The State of Netflix

Tools    

For some reason Netflix has become really frugal with new films, no?

I really don't know how to rate Netflix, i can't honestly rate them any worse than the other streaming services because a lot of their stuff is mediocre as well, but i definetly agree that it's hard at times on Netflix to find decent content. I also really despise how they removed the fact that you could write your own reviews of their content, with the totally lame excuse that "it wasn't used that much". Now, it's all just the boilerplate algorithmic "thumbs up finger" vs. "thumbs down finger".

タイムコップ Timecop
I quitted streaming services in general. Usually, when I watch something on Netflix, is when I'm with my mom and she choose something. I prefer buying digital copies or blu-rays or rent a digital.

To be honest, I believe Netflix is terrible.

To be honest, I believe Netflix is terrible.

It is. It's like a cleverly disguised Walmart bargain bin.

I personally think Pluto TV is better that Netflix, however, it has so far failed in terms of reliability with my smart phone which i use for chomecasting. It has something to do with the programming, because i can sit here and watch Pluto TV on my desktop...yet my desktop is more designed for an office/gaming type of ordeal, so i can't really use it in the same way i can with netflix.

There are some things on Netflix that are golden, and there are some that are mediocre but are entertaining enough for me to get addicted to it...for example, i love watching "into the night" even though the script writing is very questionable. The concept of running from the sun is just sooo fun in my book. It's way better than "Manifest", one of those things not worth watching in my opinion.

If Netflix weren't removing so much good old stuff due to copyright reasons, then i would say they are a good streaming service overall...but i guess with $8.99 a month there's going to be some very frustrating aspects for the consumer.

The trick is not minding
Tubi and Amazon are my go to, but thatís because of the quality of older films available. I can go to Tubi right now and see about 7 films from Fritz Lang, a film from De Sica, 1 from Visconti, about 5 from Bunuel (Amazon also has a few of his streaming), 2 from Rohmer, and so on. *

Amazon has about 4 films Iíve watched from Satyajit Ray this past year alone, with a 5th available yet. I can quite often catch Truffaut streaming on Amazon as well. *

Need to look closer at Pluto, yet.*

Regardless, the above mentioned are clearly better in terms of what they have to offer, over Netflix.

Tubi and Amazon are my go to, but thatís because of the quality of older films available. I can go to Tubi right now and see about 7 films from Fritz Lang, a film from De Sica, 1 from Visconti, about 5 from Bunuel (Amazon also has a few of his streaming), 2 from Rohmer, and so on. *

Amazon has about 4 films Iíve watched from Satyajit Ray this past year alone, with a 5th available yet. I can quite often catch Truffaut streaming on Amazon as well. *

Need to look closer at Pluto, yet.*

Regardless, the above mentioned are clearly better in terms of what they have to offer, over Netflix.
I do think tubi is pretty good overall.

maybe netflix is on its way out at this point, i actually decided to cancel it again because it's chromecast isn't very well programmed...you can knock VHS and DVD all you want, but rewinding and pausing are incredibly easy compared to anything computer based.

EDIT: I just sat down and tried watching the rest of the episode of a documentary on netflix, and it brought me back to the beginning the episode, the same problem i had before...it must take an awfully dedicated fan or desperate person to continue paying for this. Hopefully, they won't bill me again.