Terminator 2 (1991) vs. Planet of the Apes (1968)

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Which sci-fi movie do you think was better?

What do these even have in common?

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Well The Terminator was able to beat an entire police station full of armed officers, so I assume he could beat a lot of apes.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Well The Terminator was able to beat an entire police station full of armed officers, so I assume he could beat a lot of apes.
Apes are a lot smarter than police officers though

In the first Planet of the Apes movie, a lot of the Apes are portrayed as having the same amount of intelligence, though, especially the guards and officer apes.

In fact unlike the police in The Terminator, the apes only had semi-automatic weapons in comparison.

In the first Planet of the Apes movie, a lot of the Apes are portrayed as having the same amount of intelligence, though, especially the guards and officer apes.

In fact unlike the police in The Terminator, the apes only had semi-automatic weapons in comparison.
Yea but unlike humans, apes can use their four limbs so can hold up to 3 guns or more while standing on one foot so that’s 3 semi autos vs one auto plus apes have better reflexes, are better looking and better at using sonar to locate people.

Oh okay, well the apes never did that in the first movie and wore shoes if I remember correct, and they didn't even have sonar in the first movie, so I am just going by the first movie

Ok if we are going off the movies then Arnold wasn’t able to kill anyone, having to comply with John Cs order so the apes wouldn’t even need weapons because they’d be no real threat of death. They could pretty much throw feces at him until the weight of the feces crushed his metal frame.

Yep I suppose that's true

Which sci-fi movie do you think was better?
This may sound like a cop out but both films have to be judged in their historical context. What a year 1968 was and with the best technology of the time they presented a stunning alternate reality for mankind. Times were different for Terminator. With better technology and Arnold we were presented with another frightening alternative reality. So, with similar themes and different film technologies, both films narrative approach is so different that it's not easy to compare them, except to say which film appeals to one's taste better.

I give the node to POTA 1968 but I enjoyed Terminator too.

Oh okay, I was going mostly by story, but I do have a slight effection more to T2, not because of the technology so much, but by the cinematography. Adam Greenberg, is just a better cinematographer than Philippe Rousselot, but am I being unfair for judging the more new movie for having better cinematography, if it's 23 years more new?