Guardians Of The Galaxy

→ in
Tools    

Guardians Of The Galaxy

Wow. Saw the movie last night and I am still on a high from it. You will laugh, you will cry then you will repeat until the movie is over. All the Guardians are really well rounded and all of them really strut their stuff. I have to check out some of James Gunn's other stuff because this was just that good. I mean I don't have much bad to say about the film at all. Maybe their were some scenes were the CGI was kind of sketchy, like the opening scene, to me at least. But that is just nitpicking, there are some beautiful shots too. If you like big summer blockbusters this is the one. Saved this summer really. Highly recommended. Get ready to say it.....

"I am Groot"

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

For once, this is an original Marvel movie.

Marvel is rolling in money right now, what with tons of sequels to almost every avengers member, and honestly I've been getting fed up with Marvel and all their sequels. So, it was a really pleasant surprise to see Guardians of the Galaxy.

Most Marvel movies are pretty dark and serious, except for the cheesy line or pun every once in a while to lighten the mood. But Guardians of the Galaxy is different. Almost completely comedy, this is the happiest I've been with a Marvel movie in a long time. Chris Pratt plays Peter Quill (or Star Lord as he calls himself) a kind of self centered, but still loveable and funny hero. Pratt is great in this movie. He does a great job playing "the outsider" if you will. He delivers his lines well and he gives a great performance. He's funny and likable and he isn't perfect. He has flaws and makes mistakes and that's part of why he's such a human and relatable character.

Next I'll talk about Dave Bautista (I'm just going to call him Batista in this review). Batista plays Drax, a prisoner who is out for revenge. You may think "oh great, this character is boring already." But he surprisingly isn't boring. You'd think that with such an overused character he would be cliched and boring but he isn't. I didn't think Batsita would be any good in this movie but I was wrong. He actually has some of the best lines in the movie, especially since for some reason he has a strangely large vocabulary. There's lot's of clever wordplay involving Batista's character and it's really entertaining to watch him and Pratt's character argue and talk about his strange vocabulary. Drax was one of my favorite characters in the movie and Batista did surprisingly well with him.

Zoe Saldana is hot despite being green with marks on her face. Oh and her acting was ok too. 'Nuff said.

Bradley Cooper does the voice of Rocket and I could hardly tell it was him. He does a great job playing the loud mouth little animal with a lot of heart and strength. Rocket is definitely one of the high points of the movie, being cute and yet foul mouthed and brutal, and still a likable character.

Vin Diesel does the voice of Groot, a talking tree that basically just says "I am Groot" throughout the movie. Honestly this is just about the best acting I've seen from Vin Diesel, partly just because he's not mumbling and I can actually understand what he says. Oh, and Groot kicks ass too.

I liked most of the performances in the movie and I mostly liked the movie overall, but I still had some problems with it. One thing is the movie starts off on a really sad note and doesn't pick back up on it until the very end. This was a bit jarring, especially since audiences were expecting a comedy and we see this very very sad scene right at the beginning. It's just a little startling and the transition from that to the peppy and funny opening credits is a little bit off-putting and strange. But the movie soon goes to that funny area you expect it to and everything smooths out. I also felt a few of the jokes fell flat, but I think part of that is because I've seen some of the scenes so many times in the trailers. One other thing. Some parts of the story are kind of cheesy and have that "cliche marvel movie" feeling, but it's best to just laugh at that kind of stuff. I don't think the filmmakers expected you to take all the action scenes completely seriously because in a way the action scenes are a less obvious parody of previous Marvel movies.

Overall, I really enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy. It's entertaining, funny and it has some great action scenes, without jerking the camera around too much. Special effects are great, characters and acting are great and the story is fun, despite having that typical Marvel cheese factor at times. This is a fun movie. Adults will like it because of the classic 70's and 80's songs that our protagonist plays throughout the movie and because of the sometimes adult humor that may go over some of the kids' heads, and kids will like this movie for everything else. So, if you have nothing else to do this weekend, I suggest you go out and see Guardians of the Galaxy. You'll have a blast.

4.3/5
Fire walk with me.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Paid in full. Marvel/Gunn nailed the mannerisms of the cgi characters (groot face, rocket), the dialogue, the villain, I could go on. If I was forced to pick a weak spot; it would be the Collector in what I saw as a forgettable character. I say that only to balance out what could be perceived as a total fanboy stance on my part.

Favorite parts-
Jackson Pollack
End scene Groot (this was hard, but that Pollack line will stick with me for a while)
Guardians b*****
Seeing Thanos and knowing that Brolin's voice is the peanut butter to his jelly
I could keep writing, but that would defeat the purpose.

rant - To call this Marvel's riskiest film yet comes across as an insult of sorts to me. Unfamiliar characters, yes. Good script, Good director, proper budget doesn't seem that risky. Trying to make a Hulk movie before Whedon is risky.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Guardians of the Galaxy

A rag-tag group of has-beens ban together to stop a ruthless villain who wants nothing to do but destroy cities killing millions.

Guardians of the Galaxy was a huge gamble of Marvel, branching away from a well known formula to introduce a completely new universe, with odd creatures such as a talking raccoon, with no big A list stars and based on a property that very little people knew about. Guardians of the Galaxy was without a doubt a huge gamble and fortunately for them, it paid off in spades. Just when the Marvel films started to feel a tad stale and routine, here comes along a fresh fun filled film that is an entertaining ride from start to finish.

I had a lot of fun with this film and it's been awhile since we've had fun at the movies. Dark, depressing, brooding films seem to make out summer blockbuster schedule, heck even the last two Marvel outputs were pretty dark (Captain America and Thor) but Guardians breathes new life into the summer blockbuster and more importantly the Marvel universe.

The cast seems to really gel well together, even Dave Bautista, a wrestler with little acting experience, seems natural here getting some of the biggest laughs. Both Groot and Rocket Raccoon are computer marvels that have both heart and laughs. Of course finally Star Lord himself does his Han Solo with the right charm and wit. Gunn's films always blend comedy into whatever genre he seems to be diving into: Horror (Slither) Superhero (Super) and now Sci/fi-Action with Guardians. Gamora is the one character who never plays anything for laughs, her character is too serious to let the jokes fly, but she is a deadly assassin.

Gunn uses a beautiful colour palette here reminiscent of Blade Runner and The Fifth Element. A welcome sight to these eyes. Guardians loves to bath in the colour it introduces to us. It loves its characters, action, self awareness and most of all, music. The music in Guardians plays into the story as well. You'll sometimes fight the urge to dance in your seat.

I can't recommend this film enough. It's sheer fun that is non-stop entertainment. Chris Pratt is about to burst onto the scene and I look forward to more Guardians to come.

Suspect's Reviews

There are so many cool Marvel stories. I'm so happy that Ironman and The Avengers have been so huge because now we'll be able to get some real jems from this universe that we wouldn't otherwise get if the others had flopped I reckon.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Fun slice of light entertainment, but I don't have the love for it that the rest of the world seems to have.

Please tell me what you think of the review.

Thank you

I want to hate this, but how can I? There's a talking raccoon! :3

If you haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy yet, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?? It is a fantastic film that will leave you completely speechless and a hardcore Groot fan(: The amazing cast in this flick is topped off by kick ass 70's music on a Walkman. SEE GOTG RIGHT NOW TO BE A COOL KID!

Guardians of the Galaxy
A review by Colton Attrell
What the hell is Guardians of the Galaxy? Guardians of the Galaxy is a recently released space adventure/action film directed by James Gunn.
What's it all about? This film is a fun space adventure about a group of 5 space criminals on a mission to protect a mystical orb from Ronan the Accuser and space Junkers.
Who are the characters? Peter Quill- Peter Quill is a human born on earth. In the year 1988, Quill was kidnapped seconds after his mothers death. Rocket Raccoon- Rocket raccoon is a scientific experiment gone...right. He is a sassy black version of a raccoon that you are sure to love. Groot- I won't explain Groot. You'll see. Drax- Drax is a complete bad ass who can't understand sayings. He hates Ronan the Accuser (for good reason). Gamora- Gamora is hot and she can't really dance.
Why should I see it? In my opinion, Guardians of the Galaxy is the best Marvel movie of the last 10 years. It's fun and It doesn't take itself too seriously. The music is fantastic, so are all of the characters. Give Guardians of the Galaxy a shot. You wont regret it.
Rate: My rate for Guardians of the Galaxy is a 9/10.