Ben Affleck or Matt Damon: Which is the better Actor?

Tools    

Do you know my poetry?

Ben and Matt, they've been best friends for a long time now, but which do you consider the better actor? As for me, I have to say Matt Damon (It was probably obvious that I was picking Damon as you can see in my avatar and signiture). I say Matt Damon because I enjoy when he comes out on the screen more, I say he's a bit underated while Ben Aflleck is one of the most overated actors in Hollywood (Well most of his movies are overrated but he was awesome in Chasing Amy). So who do you choose, Ben or Matt?

I have to go with Matt... and I have to agree that Ben is overrated...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
I have to go with Matt... and I have to agree that Ben is overrated...
With the exception that Ben will probably only get better.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I see them both as a little above average, and I mean that as a compliment by the way. There are many better actors, but they do a decent job. My favorite movie of Affleck is Sum of All Fears, I also liked Chasing Amy, and Phantoms was not too bad. Damon was good in All the Pretty Horses and Saving Private Ryan. I think Damon edges out Affleck in versatility, and I think they will both get better as they do more films. They remind me of the Corey Haim and Corey Feldman duo. Kinda hard to see one without seeing or at least thinking of the other.

I say Matt Damon has more acting skills than Ben Affleck. They are both good, but I still say Matt has more talent.
And found he was eating his shoe.

Matt Damon...Ben isn't horrible, but his bad movies out-weigh his good ones, IMO.

* = exceptional performance

Movies where I like Ben:

*Good Will Hunting
Shakespeare in Love
Dogma
*Boiler Room
*Changing Lanes
*The Sum of All Fears

Movies where I like Matt:

*The Rainmaker
*Good Will Hunting
Saving Private Ryan
*Rounders
Dogma
*The Talented Mr. Ripley
The Legend of Bagger Vance
*Ocean's Eleven
*Gerry
*The Bourne Identity

I guess I do like Matt better, go figure.

Only for the weak
Damon is ten times more versatile than Affleck.

Affleck is an awful actor, he just can't do it. Damon is more versatile and can actually act.

Put me in your pocket...
As an actor, I like Matt Damon better. I also think he has made wiser choices in his roles than Ben Affleck. I think what won me over is his performance in The Talented Mr. Ripley.

Originally Posted by Philmster
Affleck is an awful actor, he just can't do it. Damon is more versatile and can actually act.
that has just about summed it up for me...
cazz
x

Originally Posted by Philmster
I think Affleck has had some good roles. You're definitley right about Damon being more versatile, Affleck has fallen flat on his face way too many times to be better than Damon.

Neither of them are outstanding in their acting talent, however, IMO.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Although I don't love any, I'd wager that Matt has more chops than Ben does.

It was beauty killed the beast.
Damon hands down.

Affleck has done some okay work, but he's done a lot of bad work, and never any outstanding work. Basically, he's only good at playing himself.

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
Matt Damon.

The only good role I can think about for Ben is "Pearl Harbor." I saw the movie last night and I thought he was great. But he also has movies were he's just the dog's rear end! Look at Gigli

An American In Paris ****/*****
Once Upon A Time In China *****/*****
Father of the Bride ****/*****
Spartacus *****/*****
The Hidden Fortress ****/*****

You can view my review for each of those films at T-850's Reviews

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally Posted by T-850
The only good role I can think about for Ben is "Pearl Harbor." I saw the movie last night and I thought he was great. But he also has movies were he's just the dog's rear end! Look at Gigli
That movie is generally considered overdone in all areas, including acting. But that is cool...

For my money he was good in Kevin Smith's films and Shakespeare in Love. I still have lots of hope for Dazed and Confused, Changing Lanes, Good Will Hunting, and Paycheck (all of which I plan to see soon).

Originally Posted by T-850
The only good role I can think about for Ben is "Pearl Harbor."
The only part of his performance I like in that is when the cork pops into his broken nose. I laughed my ass off when that happened. It looked like he was genuinely hurt.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
The only part of his performance I like in that is when the cork pops into his broken nose. I laughed my ass off when that happened. It looked like he was genuinely hurt.
That part was funny... ... he looked like he was about to cry...

I would say matt, nbut bens new movies looks like it might change my veiw of ben!!!

Linkin Park Forums

Affordable and Reliable Web Designs and Hosting

Portfolio!!
www.MeteoraStudios.com
www.DigitalEinstein.com
www.LinkinParkForums.com

Originally Posted by ATLien
I would say matt, nbut bens new movies looks like it might change my veiw of ben!!!
Gigli, you lose.