Hillary Clinton: Woman Enough

Tools    

Yep, luckily when the government start firing missiles and have jets flying overhead and tanks rolling down the streets, little Johnny will be able to defend his homestead with a rifle.

Yep, luckily when the government start firing missiles and have jets flying overhead and tanks rolling down the streets, little Johnny will be able to defend his homestead with a rifle.
That... DOES present a new issue.

lol! Yee haw!

I say truly educate someone on firearms, like they do in the military, or country boys growing up (not "rednecks", theres a difference.) before allowing them to have one. You still have the freedom to get a gun, but youd have to earn it. Someone thats a convicted violent criminal wouldnt have that right.

the best scenerio is finding out why he was breaking in.

Mental illness? then you need to review the health system-are people
getting the help they need?

Money? why was he needing money to the point he would break into someone else house and hurt them for it. Are there not enough jobs,are people not getting the right education,are people out of jobs not getting the right support?

Revenge? has there been history where he was not getting the help he needed from a public service?

what you are talking about-guns- is talking around the actual issue.
you need to find out WHY people need to defend themselfs and fix it.

also theres been several cases where people have shot others they thought were intruders but werent. But my main point is as above.
the problem will never be solved by throwing guns into the mix.
Holy crap. I have never seen anyone take personal responsibility out of the equation completely quite like this. Thoughts like this make me sprint to the far right, and I'm not even very pro-gun.

I dont know if you missunderstood me? theres always a reason why people do what they do,point being you need to find out why guns are being used/and if in defense why is there so much violence

I dont know if you missunderstood me? theres always a reason why people do what they do,point being you need to find out why guns are being used/and if in defense why is there so much violence
Sure, but you are never going to get rid of that scenario completely. Even if 100% of your gdp was going into social programs ear marked for violence and mental illness. Your still more likely to have a tragic accident in your home than thwart a bad guy if you own a gun. So by no means am I saying everyone should pack but this idea that we can save everyone from themselves is equally unproductive.

The bottom line for me concerning gun control is the right needs to stop thinking not being able to purchase assault rifles is the equivalent of taking away hunting rifles. The left needs to stop acting like street violence will be gone with more gun control. There is a pretty easy middle ground on this issue but neither side wants to budge as usual.

The left never likes this but we need to be tougher on criminals. Serious consequences for actions is always the best deterrent. We are light on crime, especially sexual crimes.

Okey,well im probably not wording myself good enough either.

A happy,healthy,economically stable person wouldnt just attack someone.hence you wouldnt have to have a gun to defend yourself,neither would said person need a gun to attack someone-is what ive been trying to say.

i live in a place where i dont have to lock the door when i leave home for work,i dont have to worry walking home in the dark,most/all of the violent and sexual crimes are done by foreigners (not politically correct to say but true)
and theres a reason for that.
(not meant to be a condecending as it probably comes across)

But obviously we feel differently on the matter,which is fine enough

The bottom line for me concerning gun control is the right needs to stop thinking not being able to purchase assault rifles is the equivalent of taking away hunting rifles. The left needs to stop acting like street violence will be gone with more gun control. There is a pretty easy middle ground on this issue but neither side wants to budge as usual.

The left never likes this but we need to be tougher on criminals. Serious consequences for actions is always the best deterrent. We are light on crime, especially sexual crimes.
I agree, however the "tough on crime" bit can and has gone sour in a few ways.

I agree, however the "tough on crime" bit can and has gone sour in a few ways.
Like how? From where I am standing we are wildly inconsistent on sentencing and repeat offending for sexual and violent crimes not called murder is off the charts.

Isn't that to do with plea bargaining more than anything else?
You very well could be right. That wouldn't make my argument any different though.

IMO, it's an overall lack of personal responsibility in U.S. society. From the individual to government policy and even laws, people no longer are held accountable for their actions. That's probably why the concept of 'no free will' has gotten popular