Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

This is utterly bizarre. Lynch would be jealous.
However, I genuinely hate this film. It’s purposefully deadpan like a cringeworthy joke by a creep.

Lord of the Flies, but with women, give me a break.

It’s not a bad show if we abstract ourselves from the forced feminism.

wanabe movie critique
"Ocean Eleven" is my choice for tonight.

Really not my type of thing, but want to go to the cinema and nothing else that I haven’t seen is on. Trying not to drink but looking at the drinks menu, so likely won’t last long.

Quite liked this, actually. Excels at its job of making one never want to marry into the aristocracy, if that’s what it set out to do - and I think it is.
I was disappointed. Kristen Stewart was good at mimicking Diana's poses, but not much else. The focus of the movie seemed much too short for a story that went on with so much publicity for a bunch of years, hardly scratched the surface of the celebrity adoration and didn't get close to dealing with just how dysfunctional the family was/is. If you didn't know what had happened, you'd think the "before times" was short. If you didn't already know what followed, you wouldn't even know how the real story ended. All you'd know is that she was unhappy in her royal role.

I was disappointed. Kristen Stewart was good at mimicking Diana's poses, but not much else. The focus of the movie seemed much too short for a story that went on with so much publicity for a bunch of years, hardly scratched the surface of the celebrity adoration and didn't get close to dealing with just how dysfunctional the family was/is. If you didn't know what had happened, you'd think the "before times" was short. If you didn't already know what followed, you wouldn't even know how the real story ended. All you'd know is that she was unhappy in her royal role.
I don’t disagree. It’s no Coppola, but I do think on a surface level it portrays her anxiety well. A particular anxiety to do with marrying into anything that considers itself bigger than you. Anyway, I took it to be a kind of psychodrama about marriage and felt that the fact it doesn’t end with/reference her death is rather refreshing. What particularly stands out is Charles’ quote about bees working hard to bring her breakfast (the real thing, apparently). But no, I’m not planning to rewatch it.