DVDs owned but not watched

Tools    

I've just gone through my collection finding DVDs i haven't watched and i was shocked at how many there were. Here's my list, please add yours....

Seventh Seal
Kingdom of Heaven *
Raging Bull *
Passion of the Christ
Rear Window
Sunset Bvd *
Maltese Falcon **
Harvey
Amarcord
Breathless
A Scanner Darkly **
Dead Man **
New World
Coffee and Cigarettes *
Devil's Backbone **
Escape From LA **
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind **
Animal House **
Fearless *
Grease **
Groundhog Day **
In the Mood for Love *
Jaws **
Kagemusha
l'appartment *
Lost in Translation **
Syriana *
Psycho
Road to Perdition *
Taxi Driver **
Secretary **
War of the Worlds
(remake) **
The Thin Red Line
Tokyo Drifter
Godfather Part 3
Cape Fear
(original)
Men in Black **
Men in Black 2 **
Bad Education **
Talk to Me
All About My Mother
Live Flesh
Tie Me Up, Tie Me Down
Mo' Better Blues
Jungle Fever
Clockers
Crooklyn
School Daze
Get on the Bus **
Inside Man **
Once Upon a Time in China 3
Boiling Point

* seen half
** seen before

Gidiron Gang
panic room
let's go to prison
black dahlia
outlaw
kiss of death
day of wrath
countdown
android :apocalypse
matador
command force
city of fear
miss potter
Man to man
Rescue dawn
reign over me
fracture
vacancy

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Owned but never watched:
Alien Resurrection (seen half)
Whisper of the Heart

Owned, seen before (at cinema, on tv, on rental dvd) but never watched the actual dvd copy:
The rest of the Alien quadrilogy
Blade Runner (replacement of video copy)
8 Mile (bought cos it was cheap, have much better things to watch with my time)
Four Weddings and a Funeral (it's on tv every month or so anyway)
Gone With the Wind (likewise)
Inside I'm Dancing (why not? Good question)
Interview with the Vampire (seen it a zillion times, just not this copy)
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Leon
Pan's Labyrinth
Psycho
Spirited Away
The Terminator
(reason for all these: far too many new films to watch, or rather old films I haven't seen yet to be doing repeat viewings...)

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Own, have seen but never watched on DVD.

Jaws
The Godfather
Backdraft
Scream trilogy
Desperado

Suspect's Reviews

Female assassin extraordinaire.
i usually never buy movies just because i know i won't ever watch it. i own like, 5.

of the ones i own and have never watched since owning it:

memoirs of a geisha (saw it in theater)
the lovers (saw it before)
lake consequence (saw it before)

Only one I think i have to be in the right mood to watch it that time hasn't been yet

Rear Window
Psycho
You've got one hell of a double bill waiting for you in your DVD collection, Pyro.

As you probably know, these two are regarded amongst Hitchcock's very best, and I seriously urge you to watch these two as soon as you can.

And what made you only watch half of Raging Bull, Fearless and Sunset Blvd.? And how come you never caught up with them? Did you not like the half you saw? I sometimes stay up late to watch a DVD, and more often than not I'll fall asleep. But I always try and watch the rest while it's still fresh in my memory.

And did you watch any of Breathless in college?

You've got one hell of a double bill waiting for you in your DVD collection, Pyro.

As you probably know, these two are regarded amongst Hitchcock's very best, and I seriously urge you to watch these two as soon as you can.

And what made you only watch half of Raging Bull, Fearless and Sunset Blvd.? And how come you never caught up with them? Did you not like the half you saw? I sometimes stay up late to watch a DVD, and more often than not I'll fall asleep. But I always try and watch the rest while it's still fresh in my memory.

And did you watch any of Breathless in college?
I had Raging Bull recorded but last half didn't come out. Fearless and Sunset Blvd. started but then fell asleep and wasn't in mood to watch them next day, only really watched 5 minutes of the latter and thought was best to watch in full concentration.

Breathless is shown relentlessly at college and University, but never ever got round to catching, hell, even did a 2.1 essay on it last year. Got it out of guilt lol.

It's quite shameful some of the films i've not watched, tend to buy them in spur of the moment but never have time to watch them and then i'll buy some new dvds the next week that i'll watch instead of previous bundle i purchased. Vicious cycle.

I rarely buy...but here's what I own and have yet to watch

The Last Kiss
Running With Scissors

The People's Republic of Clogher
You can't see the poster? It is American History X if you can't see this image
If it's still in the cellophane I'd try taking it back to the store (any store) saying you've lost the receipt but could you swap this for a good film.

I've got a ton of unwatched DVDs but none that I've never seen. None that I can think of anyway - there might well be some bits of rubbish sitting in a drawer that have been bought to make up the deal in a '3 for 2' offer that I never wanted in the first place.

I am half agony, half hope.
We picked up a set of three westerns at Best Buy months ago that we haven't seen yet. One, The Magnificent Seven, we own on VHS and have seen, but the other two, Silverado, and The Professionals, we haven't seen before.

I also picked up The Black Swan that day and haven't watched that either. Maybe we'll view a few over the holiday weekend next week...

Johann von Goethe

Originally Posted by Mrs. Darcy
We picked up a set of three westerns at Best Buy months ago that we haven't seen yet. One, The Magnificent Seven, we own on VHS and have seen, but the other two, Silverado, and The Professionals, we haven't seen before.
Three good'uns. I like The Professionals the best of the three, but all are very good and very entertaining more action-oriented Westerns that even someone who's not a huge fan of the genre should enjoy.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A little Canadian apocalypse flick called Last Night
I've been putting off watching it for about three months or so, mainly because I'm sure it's going to leave me feeling suicidal.

It's actually in that rare class of pre-Apocalyptic stories (see also Miracle Mile). But Last Night is essentially a very sweet, funny and ultimately hopeful movie...even if it does conclude with the end of life on earth. Writer/director/star Don McKellar has a dark but also sweet sense of humor, often in the same scene. I love that movie, definitely schedule a viewing.

It's actually in that rare class of pre-Apocalyptic stories (see also Miracle Mile). But Last Night is essentially a very sweet, funny and ultimately hopeful movie...even if it does conclude with the end of life on earth. Writer/director/star Don McKellar has a dark but also sweet sense of humor, often in the same scene. I love that movie, definitely schedule a viewing.
Well, on your advice I did actually sit down and watch it this evening. Pretty intense 90 minutes, and moving stuff too. Even if I did spend 80% of it thinking more about what I'd do in that situation rather than paying attention. Sandra Oh was predictably excellent, and Cronenberg surprised me by being a downright decent actor. My only problem was with Patrick, he came off as a sort of Woody Allen caricature without the wit, or a sober Dylan Moran.

But, that minor complaint aside, it was a lovely movie. Now I just need to build up my resistance to Danny Dyer so I can make it all the way through Outlaw without gritting my teeth down to a fine dust.