Who's your #1 movie hero?

Tools    

Of course Im older now, and age affects your choice greatly. My pick is Liam Neesons character Bryan Mills from Taken.

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

Sold! Taken is the best action movie Ive seen in the past 15-20 years before it, and I havent seen one better since. It hit you on a basic level of protecting your child from the darkest of fates, a hopeless terrifying situation, and showed a dangerous yet simple mans relentless search. He was not going to come back alive unless he had her.

actually taken is in my top 100 best movie very great action movie and Neeson is amazing but my favorite hero of all time is definitely Roy Scheider in Jaws . He is completely awesome

Alex Murphy

Yep, going with Alex Murphy instead of his more famous second-life RoboCop.
Model Cop, had an easy time in Metro South Precinct according to Sgt Reed... was kinda cocky to start with, especially with Lewis when he first met her, but their first day on the job together Murphy got his ass handed to him by the main criminal group in Old Detroit.

Saved by Bob Morton and his team, albeit immorally, RoboCop was born from Murphy's unbending loyalty to his job and the law and from being the model Cop he was... but not all of Alex Murphy had been erased.

Murphy began to show through the programming and RoboCop began feeling again... confused by his random thoughts and uncontrollable memories, Murphy pieced who he was and went all out to bring justice to the men who took his life away, by using the powers given to him by those who saved him and also those who were inadvertently also responsible for his death.
But not without difficulty as he was still faced by enemies within the Company that built him, which also ruled the law... but also an enemy from within, sheer programming, that was able to disable him from doing what he set out to do.

After near killing himself by bringing justice to those involved, Alex Murphy was back.
Regaining his memories and his former glory backed up cutting edge technology and most importantly regaining his Humanity... and the Old Man saying he's a good shot.

actually taken is in my top 100 best movie very great action movie and Neeson is amazing but my favorite hero of all time is definitely Roy Scheider in Jaws . He is completely awesome

Yeah he was great. During filming Speilberg would constantly tell Schneider to not act so tough, and was always wanting to meek him down some. It was all in preservation of the ending because he didnt want anyone in the audience to believe Brody could be capable of killing the shark.

Trying to pick just one is a difficult task in itself.

Either:

Or:

Or:

Or:

Not all conventional choices, perhaps, but I couldn't narrow it down to just one.

We've gone on holiday by mistake

John Rambo

It was a tough choice but I picked Rambo for his sheer kill count and will to survive. No matter what they throw at him, be it helicopters, tanks, cops, or even entire armies, he always emerges victorious.

In first blood Rambo was a burnout Vietnam vet and drifter. After he destroys a small town his commanding officer, Colonel Samuel Trautman, takes him under his wing and puts his skills to use. Together they go back to Vietman to rescue POW's and then to Afghanistan to help he afghans resist the Russians. What I admire the most is Rambo's guts, he has the nerve to take on a division of armor with a bow and arrow, wearing nothing more then a headband and combat pants. He even makes time for spray-on tan and ultraperm sessions inbetween - what a guy!

Colonal Samuel Trautman

Colonal Trautman is a father-figure of sorts for Rambo - keeps him on the straight and narrow - and keeps him doing what he does best...blowing people up.

Remember, whenever you're in a tough spot, never to give up, never surrender, and think to yourself...what would Rambo do..?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right

The duo from The Killer

The Unholy Trinity from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Mifune in Yojimbo

Franco Nero as Keoma in Keoma

Franco Nero as Django in Django

The Banjo Man from Sabata

John Mallory from Duck, You Sucker!

Franco Nero as El Polaco in The Mercenary

Terence Hill in My Name is Nobody

Lee Van Cleef in The Big Gundown

Franco Nero as Il Pinguino in Vamos a matar, compañeros

The kinky cowboys (Gunslinger45's alter egos) in Tears of the Black Tiger

Captain Kronos from Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter

The Kung-Fu Rock Band from Miami Connection

Harry Washello from Miracle Mile

Ricky-Oh from Story of Ricky

Lady Snowblood from Lady Snowblood

Reiko Ike's titties from Sex and Fury
+

Wow! It's just know I realised how much I love Franco Nero. I don't know if all of them can be called heroes, especially characters from spaghetti westerns that could be heroes and villains at the same time as they did both good and bad things, but yeah... Oh, and I focused on entertaining films with heroes that actually resemble heroes and not just heroes meaning protagonists I like.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.