Movies You Wished You Lived In

Tools    

The Birds

I always wondered what it would feel like to get attacked by birds. Sounds like it could be fun for a couple hours. No longer than that though.

Let's see, I remember when my dad came home from World War II, just like the guys in The Best Years of Our Lives. I grew up in East Texas where segregation was every bit as hard-nosed as it was hinted in The Heat of the Night. Later lived in West Texas just a few miles from where they shot Giant. Was a Rebel Without a Cause in a high school that at times could be every bit as rough as Blackboard Jungle. Got through basic training with drill instructors who could have given Jack Webb lessons in being a hard-ass as in The DI (ditto the Marine Gunny in Full Metal Jacket). Learned more about cover and concealment and movement under fire than Tom Hank's ill-fated squad in Saving Private Ryan. Was a medic in a medical unit that was just like MASH without the humor. Was stationed at Fort Riley, Kansas, home of the Big Red One when that unit geared up for a possible nuclear war during the Cuban crisis, as in Thirteen Days. Later was stationed in Germany just like Elvis (but without his money and connections) in GI Blues. Lived through all of the BS conspiracy theories of JFK. Worked the police beat as a newspaper reporter just like in all the versions of Front Page, including His Girl Friday. Used all but one of the reporter's tricks performed by Redford and Hoffman in All the President's Men. Covered Nixon during his stop in Houston on his last swing through Texas before he resigned as president. Covered Gerald Ford when he campaigned in Houston to get elected president. Knew the real Red Adair and saw him and others extinguish real blowouts instead of the phoneys in The Hellfighters. Have hung out with rodeo riders like those in 8 Seconds and have flown with the Confederate Air Force in WWII aircraft, including some used in filming Tora, Tora, Tora. Swung up through the nose entry on a B-17 just like Gregory Peck in Twelve O'clock High. Love country music and was an Urban Cowboy hanging out at Gilley's back before the film made it a tourist attraction.
So what movie would I like to "live in"? Oh, I dunno--The Purple Rose of Cairo? No, somebody has already done that . . .

I would like to live in the Minority Report filmic world because of the advanced technology and the lack of crime. But only without all that conspiracy crap.

Harry Potter

not going to school til age 11, no math,social,english,etc.
able to do magic...

For me I want to be in Lord of the Ring world because I want to kick Golum ass and be in the battle field....I want to meet other creature to especially the hobbits...

Welcome to the human race...
Another good answer I've thought up would be Richard Linklater's Dazed and Confused:

Enemies are so stimulating.
Id like it live in the world of sky high...but only if i had a good super power. i wouldnt wanna be a sidekick (sorry i mean hero support).

back to the future would be cool, id like to have a time machine car. although i think visiting myself in the future could be quite distressing.

My Neighbor Totoro so i could fall asleep on totoro's belly

jurassic park because it would be cool to see a dinosaur, even if it was running at you with its mouth wide open and a deafening roar rattling right through to your very core shaking you with fear and leaving you psychologically scarred for life.
I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!

Harry Potter

not going to school til age 11, no math,social,english,etc.
able to do magic...
I couldn't agree more....One thing that I truly wanted to do, MAGIC!!..

The Worlds Of Gladiator , Spartacus And Ben Hur, The Worlds Of The Last Of The Moxicans, The Black Robe and Dances With Wolves, The World Of Legends Of The Fall, Gone With the Wind and The World Of Doctor Zhivago

Les Miserables. I want to experience how to live life at its humblest, being the poorest of the poor. I wonder how long will I survive and if I can bear all the pain the characters have experienced.

The Worlds Of Gladiator , Spartacus And Ben Hur, The Worlds Of The Last Of The Moxicans, The Black Robe and Dances With Wolves, The World Of Legends Of The Fall, Gone With the Wind and The World Of Doctor Zhivago
Do you really want die that bad!!!...

Welcome to the human race...
Another good one...living in the Highlander universe would be interesting.

But only if you turned out to be immortal. Otherwise - meh.

Harry Potter

I just like the school...the grounds so big...so many things to explore

Female assassin extraordinaire.
lord of the rings (as a mighty warrior or mage type)
harry potter (magic!)
underworld (as a vampire or werewolf hybrid)
matrix (as a blessed neo god)
chronicles of riddick (as some bad@ss fellow rare member of riddick's race)
Star Trek: The Next Generation (as whatever Q's race is)
Heroes (hey, it'll be a movie eventually - as one of the "all powers" folks)

and occasionally i get the urge to be in movies like

Elizabeth (as Elizabeth)
La Reine Margot (comme la reine margot)
Memoirs of a Geisha (as the protagonist)
etc. grand sweeping romantic period piece epic type thingies....

I am half agony, half hope.
I'd like to live in a small town like Bedford Falls, from It's a Wonderful Life. I wouldn't mind being Mary, she's so optimistic and hopeful.
Small towns are a blessing and a curse, but more of the former than the latter, I think.

I'd also like to live as Stephane from The Science of Sleep for a bit, because his dreams are interesting.

I'd love to live in Enchanted April's locale for a month or two, so quiet all day. No phones, yelling kids, carpools, etc. Bliss!

Johann von Goethe