Another Decade goes by

Tools    

I didn't know where to post this thread as I wanted to talk about movies and other things that occur through the last 10 years so Yoda feel free to put it wherever you want.

Its so weird another decade past a lot of things happened through the past 10 years we saw many good and bad movies even though Hollywood is almost depleted from ideas,they are still trying and lately we see more visual appeal with special effects rather than a story.I believe Avatar was a great way to end the decade as it just marked a new revolutionary way of special effects that will probably be put to good use in the following 10 years

In the past decade we lost many great actors and actresses but that is how life is unfair sometimes but we will still remember them trough their remarkable movies and the memorable performance they gave.

But we shouldn't grieve that much as we saw the rise of many young and not so young actors and actresses that are worthy to take their place

For the past 10 years we suffered from the so called war on terrorism and we thought that we prevailed but we were wrong as we all know what happened last week thank God it was prevented (whew)

We reached great technological developments for starters the cell phones are getting smaller and smaller and have the same specifications that your computer from five years ago had actually every technology is getting smaller some day they might all disappear games have significantly better graphics

Actually I don't know what am I talking about in this thread but you get the Idea so feel free to discuss what you liked about the past decade whether it's about movies events technology problems whatever you want

Happy New Decade Everybody

I'd like to wish you a happy New Year.

Happy New Year, everybody!!

I'm not sure that this was the best decade for movies, but there were some exceptions that I saw, in no particular order:

Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill

Ponyo

Up

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Billy The Kid

Munich

One Day in September

The Greening of Southie

Monument Avenue

Southie

The Good Shepherd

The Departed

Zodiac

Gran Torino

Fantasia 2000 (not as good as the original Fantasia, but it was OK)

Mystic River

Gone Baby Gone

Shrek III

Spiderman I and Spiderman II

Bader-Meinhof Complex

No Country For Old Men

There Will Be Blood

The Dark Knight

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
I didn't see alot of movies of any specific genre for this decade, but this is my overall Top 10:

10. Elf
A new Christmas classic for all the children to enjoy, and the adults. Loads of laughs and quotable lines.
9. Bourne Series

Jason Bourne is coolest spy since Bond, and this trilogy gets better as it goes along. High action with an exciting story.
8. Mean Girls

One of the best stories about high school ever written.
7. The Pursuit of Happyness

Compelling drama driven by Will Smith, giving a terrific performance. Shows that even when times are at the worst, things have to get better.
6. School of Rock

Uproaring comedy that I've watched many times. A little goofy but in a good way.
5. Hoodwinked

An animated movie that suits both kids and adults. An excellent voice cast, hilarious script, and even an interesting who-dun-it.
4. Walk the Line

The fascinating story of country legend Johnny Cash. Phoenix and Witherspoon have amazing chemistry as they provide a modern classic with a fabulous musical score.
3. Secondhand Lions

An old-fashioned adventure tale with Duvall, Caine, and Osment being the fantasic three male leads.
2. Unbreakable

M. Night's fascinating story portrayed beautifully by Jackson and Willis.
1. Ocean Series

An all-star cast gives us an overall great movie and one of my favorite heists.

until now i still love the movie nemo.. its fun, full of adventures, family oriented and it shows how dad took care of his little boy.