What is your favorite Tom Hanks movie?

Tools    

Do you know my poetry?
Who I say is one of the best actors ever, What is your favorite Tom Hanks movie?

Well, I don't say Hanks is one of the best actors ever. Not even one of the best of his generation.

"I forgot it was so BIG...."

But my favorite Hanks film is easily Joe vs. the Volcano (1990). A woefully underrated romantic fantasy that is both frippin' hysterical and wonderfully hopeful, all with a dark tone underneath - which is a must when dealing with fantasy. Part satire, part parody, part farce, part screwballer, all fun.

Top ten Hanks flicks for me:
1. Joe vs. the Volcano, A
2. Toy Story, A
3. Toy Story 2, A
4. Big, A-
5. Philadelphia, B+
6. The 'burbs, B
7. The Money Pit, B
8. That Thing You Do!, B
9. Splash, B
10. Forrest Gump, B-

And check out THIS thread.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I have always respected you Holden, you know that. And even though I have always really liked Joe vs. the Volcano, I oughta slap you for that list of yours. It's quite apparent that you've relapsed and gone back to crack. 'Tis a shame.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

is this more what you had in mind, lord slayton?

my personal favorite and a must see expose of what really goes on at those late night sessions of d&d.

Only for the weak
Lol, Joe Vs the Volcano was a pretty lame movie really.

My favorite Hanks movie, a tie between Saving Private Ryan and Forest Gump.

Forgot about Road to Perdition which was also a great movie.

i'd have to say:

1: Big

2: Toy Story

3: Toy Story 2 (shoulda been called Toy Story 2, This Time They're Pissed Off)

4: Cast Away

5: Catch Me If You Can

6: Splash

7: League of Their Own

8: Dragnet

9: Turner & Hooch

10: The Green Mile (switch lots of these around.... blah!)

(but some of these may need to be in another order... i just personally think that these are his greatest movies... not that everyone else thinks that, obviously, just my own!!!)
katesxxx

Last 5 Movies I have Watched...
The Astral Factor-•
Bridget Jones's Diary•••
The Maltese Falcon••••
Sliding Doors•••
Battle Royale••••

Collectormania
IMDb

Mine is either Catch Me If You Can, Road to Perdition, or That Thing You Do. But if I absolutely had to pick I would say Road to Perdition simply because it is so beautifuly photographed, and just a cool depression era gangster movie.

I love most of his movies but Turner and Hooch is my absolute favorite...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

The Green Mile.....

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

I See You When You're Sleeping
01 - Big
02 - Turner and Hooch
03 - The Burbs
04 - Forrest Gump
05 - Splash

Get back to doing some nice films!

Ready!Set!Go!...Er..Actio n!
Joe VS the Volcano is my all time fave, with Castaway a close second.

In "Joe" you see a progression of a man from a drone ant into his own personal hero. Meg Ryan shines as three different women who reflect Joe's inner self.

I must become Caligari..!
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Do you know my poetry?
My 2 favorite Tom Hanks movies :
Saving Private Ryan (1998) - Speilberg
Forrest Gump (1994) - Zemickis

I loved A League of their Own, Catch me if You Can, Forest Gump, Sleepless in Seattle, and Castaway. I really didn't care for The Burbs at all.

I don't really have a favourite, like him in:

Big
Splash
The Burbs
Turner and Hooch
Toy story
The Green Mile

To name a few.

Big, Turner and Hooch (love Hanks when he loses it - he's too funny) and The Green Mile.

Bruce Campbell Groupie
The Green Mile

Hard to choose considering his variable accomplishment in his movies.

I would have to put in order.........

1. The Money Pit
2. Saving Private Ryan
3. Toy Story
4. Big
5. Turner and Hooch