What's currently the most prized item in your DVD collection and why?

Tools    

Little floppy, hoppy, bunnies!
For me right now the prize goes to Buffy the Vampire Slayer season's 1-7. This show has changed my life and has made me feel things that I haven't felt for such a long time. The waves of emotion's that I get while watching an episode is the best gift for me right now! I'm just blown away by this show and so happy that my boyfriend has turned me on to this show!!!!!!!!!

The People's Republic of Clogher
Probably my two Manson documentaries that were made for me by the film maker.
I had to re-read that, because the first time I thought that you'd been sent the DVDs by old Charlie himself...

When this thread popped up in the 'following' bit in my profile I wondered what DVD I had originally picked to warrant inclusion and was a bit disappointed to find that my only contributions were some anal wittering about Withnail & I.

Recently, I'm proud of my Naked Criterion Edition:

'Cos it's been so shoddily treated on DVD over here.

And my Deadwood box set, because it's just so lovely to look at, hold and smell:

Couldn't find a decent pic online so this out of focus Tatty original will have to do.

Harry Potter DVD box set (1-5)

Xena season one for having 6 discs in one normal case

All my out of print Criterion: Flesh For Frankenstein, Blood For Dracula, Hard Boiled, Silence Of The Lambs, The Grand Illusion, Robocop.

My Children Of Paradise Korean/pseudo-criterion (has all the same features but without the spine number):

People Need To Re-Read **** Twice on Here
clerks and a nightmare on elm street series...

"There's No F***ing Ice Cream In Your F***ing Future"

Alfred Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection, no doubt.

Runners up include The Godfather Trilogy: The Coppola Restoration, Blade Runner 4-Disc Edition, and Star Wars Original Trilogy Box Set.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Currently, my 5-disc edition of Gone With The Wind and Magnolia, because currently, it's out of print in Australia.

first transformers first movie. if you reserved it, it came in tins. i have both versions. django tin.

my boot leg walk hard the dewy cox story, and my copy of no country for old men.

bram strokers dracula in a thin box 2- disk with a slip cover, i paid 9.99for it, but since i havent seen it for cheaper than 14.99.

elfin lied, it was only 30/35 bucks, but i havent seen it so often over the past few years.

ghostrider, bought it onthe day it droped, and got the bulray cover, even though its not on bluray, and the same for 300.

Pulp fiction is really nice....

the first iron man, 2-disk slip cover--10.00
forbiden kingdom, 2-disk slip cover--10.00
red dragon/black mask--both hard to find, both under 5 bucks
lord of war--bought it used, but great box 2-disk paid 3 bucks

shnobi, 2- disk...the picture on the disks are afro samori
kingdom of heaven, 2-disk hologra slip cover for 9$
the nightmare before christmas---just so glad i have it 3-disk slip cover

under world, clear cover with kate on a building 2-disk, with a comic book
green hornet, bluray clear 2-disk slip cover--at best buy for 34$--i paid 25
get smart collectors box in shape of phone booth/shoe phone

unbreakable, 2-disk in a nice box--7.50.

Probably my Hitchcock Essential Collection blu ray box set because Hitchcock is my all time favourite director. It has 15 of Hitchcock's best films, plus lots of groovy special features. Other prized items in my collection would include:

Gone With the Wind 75th anniversary limited edition 4 disc blu ray
Blade Runner 5 disc complete collector's edition
Stanley Kubrick limited edition 10 disc blu ray box set

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
My Extended Edition trilogy of LotR.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

Since almost all of them are not rare or anything like that, I'd pick The Call of Cthulhu, a movie I saw in our local indie venue. It's a sound-era silent, black and white film, made on a shoestring budget by the HP Lovecraft Historical Society. As such, it's faithful to the Lovecraft story. The silent, monochrome aspect of it seems exactly right for the time period of both the story and Lovecraft. And, to add to its virtues, it's filmed in "Mythoscope", whatever that means and has a very dramatic music soundtrack. Stop-motion animation adds to the overall effect of this very deliberate anachronism.

I saw the movie on the big screen, loved it and bought a copy on the way out of the door. It won several indie film awards. I also have another movie they did, The Whisperer in Darkness, but Cthulhu is my favorite.

This is selling for a whopping $162 on Amazon. Funnily enough, I lent it to someone I lost touch with a long time ago and only got it back recently. What a relief they didn't look up how much it's worth, huh?

There's also this 2002 release, which I'm pretty sure I bought at Kroger for less than $15, but is now priced at $75! Does that mean I've considered parting with it?

I have a Plain Archive release of Denis Villeneuve's 'Incendies', that is unopened and still in the shrink wrap. I'm too scared to open it. Full slip case and exclusive artwork. It's now out of print and they go for a chunk on eBay I think.