What is the best movie you've seen in 2016 ?

→ in
Tools    

Please hold your applause till after the me.
I've only seen five good movies of 2016 so far...

5. Hail Caesar
4. Jungle Book
3. 10 Cloverfield Lane
2. Deadpool
1. Captain America: Civil War (my new favorite Marvel movie)

I still have yet to see the Nice Guys.

Whenever anyone mentions the 2015 Room by title alone, my first thought is always Tommy Wiseau's The Room. Maybe I should watch the new Room movie so my mind stops defaulting to the terrible one.

While I didn't like Civil War more than Winter Soldier, it definitely was one of the better movies so far this year. It was much much better than it's direct competition though. Deadpool is probably the other best movie this year by default. I haven't seen the Nice Guys yet, but will sometime this afternoon.

The problem is that so far this year has been sort of disappointing. 10 Cloverfield Lane was pretty good, but I wish they hadn't attached the Cloverfield title to it so that the ending might come as a surprise. The Hateful Eight (that was early this year right?) was very disappointing, and Hail, Caesar! was good, but not amazing (except Channing Tatum, he was amazing in it). I expected trash movies like Gods of Egypt and London Has Fallen to be so bad they were amusing, but instead they were just bad. Enough has been said about Batman v Superman on the internet so I won't add to it. The only movies that kind of surprised me were Keanu and The Huntsman, but only because I expected them to be much much worse than they were.

As far as 2016 releases go, The Nice Guys.

Movie I saw for the first time in 2016, Goodfellas.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
1. The Nice Guys
2. The Conjuring 2
3. Captain America: Civil War
4. 10 Cloverfield Lane
5. Zootopia
6. Deadpool
7. Star Trek: Beyond

Must be doin sumthin right
So far a lot of the movies that I was looking forward to this year like Midnight Special, The Nice Guys & The Neon Demon have been disappointing. My favorite of 2016 as of now is The Lobster. If that's considered a 2015 film then my runner up is The Witch. For stuff that's already come out which I still want to see, tops are probably Everybody Wants Some and the Brian De Palma documentary because I am a super fan. The worst I've seen so far this year is Deadpool which I didn't really hate, I've just skipped a bunch of bad-looking movies, so that's a very mild worst of the year

I really love Zero day xD

1. 10 Cloverfield Lane
2. The Conjuring 2
3. Star Wars: Feminism Awakens
4. London Has Fallen
5. X-men Apocalypse
6. The Shallows
7. Blair Witch
8. Independence Day 2

My top 10 so far:

1. Deadpool
2. Captain America: Civil War
3. Zootopia
4. Yoga Hosers
5. 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi
6. Magnificent Seven
7. Hail Caesar!
8. Sausage Party
9. The Jungle Book

I also saw Suicide Squad, but that movie was mediocre.

I will update the list when I see Sully and Deepwater Horizon.

Welcome to the human race...
Seeing as it's mid-October I might as well wait until the end of the year before posting a proper choice, but I will say that Hail, Caesar! is no longer my #1.

10 Deadpool
09 Batman VS Superman
08 Captain America Civil War
07 Magnificent Seven
06 Jungle Book
05 Suicide Squad
04 Star Trek Beyond.
03 Independence Day Insurgence
02 Zootopia
01 Star Wars The Force Awakens