2015. What are your most anticipated movies?

Tools    

Well it's Xmas eve. Almost time for the start of a new year. Which begs the question, what movies are you looking forward to in 2015? I always love these list. Of course there are always going be smaller flicks that come out that surprise me. But with the info I have now I like to make a list and at the end of the year see if I was right or wrong in anticipating them.

I had some duds in my list last year. Transcendence. Monuments Men (meh it was ok). TMNT (which I still haven't seen, I don't want my childhood tarnished). Hell my favorite movie of the year Guardians of the Galaxy was on my honorable mentions. But I digress. I present my most anticipated of 2015.

10.)Silence- It's Scorsese. So of course it's on my and everyone else's radar. I find religion fascinating so adds a bit more to it.

9.) Tomorrowland- Brad Bird the director has a pretty good track record. The Trailer intrigued me. Plus my man Clooney is involved.

8.) Crimson Peak- Del-Toro movie about a haunted house with Chaistin. Even if the movie sucks the visuals will be imaginative as always. I think it will be pretty good thou.

7.) Jurassic World- Jurassic Park is one of my favorite movies from my childhood. The two follow ups were ehh. But with Chris Pratt in tow this could be at least entertaining.

6.) Inside Out-Pixar's last couple movies Brave and Cars 2 haven't been up to the standard Pixar is use too. I think they return with this one. The last trailer they put out was phenomenal.

5.) Jane Got A Gun- This was actually on my list last year. It has been through production hell. But it was a blacklist script so at least you know the script is good. The premise intrigues me a badass chick in a western. Love Portman, wish Cooper would have stayed on. And the director did Warrior an underrated flick. Could be a dud but I can't help but want to see it.

4.) Untitled JGL Xmas Movie- This one teams up Rogen and JGL again from 50/50, one of my favorite movies form a few years back. It also brings the director along with them. Not too mention Anthony Mackie as well. Anything JGL attaches himself too has a chance.

3.)Joy & The Walk- Ok I am going cheat sue me. I was running out of spots. First Joy excites me because it's David O' Russell teaming up with Jennifer Lawrence. They made one of my favorite movies of the decade in SLP. He seems to get the best out of her. I also look forward to anything JLaw is in.
Second The Walk. JGL again with Robert Zemeicks. RZ has made some of my favorite movies and I look forward to anything JGL is in. I am hoping with these two movies JLaw and JGL get Oscar love. It would be a dream too see them take home best actor and actress. I just really want to see JGL at least get nominated. Now if I can just get those two in a movie together.

2.) The Hateful Eight- Anything Tarantino directs is going be anticipated for me. The man is an incredible talent. His characters are always memorable as is his dialogue. Seems like he will flex that here.

1.) Avengers: Age of Ultron- I was very ho hum in the lead up to the first Avengers. I thought it would be a big mess but it was anything but. Super fun. Marvel has earned my trust. And Ultron looks super bad-ass. The MCU has my full attention.

Honorable Mentions.
Ant-Man- If Edgar Wright was still directing probably would have made the cut. But it's Marvel and Paul Rudd. It has to be decent right?
Spectre-Come on. It's James Bond.
That's What I'm Talking About-A sequleish to Dazed and Confused? Hell yes.
Blackhat-Micheal Mann usually presents a solid effort.
Untitled Spielberg- It's Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks in a Cold War Thriller. Sounds good to me.
The Revenant- Not sure what it's about but it's Leo with a red hot director coming off Birdman (which I really really want to see)
The Good Dinosaur- It's an original Pixar which always has my attention. Not as sure about this one as I am with Inside Out. Change of directors and a push back date worry me. We shall see.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

MI:5 with christopher mcquarrie directing should be a great spectacle

The Wedding Ringer because I recently became a fan of kevin hart. He was fantastic in Ride Along, a mediocre movie but his performance made it memorable.

I don't go to the cinema so I still have a few that I consider coming out in 2015 via a home release.

John Wick

Birdman

I was going to jump on this thread and shout Suicide Squad !!!! but it's not due untill 2016.

I really want to see these flicks however...

John Wick
Jurassic World
Avengers
Mad Max
Tomorrowland
Star Wars

I know I know, I'm a sheep. Can we not talk about that?

The Assasin by Hou Hsiao-Hsien

Cemetery of Kings by Apichatpong Weerasethakul

Knight of Cups by Terrence Malick

Louder Than Bombs by Joachim Trier

The Seduction of Ingmar Bergman by Guy Maddin

At the Manor by Cristi Puiu

Babi Yar by Sergei Loznitsa

Hubris by Olivier Assayas

Dark Matter by Andrzej Zulawski

Rough cut of my list. Need to do some more.
  1. Silence (Martin Scorsese)
  2. The Hateful Eight (Quentin Tarantino)
  3. The Revenant (Alejandro González Ińárritu)
  4. Inside Out (Pete Docter)
  5. Knight of Cups (Terrence Malick)
  6. Spectre (Sam Mendes)
  7. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II: The Green Legend (Yuen Woo-ping)
  8. Midnight Special (Jeff Nichols)
  9. '71 (Yann Demange)
  10. Demolition (Jean-Marc Vallée)

1. insidious chapter 3

2. star wars the force awakens

3. victor frankenstein

4. pan

5. midnight special

wanabe movie critique
STAR WARS!!!!

I do wanna see American Sniper.

Also Hateful Eight—will be interesting to see Tarantino do another western.

Haven't looked too much into any other upcoming films.

Sinister 2 !!!!!!!!!!!

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Testament of Youth
Jupiter Ascending
Black Mass
Carol
The Ferryman
High Rise
Mr Holmes
The Revenant
Suffragette
Z for Zachariah

Movies I am legit excited for.

1. The Avengers: Age of Ultron (a sequel to a top 15 movie for me).
2. Silence (It is Scorsese and a film about faith. I am interested to see it).
3. Star Wars: Episode VII (Thought this would suck, but the trailer got me excited. Hope I am not wrong)
4. Mad Max: Fury Road (See Star Wars)

Movies I want to see the trailer for, but will most likely see.

Ant-Man
Jurassic World
Ted 2
Hunger Games 2

I was never as deep into Star Wars as a lot of others, so I'm not particularly excited for it, but I understand the anticipation because I am that deep into the Marvel universe, which is why Age of Ultron is probably my answer. But I saw Interstellar last night and it's pushed my anticipation towards non-comic-book movies, like The Martian, Crimson Peak, Spectre, The Hateful Eight, maybe Mad Max. It reminded me there are things that Marvel movies can't do and are unlikely to do in the near future. The one comic-book movie I will mention is Fantastic Four. It's equal parts anticipation and apprehension, but knowing so little about it puts my imagination to work which puts it high on my list.

Some 2015 films (going by IMDb standards) that I'm lookin forward to a lot:

Silence - It seems like Scorsese will finally be directing his passion project. Of course it will be fantastic!

That's What I'm Talking About - Linklater making a film about college life? Hell yeah, count me in!

The Sea of Trees - The story looks interesting and Van Sant will be directing. Also, a McConaughey film is always something to be excited about these days.

The Lost City of Z - I'm not the biggest fan of Benedict Cumberbatch (yet), but I love James Gray, so I'm still looking forward to this one a lot. I also really like the premise.

Untitled Woody Allen Project - Phoenix in a Woody Allen film! Should be awesome if the film is a little more refined than Woody's latest, Magic in the Moonlight (which was OK but also largely unsatisfying).

The Trap - Harmony Korine directing Benecio Del Toro? Count me in!

The Revenant - Inarritu directing DiCaprio!

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

The Hateful Eight

La Giovinezza - Paolo Sorrentino.

Knight of Cups

Blackhat-Micheal Mann usually presents a solid effort.
This already went down drain!

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
If I had to pick one, it would be Fury Road. Star Wars (bc of Abrams) and Ultron to me are known quantities. I am sure there are other movies out there that I haven't heard of yet. (Didn't Ryan Gosling make a movie? )

Fury Road with all its potential and the re-shoots and delays, has a chance to be a big mess or a big deal.

Here's some I'm looking forward to this year.

Definitely seeing

The Age of Adaline
Bajrangi Bhaijaan
Ricki and the Flash
Love and Mercy
The Hateful Eight
Diary of a Chambermaid
Lost and Love
The Walk
Chorus
Triple Nine
St. James Place
Prem Ratan Dhan Payo
Little Boy
Fifty Shades of Grey
Joy
The Lazarus Effect
The Finest Hours
The Martian
The Amina Profile
Dynasty Woman
The Revenant
Child 44
Far from the Madding Crowd
Somewhere Only We Know
Black Mass
Spectre
In the Heart of the Sea
Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Might check it out

McFarland, USA
Jane Got a Gun
Jurassic World
The Dressmaker
Minions
Southpaw
The Peanuts Movie
Kidnap
Everest
Paper Planes
Pixels
Criminal
Regression
Ted 2
Terminator Genisys
Poltergeist

Nothing till now.

Will keep track of this month to month. Especially during the next Oscars when info is more readily available. Anticipating anything till September barring a a few animated movies is a disappointment.

Lord High Filmquisitor
2015 is burting at the seems with movies that I desperately want to see. This isn't even counting he prestige films from later in the year, whose interest will start to come out in the fall.

1) Avengers: Age of Ultron
2) Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens
3) Spectre
4) Sinister 2
5) Ant-Man
6) The Lazarus Effect
7) Tomorrowland
8) The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2
9) Jurassic Word
10) Terminator Genysis

Honorable Mentions:
11) Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection of F (only an honorable mention because I'm sure that it won't hit stateside until 2016)
12) Justice League: Throne of Atlantis
13) Ted 2
14) Victor Frankenstein
15) Insidious: Chapter 3

1001 Nights
A Bigger Splash
American Ultra
Avengers: Age Of Ultron
Carol
Chappie
Crimson Peak
Freeheld