Favorite Documentaries on YouTube?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
In the spirit of the Doc HOF, maybe some links of your favorite docs? I've probably forgot more than I've listed. I also know there are a ton I haven't saw. I'm guessing a lot of people can't afford to buy a DVD for every documentary.

Here's a great site - http://www.openculture.com/free-documentaries-online

Many I could pick, but here's maybe one that isn't that popular

Do Communists Have Better Sex?

really bad documentary this one

Be a freak, like me too
Sociology Is A Fighting Sport (I found it with Eng subs!)

All the films about media criticism by Pierre Carles are on Youtube.

Blood Of The Beasts - G. Franju (short film)

Olympia - L. Riefenstahl (propaganda)

Isle Of Flowers - Jorge Furtado (short film)

Essai d'Ouverture
(Luc Moullet who tries to open a Coca Cola bottle, no Eng subtitles but it's not necessary to understand, short film)

The Mad Masters - Jean Rouch. I warn you, this film is not easy to watch (short film)

Our Daily Bread - Nikolaus Geyrhalter

Movie Forums Extra
Tragedia de la Colectiv - Discovery Romania

Exit Through the Gift Shop (2010)

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

I saw this while I was living in new York City as an intern in 1984-85. It follows a group of street kids living in Seatle around that time. There was a follow up sequel made several years later that was also was very interesting.

I saw this while I was living in new York City as an intern in 1984-85. It follows a group of street kids living in Seatle around that time. There was a follow up sequel made several years later that was also was very interesting.

This was a good one.. I saw this and a few others around the same time.

Does YouTube fund making documentaries??

Very in depth documentary on Watergate. You get to see how weird Liddy and Hunt were.
Hmmm, weird.. I think I'll have to check this out (if I haven't seen it already).. Do you know what year, or who directed this?

Hmmm, weird.. I think I'll have to check this out (if I haven't seen it already).. Do you know what year, or who directed this?

It was a tv documentary by the Discover Channel. It is now on You tube. If I am not mistaken there is additional footage included on the You Tube version. It was released on VHS, however, I contacted the discover channel and they said there were no plans to release it on DVD or other digital formats.

Exit Through the Gift Shop