Jennifer Connelly

Tools    

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
Just wanted to make mention that its her birthday today (saw it on IMDB), as I'm a big fan of her. I've liked some of the roles she has done, but its more of just having a thing for her... in a non-stalker sort of way . She has had my vote for one of the best "girl next door" looks.

If you haven't seen it, here's Jennifer on Inside the Actor's Studio:

She's smart, witty, sexy and frankly I'm considering stalking her

Seriously, I always love her performances even when she's not trying (Hulk) and I think she's developed some real acting chops over the years.

I finally saw Dark Water a few weeks back, which mostly sucked, but her performance in it was haunting.

A system of cells interlinked
Love me some Jen. I just recently watched Labyrinth, the first film I remember seeing her in...

I can't even count the number of times I've fallen in love with her...from Phenomena, Labyrinth, and The Rocketeer to Dark City, Mulholland Falls, A Beautiful Mind, and Requiem For A Dream...she's just such a natural beauty

Horrorphiliac

Besides being incredibly beautiful and almost impossibly sexy, the girl can act and made the transition seamlessly from kid actor to teen starlet to serious actress. I fell for her when I saw her in Sergio Leone's Once Upon a Time in America and Jim Henson's Labyrinth back when I was fifteen or so. And it wasn't too weird to be ga-ga for a teenaged girl at the time because I was a teenaged boy at the time, in fact we're the same age. But when I saw her a few years later all grow'd up (and in all the right places) and nekkid in The Hot Spot, it quickly grew from a crush to out-and-out lust (luckily I wasn't wearing too-tight pants for this sudden growth). Career Opportunities is John Hughes lite, but since Jennifer parades around in a white tank top for 82 minutes it's difficult to find fault with it. And in The Rocketeer, though a Disney family-friendly comic book Serial romp, she's awfully sexy in those '30s period clothes. The mid '90s was a pretty fallow time in her career, but by the time the new century rolled around she had emerged as a very fine actress, as well as still being a stunning beauty. I found her fetching as the lost lover of Waking the Dead, and heartbreaking as a junky in Requiem for a Dream. So of course she was snubbed by the Academy for both of those and rewarded the following year for a competent but not terribly thrilling performance in a competent and not terribly thrilling movie which also managed to win Best Picture, A Beautiful Mind. And then two years later when she's fan-frippin'-tastic in House of Sand and Fog, she doesn't even get a nomination. Grumble.

So, yeah. I'm crazy about her. If she ever wants to cut that Paul Bettany dude loose, I do a lot of work with unwed mothers. You know, just helping them get their start.

*Y*O*W*Z*A

Ho-Ho-Holden
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Holden, you are The man. I was gonna mention Once Upon a Time in America as well as the first time I ever had the pleasure of seeing her as well. She has long been one of my absolute favorites and I will watch anything she's in simply to look at her. My wife hates her because I was stupid enough to tell her that she is the only Hollywood starlet that I would ever leave her for. And I agree, her not at least being nominated for House of Sand and Fog was pretty lame. Booooo! Hisssss!

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
**sigh** nice to know I'm not the only nut with a thing for her!
She really does bring something extra to every movie she's in. Beyond her hotness and all, she is quite the actress too.

She's pretty but I haven't seen any of her movies..

She was in the film!!!!! I downloaded Once Upon a Time in America a couple of days ago,but haven't yet got the time to see it.I would squeeze some time for the movie had I knew she was in it.
She's incrediblely beautiful,I love her performance in A beautiful Mind.

I am half agony, half hope.
Just read this thread... I feel slightly dirty.

Ho Ho Gunslinger can have Jennifer and I'll console the heartbroken hubby when he does. Men who are crushed are so e-a-s-y.

Johann von Goethe

Independent Film Producer
I think I have seen every movie she has been in, and I have several on DVD. My favorite Jennifer Connelly film is "Some Girls", but sadly, it isn't yet on DVD.