Superman: Man of Steel

Tools    

It will be released in 2D, that is for certain. Had a gander at the trailers and took a liking to what was shown straight away, I really do hope that there will be a more realistic and modern feel in this reboot; I don't even mind if it gets compared to Nolan's Batman trilogy because I enjoyed them a lot, and, if there had to be any comparison, I'd rather the film be compared to those than to Superman Returns, because for me there was just not enough action in it and I'd be disappointed if Man of Steel turned out the same way.

Below are snippets from an exclusive interview with Zack Snyder and Henry Cavill, conducted by Reed Tucker from The New York Post, in November. Gives me hope that there's a chance this reboot will actually work out.

Cavill confirms he is signed up for three films.
Warner Bros. is reportedly plowing ahead with “Justice League,” a superteam movie featuring Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and others, rumored to hit in 2015. “I don’t know how ‘Justice League’ is going to be handled. Honestly, I don’t,” Snyder says. “But ‘The Man of Steel’ exists, and Superman is in it. I don’t know how you’d move forward without acknowledging that.”

Snyder is my fav director, and Nolan is my2nd fav...SO I am READY!!

About time, why did Bryan Singer had to use Lex Luthor in Superman Returns, this is the real deal, I am not saying that Luthor is a bad villain but when you want to see a Superman movie you expect super villain someone that can match Superman's power and throw a bus or a building at him, I want to see that and it is happening

I will trash talk Snyder up until the point I see this film and forever after if this film is terrible...

That said, that preview is the best thing to ever have Snyder's name attached to it followed closely by the trailer for Watchmen. The only hope I still have for this film is the fact that Nolan is attached to it, if even only in a producing/writing capacity.

Also, as someone who grew up in the bedroom seen below, I am obligated to see this film in the theater.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	nintendo.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	9745  

In the Beginning...
I will trash talk Snyder up until the point I see this film and forever after if this film is terrible...

That said, that preview is the best thing to ever have Snyder's name attached to it followed closely by the trailer for Watchmen. The only hope I still have for this film is the fact that Nolan is attached to it, if even only in a producing/writing capacity.

Also, as someone who grew up in the bedroom seen below, I am obligated to see this film in the theater.
Wow, tell us how you really feel.

I think Snyder is pretty naturally attentive to good art direction, and I like that that seems to be developing nicely with each new film. I don't think he's a particularly complete director yet, but I can see that he wants to be a great director and he tries to up the ante on the emotional side of filmmaking when he can. He's still a bit raw, though, and he doesn't quite know how to get the most out of his actors.

I thought 300 and Watchmen were about as good and faithful as they could have been, niggling issues aside. I didn't care for Sucker Punch at all: it was unexpectedly heavy and that didn't mesh well with the "supercool" action stuff. Weird film. I haven't seen Legends of the Guardians or Dawn of the Dead.

Like you, I'm a Superman fan, so I'm seeing this regardless. Do I think Snyder is the man for the job? I didn't at first, but I love the direction they've taken with the story and I'm a big Terrence Malick fan so I love the art direction and cinematography. I think there will still be something of a disconnect between the explosive action stuff and the emotional, artsy stuff (as Snyder's stuff kind of always has), but I'm hoping it'll still be a pretty nice film... and Snyder's best yet.

Wow, tell us how you really feel.

I think Snyder is pretty naturally attentive to good art direction, and I like that that seems to be developing nicely with each new film. I don't think he's a particularly complete director yet, but I can see that he wants to be a great director and he tries to up the ante on the emotional side of filmmaking when he can. He's still a bit raw, though, and he doesn't quite know how to get the most out of his actors.

I thought 300 and Watchmen were about as good and faithful as they could have been, niggling issues aside. I didn't care for Sucker Punch at all: it was unexpectedly heavy and that didn't mesh well with the "supercool" action stuff. Weird film. I haven't seen Legends of the Guardians or Dawn of the Dead.

Like you, I'm a Superman fan, so I'm seeing this regardless. Do I think Snyder is the man for the job? I didn't at first, but I love the direction they've taken with the story and I'm a big Terrence Malick fan so I love the art direction and cinematography. I think there will still be something of a disconnect between the explosive action stuff and the emotional, artsy stuff (as Snyder's stuff kind of always has), but I'm hoping it'll still be a pretty nice film... and Snyder's best yet.
I had a globe in my room when I was a kid. Heh.

In the Beginning...
I had Superman pajamas that looked like his actual costume, save for his red underwear. So I would pull my own tighty-whities up over the pajamas, tie on my Grandma-made Superman cape, and run around the front yard like I was flying.

I can't believe I just admitted to that.

Ok, I said I was boycotting this movie after all the backstepping the filmmakers were doing...

Found some more news recently...

Now, the old news is that Daily Planet Editor and Chief Perry White has had his ethnicity changed... now I'm all for keeping with the times but it's still not right to change a beloved and well known character so much...

... but new news is that the dopey filmmakers have now also...

... changed Jimmy Olsen to Jenny Olsen...

... sounds like they're taking a leaf out of Jose Padilha's book with his RoboCop remake...

... when will these people learn?

Ok, I said I was boycotting this movie after all the backstepping the filmmakers were doing...

Found some more news recently...

Now, the old news is that Daily Planet Editor and Chief Perry White has had his ethnicity changed... now I'm all for keeping with the times but it's still not right to change a beloved and well known character so much...

... but new news is that the dopey filmmakers have now also...

... changed Jimmy Olsen to Jenny Olsen...

... sounds like they're taking a leaf out of Jose Padilha's book with his RoboCop remake...

... when will these people learn?
I think its premature to judge. These people make decisions for a reason. I remember when people were complaining about all the thinks Peter Jackson was changing in Fellowship. In the end, he was right and they were wrong because his films turned out to be a success and hit the sweet spot between brining in the mainstream and keeping the fanbase happy. I think the same is true here, yes there are some major changes but lets wait and see what the movie winds up looking like before we pick it apart.

Has anyone posted about this yet? There are some rumours circulating that Snyder may be create a CGI Reeve in Man of Steel. It's hard to find many details about this, but I did read on the Youdunnojack website that Empire Magazine will have the scoop this week. Does anyone have any additional details or info?