2017 MoFo Fantasy Football Season

Tools    

Man, punch-counterpunch all day both in your matchup with Captain Spaulding and mine with Fabulous. All three of the top teams in tight matchups.

Both he and I are pulling away a little, though. Gurley scored again, and the JAX defense just returned one. Little breathing room now. That Green ejection still looms pretty large.

I think it's pretty interesting that you guys traded right before your matchup, in a way that was fairly likely to determine the result.

Honestly, I was a little surprised to get the offer. And yeah I sort of thought that too, until Winston just went out and now I have two players that both only have one catch. Gonna need huge days from Jones and Richardson now. Ack...

Jeffrey with another TD. Not safe, but much better.

Amazingly, I almost started Fuller instead. Not that he hasn't been great, it was just one of those classic, agonizing Talent vs. Matchup things. I dunno if Denver's D is having a bad day, or if the Philly offense is just that good, but they've put up 44 now.

I really didn't want to start Davis today. I started Witten last week with Brate and it didn't kill me. I prolly should have gone with that lineup again.

COME ON GUYS!!!!???!!!

I honestly expected PW to keep Stafford in as his starter this week regardless of the trade. I mean, Denver's D is supposed to be tough. Then you add the fact that Wentz is without his favorite target, Zach Ertz . . . I certainly didn't expect 30+ fantasy points.

Yeah, but Wentz is at home. Most of the rankings I saw this week kind of went along with my thinking. I did briefly think about pulling him after the Ertz thing but in the end Wentz is still at home. But yeah, wow. I like to get guys having big years but he's having a crazy good year now. I hope it can continue. I need it. I actually need him to score maybe 2 or 3 more TD's today if possible.

And Earl Thomas is out for Seattle today. If that isn't bad news you didn't see their games last season after he went out. Yikes. I mean, from a personal standpoint. We've had some really tough games with Redskins over the years. Our defense is completely different with Thomas out.

Something called Corey Clement just scored a TD for the Eagles, who now have 51 points. Sounds like they're continuing to score with backups in the game.

Like I said above: either the Denver D's having a bad day, or this Eagle offense is even better than we'd been led to believe.

I saw quite a bit of it. They look pretty damn good on offense. They get the 1 seed and they may coast right right in. Not sure where there D is tho. Too lazy to look it up.

Ah Marqise Lee I barely knew ye. We flirted in September. I saw some side boob in October. I left you to dance with another. Look at you now starshine. Watch how you soar..

As an Eagles fan, I'm trying not to get too excited about this season because I figure they'll break my heart come playoff time, but the future is definitely bright. They're way ahead of expectations. I was confident Wentz would be very good because he's a smart kid and seems to have all the intangibles to go along with the athleticism and strong decision-making, but man, I didn't expect him to be this good this soon. And in a down year for the NFC . . . whew, it's both exciting and terrifying. I'll either be on top of the world come late January/early February, or inconsolable.

As for fantasy, win or lose, I've learned my lesson about trading players to teams I'm about to face. I was just anxious to get a deal done since the deadline is coming up in a few days. I've sent out offers in the past and they just sit there, no response, so if PW wasn't interested, I needed to leave room to see if I could get a deal done with someone else. I hope I didn't trade away the wrong QB. Brees has already had his bye, though, whereas Wentz hasn't, and I think Brees has the easier schedule down the stretch. Plus with the way the Eagles are playing, they might already have the #1 seed wrapped up come fantasy championship time. I guess I could've gone after a bigger name than McKinnon, but he's scored 20+ three of the last four weeks and is heavily involved in the passing game, so I feel good about him going forward.

I thought it was really good deal. I've already lost 2 really good backs this year, so I was hesitant to lose a guy that appears to be a solid RB1/RB2 the rest of the way. I've been toying with either moving Mckinnon or Jones but I have yet to have a single trade get accepted. I don't think I send out very good offers. So when I say I was a little surprised to get the offer its only because you were offering what I thought was a very good player. Sure, unproven and maybe untested, but having a nice year so far.

I'm sort of one of those guys that doesn't believe in trading for a QB but I've also never had the number 1 player in fantasy one week and then lost him and then got an opportunity to grab the next best thing a few days later? I'll give it a shot. It's just fantasy, right?

What a bizarre but somewhat predictable outcome to the Seattle game as I waxed earlier. Feck. Man, what a day. Fournette out first thing this morning. Winston goes out and renders two of my guys inert. And why is Blair Walsh even in Football? I demand answers! This is the same guy that missed two kicks against the very team he now sucks for, yeah? Bah, fiddlesticks... Whoever signed that guy should be fired.

Finally going to get another W. Feels like a different season when I started 3-0 and had a good feeling about my team.

Strong start for Jared Cook. Still not confident I'll be able to steal this one.
Still ticking up. Amazingly, Cook's just below his season high point total and it's still the 2nd quarter.

For awhile it looked like the Green ejection wasn't gonna hurt me, but it still could. That'd be a rough way to go, especially if I lose with the second-highest score of the week.

It seems like it is always the guy that is supposed to score for me fails to do so and my "scabs" do well.

Oof. Barring a scoring correction, that'll end the bid for a perfect season, and in pretty dramatic/improbable fashion, too: less than 2 points (31st smallest margin of victory in league history), scoring second-highest point total of the week and just happening to play the one team who scored more. A third of my opponent's lineup scoring more than they have in any game this year. And, of course, my first-round pick getting ejected, which clearly would've swung the outcome, too.

Oh well. Would've preferred the loss come last week, when my team stunk, but that's fantasy football.