Ben Affleck or Matt Damon: Which is the better Actor?

Tools    

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Has anyone here actually seen Gigli? I know I haven't.

I've seen bits and pieces of it ad know someone who did see it, and, its meant to be worse than what the critics were saying, so....

Matt Damon all the way. I used to like Ben better, but he completely sold out. Gigli? Oh give me a break... What else was he in? He used to be awesome... but made bad career choices to become a "star" rather than an actor. Matt Damon has chosen his roles better, and doesn't take any thing that is thrown at him. I think Matt chooses quality over quantity. I can't believe how much Ben has sold out.

I've never been held in awe of his performances, he just can't act, its that simple.

On that note, nor have I been in awe of Damon's performances, but, he is a darn site better than Affleck.

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
I have to go with Matt... and I have to agree that Ben is overrated...
I will have to second that motion. Plus Matt is more successful and not whipped either. (lashes whip)

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
Has anyone here actually seen Gigli? I know I haven't.
I sure haven't. But I know that If I sit down and see the film, It'll be a waist of time and a waist of money for either renting it or buying it.

An American In Paris ****/*****
Once Upon A Time In China *****/*****
Father of the Bride ****/*****
Spartacus *****/*****
The Hidden Fortress ****/*****

You can view my review for each of those films at T-850's Reviews

Damon. But I'll go against the grain and say that Affleck is not overrated. If anything, he's underrated.

Granted, he's inconsistent. He's gotten involved in some bad projects, and his role therein are sometimes less than stellar, but consistency and raw talent are not quite the same thing. I'd say that what talent he has (and I do believe there's talent there) is often overshadowed by some of his poorer career choices. That is, I think people often judge him by some sort of cinematic average rather than measure his raw ability by examining his better performances.

He sucked in Armageddon, though.

Originally Posted by Yoda
He sucked in Armageddon, though.
And that was the beginning of the Ben bashing. I don't think he's bad, just not great yet. I do think that he will only get better and better, he just needs to do a couple of smaller movies that show he can act. Get away from the megamovies for awhile.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I dont even think he has what it takes to be great, sure he has been tolerable in one or two films, but he has never shown signs of greatness.

But I'll go against the grain and say that Affleck is not overrated. If anything, he's underrated.
I think people often judge him by some sort of cinematic average rather than measure his raw ability by examining his better performances.
Not being a fan of either I will go with Damon.

Yoda, what do you do you consider Affleck's "better performances"

Originally Posted by nebbit
Not being a fan of either I will go with Damon.

Yoda, what do you do you consider Affleck's "better performances"
Primarily his roles as Chuckie Sullivan in Good Will Hunting and Gavin Banek in Changing Lanes. Especially the latter.

Primarily his roles as Chuckie Sullivan in Good Will Hunting and Gavin Banek in Changing Lanes. Especially the latter.
He was good in Boiler Room and Sum of All Fears as well.

They are both different however I heard of Ben Affleck only after he was dating that Jennifer Lopez chick..if I have to pick Matt Damon, he is the better actor.

Bruce Campbell Groupie
Films I liked Damon in-Good Will Hunting, Dogma, The Talented Mr.Ripley

Films I liked Affleck in-Dogma, Good Will Hunting

As you can tell, I'm not crazy on either of them, however, on account of The Talented Mr. Ripley, Damon wins.