Trailer Music

Tools    

Ok awkward thread,but you know how for the trailers they pick the greatest songs ever or if not the greatest at least it suits the trailer well.And what bugs me is that sometimes I don't know the songs but based on the Law of Attraction these songs always find me sooner or later in the most strangest ways.So what I want in this thread to happen is let us post favorite trailers with awesome scores,songs and if you have questions like which is the song from the trailer we can help each other find it. Hope this thread works out

Anyway I'll start with some recent dicoveries that I made like 10 minutes ago:

Terminator Salvation-Nine Inch Nails-The Day The World went away(how convinient )

Watchmen Trailer 1-Smashing Pumpkins-The beginning is the end is the beginning

Watchmen Trailer 2-Muse-Take A Bow

300-Nine Inch nails-Just like you imagined

&feature=related

Iron Man Trailer 2

AC/DC- Back In Black
Curve-Hell above water(that one is from the first trailer but you can hear it here as wel)
Audioslave-Cochise
and one other song I'm not sure if it's made for the trailer or not it plays between 0:48 till 1:16 so I need help here

Hellboy:The Golden Army-Rammstein-Mein Herz Brent(great song btw)

I can keep up,but I'll leave you with those for now to see how the thread works

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
The Italian Job 2003

Puppet master

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
The Italian Job 2003

Puppet master

Are you asking for the music behind it or what??
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Cool thread... you've already posted a few of my picks B-C...

This one is not a recent discovery, by any means, but it was what helped me discover Loreena McKennit...

Ever After (1998)...
The Mummer's Dance ~ Loreena McKennit
&
Fable ~ Robert Miles

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I also like the music in this trailer. I've heard it in a few others, but I don't know what it's called.

Screaming Shaman - Pfeifer Broz. Music
Dream Rise - Simone Benyacar
Percussive Assault - Pfeifer Broz. Music
Reverse Suck - Simone Benyacar
Enchanted Portal - Brand X Music
Epic Score: Swordmaker's Dungeon - APM Music/Gabriel Shadid & Tobias Marberger
Requiem for Potter 4 No Rise - Simone Benyacar
Transition Rise - Simone Benyacar
Divine Crusade- X-Ray Dog
DNA Reaction - Pfeifer Broz. Music
Live Rise 2 - Simone Benyacar
Hand Hit - Simone Benyacar
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001) - John Williams
From The Abyss - Two Steps From Hell
Battle Cry (Drums) - X-Ray Dog
Miserere - X-Ray Dog

Source: Soundtracknet

M.I.A.'s song Paper Planes is a good example of sampling done right, here she mixes music from The Clash's Straight to Hell (the track) and Wrexx-N-Effect's Rump Shaker (the chorus). And apparently it had a huge boost in sales as a result of that trailer, as well it works perfectly for the movie (although it wasn't in it).
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I’ve never paid much attention to movie trailers nor do I know much about the pop music of today, but you can’t talk about music in films without mentioning John Williams, who is lauded by some as “the biggest name in the history of movie music and probably the most widely-heard composer of the last 100 years." He began composing for television in the late 1950s, including the theme for Gilligan’s Island, moved to feature films in the 1960s and won in 1972 an Oscar for his orchestration of Fiddler on the Roof. Other Oscar-winning scores include Jaws (1975), E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982) and Schindler's List (1993). His other memorable scores come from the six Star Wars films and from Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) and the Indiana Jones sequels. He did the music for Superman (1978); Born on the Fourth of July (1989); Angela's Ashes (1999); and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001).

Williams’ work tends more toward the classical or at least orchestrated music rather than the popular, which connects with a press release I received today about an upcoming conference at Rice University's Shepherd School of Music here in Houston that will bring together distinguished scientists, composers, and musicians to discuss music's role in human cognition and behavior for the Exploring the Mind Through Music conference Mar. 27-29.

Organizer Anthony Brandt claims classical music offers insights into the mind, the limits of language, and the elusive connections between thought and feeling. His address will be how music with cyclic structure—a main idea repeating in its entirety either identically or with variations—creates a predictability ideal for social situations. On the other hand, he says, classical music features musical statements broken into smaller fragments and reassembled in new forms. That means the mind has to be active and diligent to process classical music. “Because of the cyclic nature of pop music, you are constantly at risk of tuning it out,” Brandt said. “Not so with classical music where your mind is hard at work. Because of its cognitive richness, I believe classical music is potentially a powerful resource for investigating the mind.”

That might also explain why Williams’ compositions and the work of other composers are used in the movies to enhance the emotion and meaning of movie scenes.

The Rock- Hans Zimmer-The Rock Theme

Black Hawk Down- Moby-Why Does My Heart feel so bad

The Bourne Ultimatum-The Crystal Method-Weapons of Mad Distortion

Fast and Furious(2009) Trailer 2 - Soulja boy-Crank That (Soulja boy)

Fast and Furious(2009) Trailer 1 - Does it offend you, Yeah-We are Rockstar

The Fast and the Furious:Tokyo Drift Trailer 1
N.E.R.D.-Rockstar(Jason Nevins Remix)
Toby Mac-The Slam

"Reign Over Me" movie trailer...song: "All These Things That I've Done" by The Killers--I think.

(Two more posts and I can start pasting youtube links!) yeah

Fast and Furious(2009) Trailer 2 - Soulja boy-Crank That (Soulja boy)

Fast and Furious(2009) Trailer 1 - Does it offend you, Yeah-We are Rockstar

The Fast and the Furious:Tokyo Drift Trailer 1
N.E.R.D.-Rockstar(Jason Nevins Remix)
Toby Mac-The Slam

Is there a reason why I can't see or hear any of these?

Is there a reason why I can't see or hear any of these?

Probably because you are in a different country I dont know if the videos are not working just copy paste the names in youtube and it will eventually come up

Probably because you are in a different country I dont know if the videos are not working just copy paste the names in youtube and it will eventually come up

Embedding code is disabled on the second video. I saw the others.