What movies you don't like to watch...

Tools    

Not as a genre but what the movie is all about.I personally hate submarine movies and movies about ships Like:Master and Commander,Crimson tide and a whole bunch of other flicks about that so what movies you don't like to watch?

Movie Forums Member
I hate sci fi movies like Star Trek. It bores me so much. I don't know what it is about that futuristic stuff but I just can't relate or at all imagine it.

As a kid, I hated Westerns (not anymore). Now, I tend to shy away from most Sci-Fi, except Star Wars (which is fantasy, probably having more in common with Harry Potter than Star Trek).

Of course, I hate romantic comedies, but you have to sit through them for the sake of your relationship.

I normaly steer clear of sports related movies especialy boxing movies, I can't stand them aside from Raging Bull but thats not so much a boxing a movie

I personally hate films like 'The Cell' that involve psychological confusion in the thoughts of one of the characters. You know, where eveything takes place in the mind yet may or may not be real. Just irriatates the hell outta me.

Originally Posted by Escape
I personally hate films like 'The Cell' that involve psychological confusion in the thoughts of one of the characters. You know, where eveything takes place in the mind yet may or may not be real. Just irriatates the hell outta me.
Couldn't agree with you more. They bug the heck out of me (mostly cos I need everything spelled out in plain black & white English-my poor brain can't handle that high-brow stuff at all lol)

movies with Tom Cruise (except for Top Gun, since Val Kilmer offsets the nutbag) or Ashton Kutcher

Horrorphiliac

Originally Posted by Escape
I'll echo that. With some exceptions, I'm sure, I feel like it's usually a bit of a cop-out. I just can't take "mental" events as seriously as actual events in film, especially when they're uber-stylized and drag on.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by sith_rising
As a kid, I hated Westerns (not anymore). Now, I tend to shy away from most Sci-Fi, except Star Wars (which is fantasy, probably having more in common with Harry Potter than Star Trek).

Of course, I hate romantic comedies, but you have to sit through them for the sake of your relationship.
I would say Star Trek is also Fantasy. Warp speed, many different aliens, phasers...vulcans... Not really sci-fi. I consider sci-fi to be an extrapolation of what could actually happen. Films like Contact, Blade Runner, Solaris....

Star Trek is straight up fantasy, I would think.

Anyhow.

I seem to dislike most half-assed comedy. Any has-been Saturday Night Live person, cashing in on some sometimes funny skit... Not a fan of that stuff, at all. Other than that, I will give most anything a shot.

I usually don't like war movies. They just don't float my boat, sometimes I'll find the rare exception. I also don't like the movies that are gross out humor like American Pie or Waiting or any recent National Lampoon movie.

I don't care for horror flicks. If I want to see horror I will turn on CNN or some other news station.

love peace and chicken grease
I don't like watching westerns,war movies and some romantic comedies.
By streams that never find the sea;
Over snow by winter sown,
And through the merry flowers of June,
Over grass and over stone,
And under mountains in the moon.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Originally Posted by Sedai
I would say Star Trek is also Fantasy. Warp speed, many different aliens, phasers...vulcans... Not really sci-fi. I consider sci-fi to be an extrapolation of what could actually happen. Films like Contact, Blade Runner, Solaris....

Star Trek is straight up fantasy, I would think.
Star Trek is seen as respopnsible for lots of technological advances. Yes sci fi is an exploration of what could happpen, its really 'what if?' phasers arent so ilogical, a beam of concentrated energy - laser much? even the old com devices later became flip cell phones. Star Trek changed the world.

Just like Sith_rising i didnt like westerns when i was aa kid but i can handle them now but sstill not a massive fan. A genre i really hate to watch is horror movies. The world is scary enough, i dont need a film magnifying it on a big screen with freekin surround sound

Originally Posted by raggman
Couldn't agree with you more. They bug the heck out of me (mostly cos I need everything spelled out in plain black & white English-my poor brain can't handle that high-brow stuff at all lol)
lol, actually it isnt the black and white that I always need and if yoda doesnt mind my using them being a cop out too I will. I just feel they can do anything they want with that type of movie as outrageous as it may be and just blame it all on the mind. They can make frosty the snowman do a moon walk on Luke Skywalkers head too with no logical explanation in the real physical sense except odd brain behaviour in a certain character of the film. That type of movie was ok after I saw my first few but it gets old fast and the more they add to that list, the more I'm repulsed by them.

Sports movies are always the same thing over and over. I can't stand them.

Also, crap comedies that aren't funny in the least bit like Road Trip or Rat Race.

Comedies, adventure and thrillers are always genres that attract enormous crowds to cinemas. Pesonally i prefer romantic comedies than anything eles. What are some genres of movies that people do not enjoy, especially for the teenageers and the youth crowd?

I don't care for horror movies. Anything with too much blood & gore doesn't set well with me. I'll admit that I'm a wuss & get scared too easy! Anime doesn't appeal to me either.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
i don't like slash and gore horror movies but i like horror thriller movies (the omen is good, texas chainsaw massacre isn't).

i hate anything awkward. so i avoided "meet the parents" and "borat" - i don't like watching the lead squirm because it makes me squirm and that's no fun.

i also generally hate war movies but then again, i'm always open. "glory" made me cry and moved me, and was about humans in a war. cold mountain referenced a war but wasn't really about war. "platoon" just didn't move me. maybe it's anything after WW1 i hate watching, i dunno, but i can generally take period war, especially if it's before 1800.

i avoid woody allen movies like the plague.

Movies I hate? Lemme see... Usually the annoying medival ones. I hate those.