Directed By Women Countdown?

Tools    

And yet you assume my gender. When have I ever told you it is acceptable to refer to me with masculine pronouns? I really think the Wachowskis are women. You owe me an apology at least.
Are you going to play the "assume my gender" meme card? Because it doesn't take me long to apologize for misgendering, probably not longer than it will take you to realize how ridiculous you've sounded here.

By the way, I have been called transphobic. I know I still have transphobic attitudes and prejudgements even if I try to remove them. Stop playing the victim.

For the record Iro made a ruling here. We've accepted other hosts rulings like Nope allowing anything that counted as Sci-Fi on IMDB, and Citizen's sole 30's Countdown when a number of members wanted to include 20's films.
Yeah, just want to echo something here: if you choose a Curator, you're choosing them to make these choices. Obviously a good Curator will listen to people's arguments and make a good faith effort to please as many participants as possible, but ultimately, it's their call, and it's similarly up to them if they would rather preclude further discussion after a decision is made.

Preemptive clarification on the above: I'm not saying anyone curating a list can just tell people to stop talking about the issue, but they do reserve the right to ask that it take place in another thread, if it's continuing (and continuing heatedly) in their thread long after a decision has been made. I'm going to back them on that, excepting only really blatant power trips or misconduct, which obviously isn't anywhere near the case here (or with any of the lists so far).

As always, though, my preference is that you guys hash all this stuff out on your own. These lists are a community project, and I want to keep them that way as much as possible. So thanks in advance to everyone for, hopefully, rolling with the process, even if it doesn't always go the way they'd choose.

Let the night air cool you off
Are you going to play the "assume my gender" meme card? Because it doesn't take me long to apologize for misgendering, probably not longer than it will take you to realize how ridiculous you've sounded here.

By the way, I have been called transphobic. I know I still have transphobic attitudes and prejudgements even if I try to remove them. Stop playing the victim.
It's brave of you to admit you still have that problem. I'll pray for you. Personally, I've been free from transphobic attitudes and prejudgments for awhile now. Probably since high school, but I've grown a lot since then.

Anyway i'm watching The Selfish Giant shortly. Looks good!
A solid
+ fillum imo.

Good idea! The 14th Hof just ended, the 70s Hof is winding down, and I'm not starting the 15th for awhile. So somebody should host a Directed by Women Hof to help support this countdown. It sounds fun
When do you think would be the right time to start thinking about doing this? After the 70's HoF finishes or later than that? Just wondering.

Unless Scorsese or someone comes out as transgender, I'm going to have to watch a butt-load (or, in this case, a vagina-load) of films to put together a decent top 25. Normally when these countdowns are announced I can already put together a list I'd be happy submitting; although I still always use the opportunity to explore the decade/genre more thoroughly in the hopes of discovering new favorites, as well as re-visiting old favorites to help determine the order in which to rank them. With this countdown, however, there are only a handful of films I'd rate 4 stars or higher and almost nothing I'd consider a favorite. According to this letterboxd list (https://letterboxd.com/michaelhaneke...cted-by-women/), I've seen 140 films directed by women, although I can think of a few more I've seen that aren't yet included on this particular list. Still, there's a lot left for me to watch. Hopefully I'll have better luck with women-directed films going forward than I have so far, otherwise Joe Dirt will be making my list.

There's an upcoming Lynne Ramsay film with Joaquin Phoenix - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_We...er_Really_Here

But it's not coming out til February next year around when the Countdown will be starting i imagine . Oh well it's one of my most anticipated films of 2018.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Good idea! The 14th Hof just ended, the 70s Hof is winding down, and I'm not starting the 15th for awhile. So somebody should host a Directed by Women Hof to help support this countdown. It sounds fun
70s is winding down? Feel like I just started haha. Oh and not many HAVE started

When do you think would be the right time to start thinking about doing this? After the 70's HoF finishes or later than that? Just wondering.
Personally I could join one right now, but of course it depends on the interest level. I don't know what the best time to start it would be, it would be up to the person hosting it of course and would depend on what Iro's is having for a watch period for the countdown. Has he said?

Personally I could join one right now, but of course it depends on the interest level. I don't know what the best time to start it would be, it would be up to the person hosting it of course and would depend on what Iro's is having for a watch period for the countdown. Has he said?
He hasn't set a date yet. I'm guessing it will be in March since it's usually 3-4 months and this one probably needs to be on the high end of that for people to get their lists together.

I'll join of course if it ends up happening, wait until the 70's HoF finishes to start actually thinking about starting one i'd say, was just curious because i haven't joined the last few Hall of Fames and am kind of out of the loop. Wasn't sure if anything else was already coming up.

Has anybody seen Ode (1999) by Kelly Reichardt? I can't seem to find it. It's on youtube in four parts but the 1st part is blocked for U.S.
Seems like a tough to find movie. The missing first part should be 14-15 minutes i think, the whole thing is 48 minutes according to Letterboxd. Can't see it anywhere else and part 1 doesn't even show up on his channel for me nevermind being blocked.

Seems like a tough to find movie. The missing first part should be 14-15 minutes i think, the whole thing is 48 minutes according to Letterboxd. Can't see it anywhere else and part 1 doesn't even show up on his channel for me nevermind being blocked.
I thought maybe U.K. could see the first part, but I guess not. I looked for the DVD, and it's not available. I looked for pay-per-view stream, and it's not there. It doesn't seem to be anywhere! And the thing is it's the last feature film of Reichardt that I need to see to complete her filmography.

I thought maybe U.K. could see the first part, but I guess not. I looked for the DVD, and it's not available. I looked for pay-per-view stream, and it's not there. It doesn't seem to be anywhere! And the thing is it's the last feature film of Reichardt that I need to see to complete her filmography.
It's a remake of this according to IMDB - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074995/?ref_=tt_trv_cnn