Favorite Movies With Less Than 1,000 IMDB Ratings?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The Golden Fern 1963

El dependiente (1969)

The Man Who Had His Hair Cut Short 1966

Le due vite di Mattia Pascal (1985)

Payday (1973)

This Is Martin Bonner (2013)

Highball (1997)

Anonimo veneziano (1970)

"Payday" is an awesome movie! Someone on here recommended and I loved it. It's on YouTube in full, btw.

The Roof (1956)Under provincial Italian law at the time, once a roof is erected, the occupants cannot be evicted from a building. This comedy follows the efforts of a family to erect the roof on a house overnight so that a newlywed couple can have their own home.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049839/?ref_=ttls_li_tt

Girlfriends (1978)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Girlfriends (1978)

I saw this because it was mentioned as a movie Kubrick liked.. Then it was a bonus that she played the runaway in my favorite movie, "Harry and Tonto"

I liked it.. Gave it a 7.5/10 I think.

I guess i watch a lot of relatively unknown arthouse movies, because i could keep on naming movies with less than 1000 ratings. Anyway here is a short selection of some avantgarde and arthouse movies definitely worth watching if you are serious about being a cinephile:

The Man Who Thought Life (1969) af Jens Ravn

As I Was Moving Ahead Occasionally I Saw Brief Glimpses of Beauty (2000) by Jonas Mekas

D'Est (1993) by Chantal Akerman

Les rendez-vous d'Anna (1978) by Chantal Akerman

La région centrale (1971) by Michael Snow

West of the Tracks (2002) by Wang Bing

Visitor of a Museum (1989) by Konstantin Lopushansky

The Hypothesis of the Stolen Painting by Raoul Ruiz

Histoire(s) du cinéma (1989-1999) by Jean-Luc Godard

Hospital (1970) by Frederick Wiseman

Klassenverhältnisse (1984) by Danièle Huillet, Jean-Marie Straub

Level Five (1997) by Chris Marker

13 Lakes (2004) by James Benning

Cigarettes et chocolat chaud (2016)
The Devil's Playground (1976)
Don't Talk to Irene (2017)
Insiang (1976)
Justine (2019)
Kept and Dreamless (2005)
Loners (2019)
October 1 (2014)
Sophie's Place (1986)

Here's an update to the current situation. No better than a 7/10 rating at the moment, so I'll list them and 6's.

7/10
The Curse of Audrey Earnshaw (2020)
Klyftan (1973 TV Movie)
Chung oi (2007)
Kahdeksan surmanluotia (1972)
Spasms (1983)
The Child (1977)
Il medaglione insanguinato (Perche?!) (1975)
French Dressing (1964)

6/10
Misumisô (2018)
Mal Nosso (2017)
Draug (2018)
Il demone di Laplace (2017)
Häjyt (1978)
Presence of Mind (1999)
Kong shan ling yu (1979)
Ningyo densetsu (1984)
Ghostkeeper (1982)
La visita del vicio (1978)
Mosquito der Schänder (1976)
La maldición de la bestia (1975)
El asesino de muñecas (1975)
La polizia ringrazia (1972)
Dirty Little Billy (1972)
Child Bride (1938)

Quite a few more than the last time. And sorry for just copying the names from the list instead of putting links and English titles. I'm just lazy.

is thouroughly embarrassed of this old username.
A decent number of my favourites are criminally underseen

Hanagatami (2017)
Seven Weeks (2014)
Urusei Yatsura: Only You (1983)
Sing a Song of Sex (1967)
Jane B. par Agnes V. (1988)
Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania (1972)
The Man Who Stole the Sun (1979)
Labyrinth of Cinema (2019)
The Domain of the Moment (1977)
Notre Dame des Hormones (2015)
When Black Birds Fly (2016)
I Will Walk Like a Crazy Horse (1973)
The Infernal Cakewalk (1903)
River of Fundament (2014)
The Glorious Acceptance of Nicolas Chauvin (2018)
Laura (1974)
The Fighting Fists of Shanghai Joe (1973)
The Space Between (2005)

A decent number of my favourites are criminally underseen

Laura (1974)

Are you referring to this?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2167430/

Before I clicked on it, it had the title of "Rolla"... Do you remember how you found this? I read the short description and it seems like something I'd give a try. Thanks!

Before I clicked on it, it had the title of "Rolla"... Do you remember how you found this? I read the short description and it seems like something I'd give a try. Thanks!

There's a ton Terayama on youtube for whatever reason.

There's a ton Terayama on youtube for whatever reason.

I did a quick search on IMDB and kept reading sub-categories with words such as "male nudity" "male frontal nudity" -- doesn't seem like something I'd watch, despite being 9 minutes long. Thanks anyway.

If you know any of his other movies on YouTube that I might like, I'd appreciate it.

I did a quick search on IMDB and kept reading sub-categories with words such as "male nudity" "male frontal nudity" -- doesn't seem like something I'd watch, despite being 9 minutes long. Thanks anyway.

If you know any of his other movies on YouTube that I might like, I'd appreciate it.
Lmao, I think those tags are overselling it a bit but, as much as I love this piece, you're not missing anything earth shattering by passing on it.

I've sadly not gone through as much of his shorts as I'd liked to have but one of his most well-known features is up with english subs (Pastoral: To Die in the Country)

It's a pretty great film from what I remember but its a bit esoteric.

If that's not your jam he also did this boxing movie that I haven't seen yet but looks pretty tight.

Lmao, I think those tags are overselling it a bit but, as much as I love this piece, you're not missing anything earth shattering by passing on it.

I've sadly not gone through as much of his shorts as I'd liked to have but one of his most well-known features is up with english subs (Pastoral: To Die in the Country)

It's a pretty great film from what I remember but its a bit esoteric.

If that's not your jam he also did this boxing movie that I haven't seen yet but looks pretty tight.

Thanks, added to the "Watch Later"... If I have time tomorrow, I'll try to check it out. Appreciate it!

Highball (1997)
674 ratings at a 5.9 on IMDb.

An early, and super low budget Noah Baumbach movie made with most of the cast of Mr. Jealousy. Obviously made in their off time, it’s a charming little movie that no one ever talks about. Very quotable (everybody Felix!), and quite funny. Sloppy editing, but easy to look past.

The easiest way for me to do this was to create a playlist in my media centre which sorted my ratings out for movies on IMDB that had less than 1000 votes. Pretty sure it didn't pick them all up, but here's a sample, it's not the best image quality but just about viewable:

Those Redheads from Seattle (1953)
IMDB ratings: 226

Seen this last night, a really fun and unique film. It was the first 3D western musical! Agnes Moorehead gets to star, the only time I've seen her play a leading role. And it's the only feature film of Teresa Brewer who belts out several awesome songs.