Paris Texas review and why It had a huge effect on me

→ in
Tools    

The 1984 Wim Wenders movie Paris Texas is a film I have never forgotten. although few words are said in the film The emotions of the characters are deeply felt as Travis tries to reconnect with his son hunter by trying make right the past by reuniting him with his mother Jane. Paris Texas has a very haunting feel to it as you watch broken isolated Travis roaming Texas with nothing but a rucksack. so movie has a very nostalgic appeal with its wild West surroundings and the city of Houston as Travis and his son Hunter drive past the cities skyscrapers. Hunter looking up at them in amazement. in my opinion Paris Texas represents a time in America long past and romanticised through its peaceful yet haunting instrumental Soundtrack. which is best demonstrated when Travis watches old tapes of him and his family at a time when they were happy and carefree. The ending to the film was so powerful as you see Travis and Jane unload there thoughts and feelings they kept inside and unspoken for years. Paris Texas had a Big effect on me growing up and I find the movie a haunting masterpiece to this day.

This might just do nobody any good.
The Salt of the Earth is just as affecting.

Ditto Wings of Desire. I didn’t “get” Paris, Texans until the second viewing but Wings clicked right away. I’m looking around for The American Friend.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The Salt of the Earth is just as affecting.

Ditto Wings of Desire. I didn’t “get” Paris, Texans until the second viewing but Wings clicked right away. I’m looking around for The American Friend.
"Salt of the Earth" was just on TCM.... I put a reminder on the Shoutbox... I tried to get my cousin to see it, but when he realized it was in B&W...... the mind closed.

One of my favorite films. So peaceful and sad
Saw on your profile that you like the station agent and you like Paris Texas you have great taste sir

Saw on your profile that you like the station agent and you like Paris Texas you have great taste sir
Thank you!

I like movies that rest easy in their atmosphere and location(s) and unravel some choice moments.

Must be very difficult or require much serendipity to capture those ingredients to propel your film.

Thank you!

I like movies that rest easy in their atmosphere and location(s) and unravel some choice moments.

Must be very difficult or require much serendipity to capture those ingredients to propel your film.
It definitely takes a special kind of director to do so. And the station agent is one of my all-time favourite movies with its simple down to earth storytelling about 3 outsiders who establish an unlikely bond.