What's currently the most prized item in your DVD collection and why?

Tools    

Fasten your seat belts...
Originally Posted by Braveheart_1298
I have alot of prized possessions, LOTR Extended Editions, Buffy season 1 -7, Angel Season 1 -4, Smallville Season 1-3, X Files season 1-4, Firefly, Indiana jones Boxset, Alien Quadrilogy and my Terminator 2 black tin case, special edition
You should work for Fox!!!

HEY WHAT'S UP!
One of my prized DVD is actually a DVD I recently bought. Rubi, a spanish soap opera that became very popular here in the united States. If your up for anything you should pick up a copy and let me know what you thought.

the only hayward man will ever need
my most prized possesion is Dawn of the Dead: Ultimate Edition

http://www1.cd-wow.com/detail_result...uct_code=12403
"I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species. I wanted to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all the French beaches I'd never see. I felt like destroying something beautiful." - Tyler Durden

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Sedai
Blade Runner - I have to mention it because it is THE BEST MOVIE EVER!! The DVD is so-so, and I would LOVE to see a special edition hit the streets.
I feel your pain...

I look at my Blade Runner disc and, even though it's one that I couldn't bear to part with, can't help thinking how shoddily this great movie's been treated.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Tacitus
I feel your pain...

I look at my Blade Runner disc and, even though it's one that I couldn't bear to part with, can't help thinking how shoddily this great movie's been treated.
If I am not mistaken, Blade Runner and Twister were two of the first DVDs to be released in the states. My copy of BR doesn't even have a real DVD menu to speak of. When you punch up "menu", a WB logo appears with a link to the chapter list, and that's it. Zero special features. Must have been a test run for WB....

Want to add a couple to my list:

Raging Bull : Special Edition
Star Wars : OT
Martin Scorsese Box Set

Originally Posted by Sedai
If I am not mistaken, Blade Runner and Twister were two of the first DVDs to be released in the states. My copy of BR doesn't even have a real DVD menu to speak of. When you punch up "menu", a WB logo appears with a link to the chapter list, and that's it. Zero special features. Must have been a test run for WB....
I've just popped mine (R2) into the player, and it's exactly the same.

Shoddy...

im gonna add more

just wish it had a commentary

Where's my Vodka Martini
That's either:
My James Bond collection - Because I'm a james bond fan.
or
Resident Evil:Apocalypse - It's the only film I have with Sienna Guillory in it, so far.............

"There's only one airbag in this car......and it's on my side"

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
It's probably the three WB special edition boxsets that I have. The coolest thing is that there is a single 35mm frame from each of the movies, amongst other things, like screenplays, picture cards, posters etc.
So far I own;
Bullit.
Casablanca, and
The Matrix.
These are cool collectors items, and I got them reduced cause the DVD shop was closing down. Everyone loves a bargain.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Withnail and I
Cinders, if I may pick your brains for a minute?

Does your copy of Withnail & I feature some very obvious and badly integrated ADR (mainly from McGann's character's voiceover)?

As soon as I upgraded my VHS copy to the R2 SE release I noticed (and cursed giving my old video to the charity shop).

There's a 2 page thread about this on the Withnail forum (here) if you don't know what I'm on about, but they seem to be talking only about the R2 release...

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
You can pick my brains if you can find 'em, D.
Sadly, my copy is the pre-Criterion with no extras. The sound throughout could be better. I don't know what ADR is, and your link goes to the main page of the forum where no mention of ADR jumped out at me. McGann's vo's during the early cafe scene and later when he's in the bathtub are pretty hackneyd. Is that what you mean?

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
You can pick my brains if you can find 'em, D.
Sadly, my copy is the pre-Criterion with no extras. The sound throughout could be better. I don't know what ADR is, and your link goes to the main page of the forum where no mention of ADR jumped out at me. McGann's vo's during the early cafe scene and later when he's in the bathtub are pretty hackneyd. Is that what you mean?
ADR means Additional Dialogue Recording - ie redubbing. The two scenes you mention are two that were redubbed so you're on the right track even if you didn't know it (sounds like the way I figure out most things...).

That forum's weird. Every page you click has the same address. If you can't stand pages of nutters shouting "Monty you terrible ****!" at each other, I'll spare you the bother.

Originally Posted by A nutter who probably shouts "Monty you terrible ****"
It appears you are refering to the original theatrical release...these are the changes made to the original and subsequently released on VHS and DVD:-

Marwoods opening voice-over has been redubbed.
Marwoods speach about his thumbs having gone weird has been cut. The scene thus goes from the line "I don`t feel good" to "Look at my tongue".
Withnails "I'm gonna pull your head off" has been cut.
Dannys anecdote about The Coalman has been cut.
Some dialogue concerning Withnails current work and Marwood also being a thespian has been cut out of the scene at Montys home.
The scene of Marwood slipping in the mud and then angrily persuading Withnail to have another look at the shed has been cut.
The first part of Withnail and Marwoods conversation with the major, concerning Withnail having been in the Territorials, has been cut. The scene in this version simply dissolves from Withnail and Marwood walking to the pub with Marwoods voice-over to the major bringing up the subject of Jake. Marwoods line about why Withnail lied to the major has understandably also been cut.
The word Saveloy has been redubbed to Sausage.
It's been butchered...

Strangely it's my Infernal Affairs Collectors Box Set, which i imported from Hong Kong, it only cost about 50p and i got Ashes of Time with it free. ****ing awesomest deal ever. DVDs are all good quality and legit, they come in a fancy case and there's a bonus disc of extras, and it only cost 50p!!!

Yo She Bi*ch, lets go.
I have this Lord of the Rings the two towers thats different from the others because I owned it before it was even released to the public. I got connections like that.

Proud Member of the Soprano Family
My Uncut International Version 2-Disc Set of Trainspotting
I paid full price for it, but it was well worth it.

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
Kung Fu Hustle. Picked it up on www.cdwow.co.uk about 7months ago for £9.99 and must have watched it 5 or 6 times now.

(and before anyone asks, No, it's not a bootleg copy)

Can we try with real bullets now?
City Of God. I had to pay twenty bucks for it even though it was only a one disc set, but it was worth it.

There are those who call me...Tim.
My Lord of the Rings boxset of Extended Editions. I've had it since Christmas and there still aren't any scuffs on the packaging

A system of cells interlinked
Adding another....

A Very Long Engagement (Jeunet, 2004)

STELLAR transfer, and quite possibly the best "Making Of" I have ever seen. It's almost as long as the film itself, and it has so much great inside information about so many of the scenes in the film. Add to this a great documentary about Paris in the 20s, as well as a doc about the zeppelin explosion, and we have a real gem. I also love the menu design. For any Jeunet fan, this disc is a must have...