2018 MoFo Film Awards - Nominations

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Best Screenplay

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Hey baby... Yup, still no arrests. How come I wonder? 'Cause there ain't no God and the whole world's empty, and it doesn't matter what we do to each other? I hope not.

Manchester By The Sea

Let... let me finish. However... My heart was broken - cause it's always gonna be broken, and I know yours is broken, too - but I don't have to carry it. I said things that... I should f**kin' burn in hell for what I said to you..

Ex Machina

One day the AIs are going to look back on us the same way we look at fossil skeletons on the plains of Africa. An upright ape living in dust with crude language and tools, all set for extinction.

Nightcrawler

What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them? What if I was the kind of person who was obliged to hurt you for this? I mean physically. I think you'd have to believe afterward, if you could, that agreeing to participate and then backing out at the critical moment was a mistake. Because that's what I'm telling you, as clearly as I can.

Her

Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel. And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new. Just lesser versions of what I've already felt.

Suspect's Reviews

Welcome to the human race...
Another mixed bag of winners here. Not sure what this year's nominees are going to look like at this rate, but judging by the current awards-show favourites I hope we mix it up a little.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Is everyone planning to nominate intentionally comedic scenes for "Funniest Scene of the Year", or just things they found funny regardless?
It's entirely up to the person. I totally expect to receive scenes that are unintentionally funny.

I quite like the Oscars pick this season. I am yet to see Roma, the only one pending. But I have to say the Favorite is my favorite till now. Hope it gets a lot of awards.

Another list came in, bringing our big total to.....4
If we don't garner more by March 1st... maybe we push the date a little further.
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

Welcome to the human race...
Speaking for myself, I'm obviously planning on holding out to the last minute and catching up on whatever I can.

What were the final totals like in other years again?

Roma, Roma for everything. I have not seen it, but is seems to be everything the Academy wants to be these days.

I'm also waiting until closer to the deadline in case I can fit in a few more films. Some of my categories are rather light on nominations, so I'm hoping there will be a few last minute watches that I really enjoy, that will help make my list look a little less pathetic haha.