What is your favorite Martial Arts film? Favorite actors?

Tools    

Jackie Chan in Police Story or Rob-B-Hood

jackie chan rumble bronx. supercop.

karate kid.

bourne identity - whom ever stunt double of mat daemon is.

ong bak

kill bill

I can't say I have only one favorite. I like Fists of Fury (The Big Boss) with Bruce Lee. Gorgeous from my all time favorite actor Jackie Chan, and Supercop (Police Story 3).

Fav martial arts movie would be The One with Jet Li. I'm not big on MA actors so by default I'll say Jet Li.

Any of The Shaw Brothers movies, Jackie Chan old school stuff a few Jet Li films such as Hero and Once upon a time in China.

Yun-Fat Chow in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. They should have won the Academy Award for the Best Picture in 2000.

I couldn't find a thread on this. I really enjoy fighting movies... Doesn't matter to me if they are fictional or could really happen. I myself practice Martial Arts so they really intrigue me. Some of these arnt all about Fighting but have some good Fighting in them. Here are some of my favorites :

Bloodsport
Never Back Down
Mortal Kombat 1 & 2
Rush Hour 1, 2 & 3
The One - Jet Li
Romeo Must Die
Unleash
Cradle to the Grave
Kiss of the Dragon
Enter the Dragon (way of the dragon) - Bruce Lee
Matrix 1,2 & 3
Shanghai Noon
Shanghai Knights
The Medallion
Transporter 1, 2 & 3

What are some of your favorites?

What sport do you practice? Kickboxing? K1? Muay-Thai? Boxing? MMA?

I do a lot of MMA. I do traditional training in Judo, and Krav Maga though. However I spar mainly freestyle.

Cool. We have an MMA thread here. Feel free to chime in anytime you like. There's not a lot of people posting in it, but it beats Sherfvck by a mile.

Alright cool, yea I actually do MMA fights a lot... and when I spar people that present a challenge we usually record it. Ill make sure to post links of the videos. Ill check that thread out now.

my favourite martial arts movie is kiss of the dragon and favourite actor is jet li.

Bruce Lee and way of the dragon

Bruce Lee in Fist of Fury and Enter the Dragon, infact all of the too few films that he was able makebefore his death.

I also love all those real cheesy kung fu films that came out in the 70's and 80's, acting and dialougue awful but the fight scenes were good even ifthey were way over top.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Yuen Woo Ping is the master choreographer so generally his fight scenes are way ahead of the pack. see Matrix, Jet Li films.

For me the best Martial Arts film is hands down "Fist of Legend"-Jet Li.

Notable others in no particular order;

Drunken Master- if for nothing else the fascinating concept of Drunken fighting.

Kung Fu Hustle-a little tongue in cheek but actually has very well choreographed scenes (Woo Ping). Like a comedy Kung Fu super hero film. I eagerly await part 2 currently in production.

Enter the Dragon-One of the few early films that have stood the test of time.

Matrix 1 & 2.- Part 2 Neo vs Multiple Agent Smiths is my all time favourite scene.

Hero-not exactly a kung fu movie but the opeing fight scene between Jet Li and Donnie Yuen is probably 2nd favourite fight scene. I felt the rest of the movie was an anti climax.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Almost anything with Scott Adkins today, especially the Undisputed sequels as well as his Ninja film series, especially the second where he takes on Kane Kosugi.

The Raid movies from Indonesia are fantastic as well.

Kill Bill!!!!!!! ❤❤❤❤