Bill Cosby

Tools    

I'm sure women have large, healthy sex drives, but I've personally gotta say that based on my observations, women got nothing on men when it comes to sex drive. I don't care how many silly Fifty Shades of Grey books those gals read, women don't think about sex as much as a man does. Or as intense as a man does. If so, where are all the female rapists at? There's a reason Bill Cosby is a rapist and not Phylicia Rashad.

Oh my God... there's so much more to respond to. Not right now.....
I'd say that for men sex is motivated by ego much more than in women, so there's a drive to be competitive with other males out there which isn't present in females.

When it comes to a desire for basic satisfaction I don't believe it's necessarily weaker in women. But it's triggered differently due to biological differences between the sexes; men are attracted much more by a woman's body; women are attracted much more by behavioral signs in the male that he's strong and independent.

NOTHING!! Youve made a good argument against nothing! When you say something and someone responds, just because you wont defer your point whatsoever doesnt mean youve made ANY ground, at all. You will learn this by having arguments in real life (not internet), and in time after you grow up some, gain maturity.
I used examples and analogies to argue my point - you haven't offered anything other than snark.

So let me make sure I am up to speed. Bill Cosby is a rapist because he us a sexually repressed religious zealot who couldn't get the proper testosterone release from playing Space Invaders.

It's strange that you keep suggesting Sexy's making a religious argument when he quoted Sam Harris, of all people. He's made it quite plain he's making an evolutionary/biological argument. Agree with it or don't, but you can't just force it into alignment with your preexisting conceptions of what different types of people would say.

Similarly, are you arguing with the man himself, or with some constructed stereotype? Because the idea that sex is pleasurable and has health benefits, for example, in no way contradicts his initial statements, and a few of the responses to what he's said have been total non-sequiturs.

So let me make sure I am up to speed. Bill Cosby is a rapist because he us a sexually repressed religious zealot who couldn't get the proper testosterone release from playing Space Invaders.
Can you say "Strawman"?

The subject got derailed from Bill Cosby to Sexy Celebrity's argument - which sounded like she was saying that "rape is natural", and that sexual repression is therefore necessary to prevent people from turning into rapists.

I believe that if anything the opposite has more truth - that cultural sexual repression leads to rape - why do you think that rape is a more accepted institution in Saudi Arabia or Iran (where talking about your sex life on national TV can get you thrown in the slammer) than in the US or Britain?

It's strange that you keep suggesting Sexy's making a religious argument when he quoted Sam Harris, of all people. He's made it quite plain he's making an evolutionary/biological argument. Agree with it or don't, but you can't just force it into alignment with your preexisting conceptions of what different types of people would say.

Similarly, are you arguing with the man himself, or with some constructed stereotype? Because the idea that sex is pleasurable and has health benefits, for example, in no way contradicts his initial statements, and a few of the responses to what he's said have been total non-sequiturs.
Whether Sexy is religious or not, I believe a lot of the ideas behind his arguments come from religion whether he realizes it or not.

It's possible for a person's viewpoints on something to be influenced by cultures that have been around for 100s of years, even if the person isn't religious themselves. (For example, anti-Semitic atheists do exist - despite many of the cultural anti-Semitic stereotypes having originated in the early Catholic Church). I don't see any other cultural basis or consistency for the belief other than "thou shalt be fruitful and multiply".

IMO her statement can't be contradicted since it hinges on declaring something as "natural" and on claiming to know what "nature wants". I just used some analogies where people engage in other recreational activities, that release "pleasure chemicals" outside of a basic survival function - because I see her arguments logically applying to these situations as well.

On the same note I do believe that cultural sexual repression leads to rape - why do you think that rape is a more accepted institution in Saudi Arabia or Iran (where talking about your sex life on national TV can get you thrown in the slammer) than in the US or Britain?
Does more accepted=more prevalent, because I don't think it does.

Gunslinger did more in a couple sentences to further this conversation then you have in an awful lot of posts. Rape is usually way more about power than it is about sex.

Can you say "Strawman"?

The subject got derailed from Bill Cosby to 90sBabble telling his/her/its espousings on life and how rape is such an overrated act, and only our "christian" sensibilities/brainwashing keeps us from seeing that. Sexy Celebrity's argument - which sounded like she was saying that "rape is natural", and that sexual repression is therefore necessary to prevent people from turning into rapists.

I believe that if anything the opposite has more truth - that cultural sexual repression leads to rape - why do you think that rape is a more accepted institution in Saudi Arabia or Iran Its not accepted you imbecile, its rampant! Its one of the base reasons so much violence exists on such a large scale after all these centuries. Do you think rape is a "more accepted" act in Haiti? In Haiti where rape was (and maybe still is) so prevalent theres the highest AIDS percentage in all the world? (where talking about your sex life on national TV can get you thrown in the slammer) than in the US or Britain?

Whether Sexy is religious or not, I believe a lot of the ideas behind his arguments come from religion whether he realizes it or not. Again you try to force this "conversation" to a religous bend because thats what you enjoy debating the most about. Youre under the belief you have an intellectual leverage in that area, and wish to primp and pose your vocabulary.

You have derailed this thread from Bill Cosby to 90sbabble views on what we should accpt or shouldnt.

It's possible for a person's viewpoints on something to be influenced by cultures that have been around for 100s of years, even if the person isn't religious themselves. (For example, anti-Semitic atheists do exist - despite many of the cultural anti-Semitic stereotypes having originated in the early Catholic Church). I don't see any other cultural basis or consistency for the belief other than "thou shalt be fruitful and multiply".Again trying to desperately insert words in his mouth because you have no answer to what he actually said.

IMO her statement can't be contradicted since it hinges on declaring something as "natural" and on claiming to know what "nature wants". I just used some analogies where people engage in other recreational activities, that release "pleasure chemicals" outside of a basic survival function - because I see her arguments logically applying to these situations as well.

Listen Slick, you putting Arrogant Basterd under your profile pic is very edgy and all, but youre one dimensional conversational agenda was apparant to me from your first post in the thread. If you cant talk about Bill Cosby, and wish to soapbox your never ending theoretical babblings, you should get out of this thread.

Listen Slick, you putting Arrogant Basterd under your profile pic is very edgy and all, but youre one dimensional conversational agenda was apparant to me from your first post in the thread. If you cant talk about Bill Cosby, and wish to soapbox your never ending theoretical babblings, you should get out of this thread.
You're totally ignorant of what I was arguing.

I was arguing that religions with sexually-repressed views lead to more rape and bad sexual behavior, since expressing sexual desires in healthy ways is not accepted. I used the Catholic sex abuse scandal as an analogy.

Sexy's view seems to be that "we need to repress our sexual urges except when procreating or we'll all turn into rapists" (which sounds identical to religious fundamentalist propaganda) - I argued the opposite.

Its not accepted you imbecile, its rampant! Its one of the base reasons so much violence exists on such a large scale after all these centuries. Do you think rape is a "more accepted" act in Haiti? In Haiti where rape was (and maybe still is) so prevalent theres the highest AIDS percentage in all the world?
Catholicism/Christianity is the main religion in Haiti, yet that doesn't stop the rampant rape, so that makes a good case against Sexy's argument that more sexual repression = less rape.

Many marriages in Saudi Arabia would be statutory rape in the West because marrying young girls to older men is common there.

This provides evidence to the point I was making.

But If you want to bitch about "deraliment" you should go back and read Sexy's original posts - which I replied to - which somehow took a thread about Bill Cosby, onto a diatribe about how "procreation" is the only "natural" purpose of sex... and that sex without procreation leads to rape... or something.

Whether Sexy is religious or not, I believe a lot of the ideas behind his arguments come from religion whether he realizes it or not.
You have to know someone pretty well to make a claim like this, and so far you haven't even figured out his gender (Sexy Celebrity is a he).

Even if you could make such a statement, allowing yourself to brush these things off creates a situation where you never have to augment your preconceptions about different groups, because you can always just say their ideas subconsciously came from some other group. I don't trust any belief about other people that has no mechanism for allowing itself to be contradicted by reality.

How, though? SC didn't claim sex was a rote reproductive function with no other benefit, so I don't know why enumerating those benefits is a response to anything.

You're totally ignorant of what I was arguing.

I was arguing that religions with sexually-repressed views lead to more rape and bad sexual behavior, since expressing sexual desires in healthy ways is not accepted. I used the Catholic sex abuse scandal as an analogy.

Sexy's view seems to be that Not interested in what you have to say are Sexys views.
So youre saying this "great oppresion" by the church/christianity (you probably think its the same thing) is the reason why rapes on the increase.

So sorry but thats just childish finger pointing nonsense. If someone is going to supposedly "fall" from their faith they'll have sex. That doesnt mean they'll beat someone down and rape. That is not what runs thru christians minds when feeling the urges of temptation. If it is, then its a psychological problem most likely due to person having been raped themselves in some capacity sometime in their past. That is not the fault of a faith.

Hey, remember when you guys said there was no proof Bill had raped those women?

Could this be proof? I can't believe nobody's mentioned this yet....

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	ISPITONYOURJELLO.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	241.4 KB
ID:	18440  

You have to know someone pretty well to make a claim like this, and so far you haven't even figured out his gender (Sexy Celebrity is a he).
No, Sexy is definitely a girl, and he's the prettiest girl at the ball!

No, Sexy is definitely a girl, and he's the prettiest girl at the ball!
Tagline says "Animal Mother" so that could easily through someone off

People, stop talking about me and talk about my fabulous I Spit On Your Jell-O poster. I made that and it's one of my favorite things ever. I made it for your Sunday morning enjoyment.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Even if some allegations aren't true, just one case is more than enough. In Cosby's case and in most others, rape is not caused from sexual repression. It's about power. Besides rape, it seems like every day I hear another domestic abuse case. Women shouldn't be quiet and prosecute these animals. And women should set an example by stop dating these guys, even if they have money (I read this from quite a few women... One said, "Well, some women get beat by their man who makes minimum wage...") - -horrible... And if you have kids, you're setting a horrible example for them to, Break the cycle of violence. I also don't see what the point of a ten year statute of limitations. Maybe some women aren't comfortable letting the entire world know her business right away... And earlier posters mentioned how 1/3 women are molested and/or raped, so maybe it's not a great idea to make jokes how you were assaulted by Cosby...

What is with this religious phony about sex and reproduction. Actually, from myself and people I know that's the one thing we hope not to happen, reproduction... There's nothing innate about it, and nature would be really upset if that's why people had sex. But Christianity b.s. says that any sexual act that is not missionary or for pro-creation is a sin. Well, I don't believe in religion, and I don't think people who call themselves whatever really believe in it, since no one really follows it. It's that brain-washing group mob mentality. It would be like saying every time a man or woman masturbated they were hoping for reproduction.... I'm not only pro-choice, I'm pro abortion, and in a nicer world, there would be contraceptives, birth control, morning after, AND abortions on demand, paid by the government. Even if we weren't overcrowded, we don't need more unwanted children, and instead break the cycle. People who want to have children, should if they could, but I would think long and hard before making that decision. It's not a game; someone is being brought to the Earth without their permission. Most people will never become ready mentally to have children. My ex turned 40, and just had to get pregnant because of her biological clock. Or the other excuse of "Maybe it will help my life." How selfish!!