Let's give the moderators a round of applause

Tools    

Hello again, MoFos.

As some of you know, we're obsessive about keeping this board free of obnoxious spam. So much so that Sedai and I joke about who can get to it faster.

Well, in the spirit of this zealous spam hatred, I've actually thrown together a little script to help me track how quickly we've gotten rid of it. I'm still tweaking it in regards to calculating averages and the like, but one thing I noticed while perusing some of the results is just how fantastic our mods have been. You don't need numbers to see that this is one of the cleanest, most spam-free forums on the Internet...but we've got some to prove that, anyway.

Now, because this only includes threads moved off the boards, mods like Sir Toose and OG- are under-represented. So don't think you're not appreciated by not being listed below, guys!

Anyway, I thought I'd share some of the "high scores" in spam removal speed, to illustrate how dedicated they've been:

Caitlyn's Top Four Fastest Removals:
  • 35 seconds
  • 42 seconds
  • 47 seconds
  • 49 seconds
Sedai's Top Four Fastest Removals:
  • 30 seconds
  • 33 seconds
  • 58 seconds
  • 1 minute, 2 seconds
Ðèstîñy Top Four Fastest Removals:
  • 19 seconds
  • 24 seconds
  • 24 seconds
  • 24 seconds
Loner's Top Four Fast Removals
  • 31 seconds
  • 47 seconds
  • 54 seconds
  • 1 minute, 33 seconds
  • 1 minute, 48 seconds
Awesome, eh? Thanks so much, guys, for all your hard work. And thanks to the other mods, too, who edit posts, close threads, and move threads to more appropriate forums -- things that are just as helpful, but don't show up in this particular measure.

I don't think I even have one removal.

I think my talents lie more toward troll intimidation

I did get one guy this weekend... but ... uhhh your mom had to tell me about him.

Great job guys!

I am half agony, half hope.
Kudos, Mods, for a job well done.

Johann von Goethe

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
From somebody who zaps SPAM at another site, I appreciate everyone's efforts here. Thank You.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I used to mod a chatroom so know what a thankless job this sometimes can be. Still, the feeling of innate power makes up for it, eh?

Have a drink on me!

Ermmmm...but maybe not this one.

**Mod Edit**

Put me in your pocket...

Congrats Caity and Sedai.
We appreciate all of the time and effort you have put into MoFo. Your efforts not only keep the place clean, but it also helps keep this a friendly place. And in turn, helps attract other nice members to join.

As some of you know, we're obsessive about keeping this board free of obnoxious spam. So much so that Sedai and I joke about who can get to it faster.
No statistics on which mod has removed the most spam?

I think my talents lie more toward troll intimidation
Annnnd you're such a nice talent to have around MoFo. Dun't you be think'n of goin' no where mister. We need you here.

UPDATE: Cait zapped a thread in 3 minutes, 55 seconds this morning, and when the spammer tried to post it again, she got rid of the second one in just 42 seconds. Huzzah, Caity.

HUZZAH!!!! to the mods

Founding member of the Divide by Zero Foundation.

There's too much blood in my caffeine system!!

A system of cells interlinked
Awwwww shucks... Thanks guys!

Now...

you are all banned!

Muahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh, Dang!

man, disembodied clapping hands are the creepiest! especially without sound.

those numbers are impressive. 42 seconds... that's some quick justice.

No statistics on which mod has removed the most spam?
Heh; nah. I've been here the whole time, so it's probably me. But I get enough praise from you guys for the geeky features, so I thought it was time the mods got some more of that.