Your thoughts form your reality.

Tools    

i sometimes see things situations where i'm with a person i have not met yet, doing something i don't foresee doing. ages later, i'll be in the moment and look around and realize i am doing exactly what i saw i'd do, with the person i hadn't met at the time, but who is real and next to me now. generally when i "foresee" the person, i don't see their face, but i know who they are - a friend, a coworker, who "feels" a certain way to me. so that when it really happens, they "feel" the same way and i know it is THAT person and it is THAT moment, coming true.
You better ask someone if you were born under the caul.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
You better ask someone if you were born under the caul.
what does that MEAN?!

Lost in never never land
I haven't had a chance to read this whole thread, but I would say that reality is fixed, however, ones perception of reality is formed by ones thoughts. For example, in the movie The Number 23, Jim Carrey's character finds the number 23 in everything. In reality that was there prior to his finding it, but he didn't perceive it to be there, or twist it so that it was obviously there.

In the same way I, for example, can perceive a song that someone might see as a happy song as a song that depresses me, and in reality it might be happy song, but because of how I think, or because of what I think about, I perceive it as depressing.

The interesting thing comes in as to what reality actually is. Because I perceive it one way, can I actually know, at any point in time, what reality is in its truest form, or are my perceptions/thoughts always going to cloud how I view reality.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

A system of cells interlinked
I believe our thoughts help form our perception of reality, but, it seems silly to me that the material world that surrounds us is actually created by our thoughts.

Originally Posted by thmilin
what does that MEAN?!
Depends on who you talk to Born under the caul means that a baby is born with the placenta over it's head. In old european legend it meant that the baby would always be supernaturally protected from drowning. There was a trade in cauls at one time, when sea travel was at its peak. People believed that a piece of a caul would serve as a talisman that would protect a ship from sinking. In Scotland being born under a caul had a different connotation. It meant that the baby would grow up with psychic ability. Here in the deep Souf in America it also has that same connotation.

the space time continuum exists, friends, realities exist, with or without our knowledge or understanding of them. they exist whether or not we want them to. they'll go on existing after we're long dead or forget about them. the world is, but that doesn't mean there aren't more WORLDS that ARE.
I've always suspected that time itself is far different than our interpretation of it. We live in a finite space, yesterday doesn't exist and tomorrow is only a maybe (probable, bu maybe). It's because of this that we see time as linear, like our school day timelines, with a beginning and an end. Our minds are capable of seeing time a bit differently. Persistent memory has a way of reversing time, at least briefly and in our own reality and our imagination can cycle us through probabilities of what will happen tomorrow. We see it as solid reality but yesterday only exists because you and I remember it, tomorrow only exists because we think it's probable that it will.

6 months later i'm in my first apartment after graduating. i wake up one morning, and open my eyes. everything around me is exactly as i saw it when i woke up in my dorm room 6 months prior.
Was that your first premonition?

i think our consciousness is indeed connected. i think the world is greater than all of us and sees what we want and sometimes is influenced by our thoughts and desires. i also know that the world being greater than all of us, sometimes it has designs beyond us, and sometimes they coincidentally touch and bind us.
QFT (Quoted For Truth)

Originally Posted by Sedai
I believe our thoughts help form our perception of reality, but, it seems silly to me that the material world that surrounds us is actually created by our thoughts.
I don't want to bore you with my diatribe about this so I'll be brief. I personally believe in a creator and I believe that creator made us (humans) roughly like him/her self. I believe this creator can easily manipulate universal building materials to create whatever he/she wants to create (create the world in seven days, like that). I believe this creator instilled a similar ability in each of us that allows us, to a degree, to influence the universe to produce what we want from it. Perhaps, as thmilin said, we may have to have many people thinking along the same lines for it to work but I do believe that we have power to influence the universe. Everything that you see from your iPod to your car to your Corn Flakes was made with materials freely available here on earth and from nowhere else. "Man Made" is meaningless because it simply means that we've manipulated already available materials into our own fashion. It's still 'earth'. From science we know that everything is comprised of 117 base elements but, contrary to popular belief, we don't really know what those base elements are made of. No one has actually seen an atom though we think we know what it is by watching reactions and painting a picture in the negative. Uh oh, I'm not being brief and I'm rambling.

Remember the line from Titanic:
Thomas Andrews: "The idea was Mr. Ismay's. He envisioned a steamer so grand in scale, and so luxurious in its appointments that its supremacy would never be challenged. And here she is... *knock* willed into solid reality."
A guy has an idea, commits to it and is able to gather together everything necessary to complete the vision. Man has a dream, the universe moves to grant it. There are countless stories of people with dreams who face insurmountable odds yet they reach their dreams. Many will tell you they have no idea how it all came together... it just did.

Anyways, not trying to scientifically prove my case, it's just what *I* believe.

Born under the caul means that a baby is born with the placenta over it's head.
I was born that way. I remember being an unborn and reading the November 1983 issue of Vogue In Utero -- wearing placenta as a hat when you made your grand entrance into life was the "IN" thing at the time. So, as soon as I had my placenta hat fashioned together, I let mommy know I was ready to come out and pose for my first ever photo shoot with that hat on.

I'm on the January 1984 cover of Vogue In Utero, in fact. If you have one that isn't in too terrible of a condition, it's a collector's item.