Cole's Film Reviews

→ in
Tools    

I have to return some videotapes.

Gone Girl

1st Watch -

2nd Watch -

3rd Watch (Tonight) -

Everything about this movie is so perfect to me. Ben Affleck's performance was amazing, the only movie that might have topped a performance by him would be The Town. Rosamund Pike deserved an oscar with the chilling role of Amy, the transformation was crazy. David Fincher is a genius, and it shows again. This might be close to my top 10, if not on there because I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. Highly recommended.

I didn't think Gone Girl was perfect or anything like that but I loved it. It's just my kind of movie.
I guess it just came down to me loving Fincher and always liking Affleck. What would you rate it?

best Ben Affleck film is "To The Wonder".. I think he has one line... he's not my favorite actor...

I've been watching quite a bit of movies lately and I feel like i'll do 3 movies in each post, 2 will just have ratings and one (probably the most popular) will have a review for it. You guys think I should do that, or stick to this?

I've been watching quite a bit of movies lately and I feel like i'll do 3 movies in each post, 2 will just have ratings and one (probably the most popular) will have a review for it. You guys think I should do that, or stick to this?
It can be tiring to do a lot of reviews and all, so I definitely wouldn't mind that. But if you want to, you could just do a single sentence or two for each film, and then as you say, one longer one. But it's all up to you.

Personally I, too, changed up my review thread recently. Though I have had time on my hands to do lengthy write-ups lately, I still intent to do smaller ones for those of which are not that interesting, and bigger ones for those I feel like.

It can be tiring to do a lot of reviews and all, so I definitely wouldn't mind that. But if you want to, you could just do a single sentence or two for each film, and then as you say, one longer one. But it's all up to you.

Personally I, too, changed up my review thread recently. Though I have had time on my hands to do lengthy write-ups lately, I still intent to do smaller ones for those of which are not that interesting, and bigger ones for those I feel like.
Thanks and I definitely am on the same boat with you about the small ones for boring movies, and bigger ones for movies I feel like.

Also,

Personally I, too, changed up my review thread recently.
The grammar nazi inside of me wants to bust a move

just kidding, I really appreciate the response. Thanks for checking in Meds, would you be interested sometime soon in a No Country for Old Men commentary? I have an urge to watch/commentate on it and figured you'd be the perfect person to ask

Next few movies will probably include The Game, Panic Room, and Benjamin Button to finish all of Finchers movies except The Girl WTDT.

Yeah of course I would be up for a NCFOM commentary some time.

Oh, and by the way, I don't see what's so bad about my grammar in that sentence... But hey, whatever.

I liked Gone Girl. Doubt I'll watch it again for a while though. Why not The Girl WTDT Cole? I didn't love it or anything, but I personally preferred it to The Game and Panic Room.

I dont know I have read about it, looks pretty weird. ill still end up watching it
Its honestly really straightforward, I could see getting that impression from reading about it, but its not weird at all IMO .

I saw Gone Girl at the cinema and I thought it was great, the whole audience was laughing at a lot of the stuff in it and I thought of it as a really effective dark comedy. Saw it again at home and I still thought it was really good, even if it had lost a bit of its initial impact value for me.