Things You Just Found Out/Learned Recently?

Tools    

I found out that Albert Brooks and Bob Einstein were brothers after Einstein passed away.
Hi matt! I actually learned this fact when creating the thread below (about actors with alter egos). Bob Einstein is about 5 posts down!

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=61675

Another bit of trivia: actor, writer & comedian Albert Brooks was born with the same last name as his somewhat famous brother, Bob Einstein. But "Albert Einstein" changed his name when he entered showbiz for obvious reasons!

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Another bit of trivia: actor, writer & comedian Albert Brooks was born with the same last name as his somewhat famous brother, Bob Einstein. But "Albert Einstein" changed his name when he entered showbiz for obvious reasons!

There's quite a few stories like this that I probably didn't learn until this century... Warren Beatty and Shirley MacLaine being siblings. Martin Sheen, Charlie Sheen, but the one brother who doesn't look Hispanic is the one who keeps his name - Emilio Estevez

There's quite a few stories like this that I probably didn't learn until this century... Warren Beatty and Shirley MacLaine being siblings. Martin Sheen, Charlie Sheen, but the one brother who doesn't look Hispanic is the one who keeps his name - Emilio Estevez
I never knew Beatty & MacLaine were siblings (until now)!
I like Shirley, but never really cared for Warren!

I never knew Beatty & MacLaine were siblings (until now)!
I like Shirley, but never really cared for Warren!

I'm glad this thread has some usefulness!

There's so much to learn, so little time.

Posted this on another thread yesterday, but found out that Lucille Ball was 57-years-old when making Yours, Mine And Ours (1968).
This is only remarkable because Lucy has a baby at the end of the film, while in real-life she was a bit toward the outside edge of safe child-bearing years.

Posted this on another thread yesterday, but found out that Lucille Ball was 57-years-old when making Yours, Mine And Ours (1968).
This is only remarkable because Lucy has a baby at the end of the film, while in real-life she was a bit toward the outside edge of safe child-bearing years.
Very interesting. I have this on VHS, but haven't seen it in about 20 years.

Just found out recently - Doing an Ancestry search, going back to some way back Holy Roman Empire in-laws, one of them was a guy named Johann Conrad Dippel, who lived in the late 1600s - early 1700's. Dippel was an alchemist who attempted some reanimation experiments, as well as a vile concoction made from distilled bones that would extend human life to 135 years, or so he thought. That got him castigated by the church. He lived in a place known as Castle Frankenstein. Wanna connect those dots to a familiar classic movie?

Vin Diesel has a twin brother.
I just learned this from watching a SNL skit some MoFo posted on another thread right here on this site!
Since it was mentioned as part of a skit, I looked it up to confirm - it is true. His brother is a fraternal twin and his name is Paul Vincent.

Jerry Lewis showed up unannounced at the funeral of Dean Martin Jr. (who's Air Force plane crashed in 1987).

Lewis stood at in the back of the church through the service, and said nothing to anyone, only privately paying his respects.

Later, news that Lewis attended the funeral reached Dean Martin Sr. (Lewis' former showbusiness partner).

Touched by this, Martin called Lewis on the phone and they had a heart to heart talk. This was allegedly the first time they'd spoken privately or at length outside of any minor incidental meetings.

Their most famous but only momentary "reunion" occurred a decade earlier when Frank Sinatra arranged for Dean to show up at Jerry's Muscular Dystrophy Telethon in 1976.

Learned this from the documentary: Dean Martin: King of Cool that recently aired on TCM.

Jerry Lewis showed up unannounced at the funeral of Dean Martin Jr. (who's Air Force plane crashed in 1987).

Lewis stood at in the back of the church through the service, and said nothing to anyone, only privately paying his respects.

Later, news that Lewis attended the funeral reached Dean Martin Sr. (Lewis' former showbusiness partner).

Touched by this, Martin called Lewis on the phone and they had a heart to heart talk. This was allegedly the first time they'd spoken privately or at length outside of any minor incidental meetings.

Their most famous but only momentary "reunion" occurred a decade earlier when Frank Sinatra arranged for Dean to show up at Jerry's Muscular Dystrophy Telethon in 1976.

Learned this from the documentary: Dean Martin: King of Cool that recently aired on TCM.

I just saw this... Very good and very moving scenes!

Joan Allen is divorced from a guy who has a part in SuccessionHBO & one of the females in the show is married to Patrick Wilson.

Dustin Hoffman was in Star Wars (1977)!

Sorry - this is not true.
I only put it here because it was a gag featured on Seinfeld where a character made up a false piece of trivia so he'd intentionally lose a bet! (Something along the line that if his trivia assertion turned out to be false, then he'd have to buy a girl dinner - thus ensuring a date... I think.)

I found out that Albert Brooks and Bob Einstein were brothers after Einstein passed away.
They weren't brothers while Bob was still alive

Just trolling, but I think that's what it says

Victim of The Night
Boris Karloff turned down the lead role in Werewolf Of London six years before Lon Chaney Jr. gave us The Wolf Man.