Your favorite "Black" or "Dark" Comedies.

Tools    

Brazil (1985)

Very Bad Things (1998)

Heathers (1988)

Doctor Strangelove: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)

Meet The Feebles (1989)

Whoops Apocalypse! (1986)

Clockwork Orange Kubrik

Full Metal Jacket as well although I think all Kubrick from Strangelove onwards has dark comedy elements to it.

Yorgos Lanthimos for me has based his career on taking that aspect of Kubrick to the extreme in stuff like Dogtooth, The Lobster, Killing of a Sacred Deer.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Jack Nicholson is my go- to when it comes to dark comedies, such as
Carnal Knowledge
The Last Detail
Five Easy Pieces
I agree. Very wicked. I'd add "One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest", too, along with "Harold and Maude" being great movies in general.

It counts.

A system of cells interlinked

Trees Lounge 1996

"Gravy" (2015), starring: Michael Weston, Jimmi Simpson, Lily Cole, Sarah Silverman

"Serial Killing 101" aka "Serial Killing 4 Dummys" (2004), starring: Justin Urich, Lisa Loeb, Thomas Haden Church.

It puts the lotion in the basket....
Not sure if somebody already mentioned it, but my all time favorite and darkest comedy film is: "Adam's Apples" with a brilliant Mads Mikkelsen

The Loved One (1965)

From the novel by Evelyn Waugh lampooning the funeral business in L.A.

Starring Johnathan Winters, Robert Morse, Rod Steiger, Anjanette Comer, and a host of cameo parts by name celebrities.

Some may not see this as a black comedy, but I think it is a definite fit. some fairy tale princess is dumped into time square to make sure she does not have a happy ending. it is wonderfully absurd and Amy Adams makes the whole thing work. I am not sure what the kids are going to get out of it

The Loved One (1965)

From the novel by Evelyn Waugh lampooning the funeral business in L.A.

Starring Johnathan Winters, Robert Morse, Rod Steiger, Anjanette Comer, and a host of cameo parts by name celebrities.
This was the first film that popped in my head when I saw the title for this thread. Loved the film but have not read the book yet.

My favorite has to be "Arsenic & Old Lace." But I also have to mention "Better Off Dead."
Great pick! It's a dream cast, with an outstanding turn by Peter Lorre. And Cary Grant was a natural in comedy.

~Doc

A Pigeon Sat on a Branch, Reflecting on Existence. That movie is both hilarious and soul-crushingly depressing. My favourite scene is when
WARNING: spoilers below
the short guy cries because he does not want to reunite with his family after he dies.
I laughed out loud at it, and may have shed a small tear, too.

Dudley Moore plays a burned out ad exec who is committed because he gets a little to close to a nervous breakdowm. He recruits some of the locals in his wing to help write adds, many of them successful and hilarious.
The advertising blurb for United Airlines went: "Your fear of flying may be valid. There are always plenty of plane crashes and people die like crazy. But you should also know that more people arrive at their destinations alive on our flights than on many others. So, if you have to fly, fly us. UNITED. Most of our passengers get there alive".
9 of 13 found this interesting | Share this
The advertisements for Porsche, Jaguar and Volvo cars read: "PORSCHE. It's a little too small to get laid in. But you get laid the minute you get out" and "JAGUAR. Sleek and Smart. For men who'd like hand jobs from beautiful women they hardly know" and "Buy Volvos. They're boxy but they're good. We know they're not sexy. This is not a smart time to be sexy anyway, with so many diseases around. Be safe instead of sexy. VOLVO. Boxy, but Good".
9 of 14 found this interesting | Shar

Little Miss sunshine.
Dad has a lousy idea for a job
The daughter overestimates her chances at a little Miss contest
Grandpa teaches her a routine that was probably inspired by the kit kat club around the corner
and more combine for this absurd comedy.