Cole's 40 Favorite Mainstream Movies.

→ in
Tools    

I have to return some videotapes.
Keep in mind I am still a very big noob when it comes to watching and rating movies, so this list will probably be outdated in a couple months. I just want to post it so I can look back on it once I start to get deeper into films. It'll be filled with 10s/00s/90s movies, because those are the ones ive watched the most of.

This will start soon, I'm not sure if I can tonight. I will have some HMs before I do the list though.

NOTE: I put in a disclaimer in the title, so no one can dog me for not putting enough foreign films.

Just put the movies you want, f*ck everybody's opinion! You already went out your way with the title, I'm sure nobody is in doubt that this isn't a foreign arthouse list.

Anyways, looking forward to this!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
If you don't make an arthouse favourite films after this...

... it's alright.

Proceed with this one.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Just put the movies you want, f*ck everybody's opinion! You already went out your way with the title, I'm sure nobody is in doubt that this isn't a foreign arthouse list.

Anyways, looking forward to this!
Better to have a list that reflects you rather then what you think you should like to look smart.

I love Prisoners, saw it in theaters and was blown away by it. I actually prefer it over Gone Girl (which I thought was really good too) though many seem to prefer Gone Girl.

Excellent start!

I thought Prisoners was an above average flick. Good performances and excellent cinematography. It suffers from my favorite film criticism, third act problems.

I love Prisoners, saw it in theaters and was blown away by it. I actually prefer it over Gone Girl (which I thought was really good too) though many seem to prefer Gone Girl.

Excellent start!
I'm one of those people! . But I loved both movies.
I loved Prisoners, very much my type of movie.
Yeah the movie is so good and kept me at the edge of my seat. I think that Villeneuve nailed this.
Prisoners will be making its appearance in my own Top 100 soon. Excellent film.
Awesome! Glad to see it's liked around here, one of the bigger surprises for me. This was one of the first movies I watched after decided to get into movies.

I thought Prisoners was an above average flick. Good performances and excellent cinematography. It suffers from my favorite film criticism, third act problems.
Darn, what didn't you like about it? The ambiguous ending, or Jackman's actions?

Master of My Domain
So far, I only love Blazzing Saddles from your list. And it's way too low.

Looking forward to this.

Just want to clear this up, I will have movies before the 80s on the list. The only reason I put that it would be "filled with movies 90s/00s/10s on" is because that's what the list mostly consists of, but not that it only consists of.

Darn, what didn't you like about it? The ambiguous ending, or Jackman's actions?
Jackman's actions. I was actually fine with the very last scene.

Jackman's actions. I was actually fine with the very last scene.
I can definitely see where people are coming from with that, but I just have to disagree. Whatever gets my child back, I will do.