Who is the most diverse. . .

Tools    

who is the most diverse actor? Who can play a drug addict, and then play a pirate and you don't need to compare because they are so talented? Yes indeed. . .JOHNNY DEPP in my opinion. But that's just me. . .discuss.
And found he was eating his shoe.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Johnny Depp is great, but even he cannot hold a candle to Gary Oldman.

Lets put a smile on that block
Both very good choices. As soon as i saw the title of the thread Mr Depp popped into my brain. I wouldnt say he is a great actor. But he is definatly the most diverse. Does that make sense? To me a great actor would be able to inspire different emotions in me...sadness, Laughter, Anger....Jonny Depp only really inspires curiosity, Laughter and interest in me.

gary Oldman though....also very very good. I was going to say Alan Rickman. But he seems to have a certain camp quality follow him throughout his films.

maybe Anthony Hopkins.....then again his always a grumpy yet oh so intelligent welsh man in all his films....

It was beauty killed the beast.
Jim Broadbent is chameleon as well....

Here are a few that come to mind. There's no way to ever answer any of these threads where someone wants a definitive answer.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Gary Oldman definately in my mind, all listed thus far are great choices, apart from maybe Caine, who I just can't stand, but, thats just me

Once again, how could I miss Gary Oldman. Beale, you are exactly right, Johnny Depp doesn't come close to Gary Oldman. OMG I am such an idiot for not thinking of Gary Oldman first. There, I think I have said the name Gary Oldman enought for one post.

I am having a nervous breakdance

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
I was going to say Alan Rickman. But he seems to have a certain camp quality follow him throughout his films.

maybe Anthony Hopkins.....then again his always a grumpy yet oh so intelligent welsh man in all his films....
Alan and Tony both are GREAT actors, and they almost definately have as good (if not better) acting ability as anyone in the business today. Save maybe Gary. I'm biased though, as my two favorite actors alive are Gary Oldman and Anthony Hopkins. They have some range.

And I love Michael Caine!!!

De Niro has some range under is belt too.

Eddie Murphy...um....I'm not to sold there. I love him and all, but he doesn't have many places to go.

Only for the weak
Deniro does have incredible range, most people only think of him as a gangster.

I agree with most of the ones mentioned so far but what about Robin Williams and Jack Nicholson…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
I agree with most of the ones mentioned so far but what about Robin Williams and Jack Nicholson…
Good choices. There are so many diverse actors and actresses out there. It wouldn't be reasonable to choose a leader. Ray Fiennes is another that shows a broad range. Daniel Day-Lewis as well. There's also Chris Cooper, Sam Sheppard, and William Fichtner. There are so many 'B' list stars out there that have shown so many different faces, that we could easily complie a list of 100.

Robin Williams definately should be on the list. There are some that would argue that Jack, while one of the best around, is a one note kind of guy. I am not one of those. On the list he goes!

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Good choices. There are so many diverse actors and actresses out there. It wouldn't be reasonable to choose a leader. Ray Fiennes is another that shows a broad range. Daniel Day-Lewis as well. There's also Chris Cooper, Sam Sheppard, and William Fichtner. There are so many 'B' list stars out there that have shown so many different faces, that we could easily complie a list of 100.
Very good choices. Day-Lewis is almost up there with my man Gary.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
I think I would consider Jack Nicholson to be the best actor ever. But I just don't know if I think he is the perfect example of the blah blah blah diverse actor... I just love Jack. He's the best. I'm drunk.

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
I'm drunk.

Originally Posted by Kong
Jim Broadbent is chameleon as well....

I can't see those pictures Kong...