New Emoticons

Tools    

Divine's singing career was actually better than his acting career, I think. That's a good cover of that song.

Yes, I believe he was supposed to be a Bundy uncle on that show. He died in this motel room he was staying in for a Married... with Children meeting (or filming?) he was supposed to do on the day he died. He had the script with him and was reading it the night before he died.

I'm reading something now -- he was supposed to play Uncle Otto, who was a transvestite.

Why is it gay guys like blokes who dress like women?

Kinda defeats the object
It's not that gay guys desire men who dress like women -- although, there are some gay guys who do, including transvestite-on-transvestite love.

I remember when my Sister came out... she went out with a woman that dressed like a guy and had short hair.

I just don't get it.

I remember when my Sister came out... she went out with a woman that dressed like a guy and had short hair.

I just don't get it.
I have a theory about this, actually... because, as I've said before, that I think people become homosexual as opposed to being born homosexual -- not saying it's a choice, but saying it's this deep psychological thing that strongly takes root -- I think that everyone has natural instincts to like certain things associated with the opposite sex. That on some level, lesbians actually do like things about men and gay men do like things about women. Or, it just all plays into the psychological makeup of a person.

I'm sure people would call me a crackpot for saying that, but that's what I believe is going on. 'Cause like you, I've often been confused by what you don't get as well, but now, after thinking about all this, it doesn't surprise me anymore.

Here to learn. And judge silently.
Actually, there's been quite a bit of research that deems that sexuality is biological and not environmental. What is environmental, though, is the dual gender system and gender normativity. I.E. what we consider to be "male" and what we consider to be "female". For example, in some cultures, men stayed at home, women were hunters. Men had long hair, women short. What we are is biological, who we are is not, if that makes any sense at all.

But, what is interesting when you take into consideration the innate flaws of the gender binary, then you have, "If gender roles are a sham, then what are homosexual people attracted to exactly?" That, too, is biological, to be short: neurological and pheromonal, with some psychology in there to boot.

Actually, there's been quite a bit of research that deems that sexuality is biological and not environmental. What is environmental, though, is the dual gender system and gender normativity. I.E. what we consider to be "male" and what we consider to be "female". For example, in some cultures, men stayed at home, women were hunters. Men had long hair, women short. What we are is biological, who we are is not, if that makes any sense at all.

But, what is interesting when you take into consideration the innate flaws of the gender binary, then you have, "If gender roles are a sham, then what are homosexual people attracted to exactly?" That, too, is biological, to be short: neurological and pheromonal, with some psychology in there to boot.
This is the current dogma that is everywhere and which I do not subscribe to. The research that you're speaking of has never been strong or convincing enough.

I have thought a lot about this and studied things about myself and about other gay people. I am not convinced it's this genetic, biological thing that we're born into and cannot change. That has mostly been a dogma created to further progress the gay liberation movement, to fight against religion which shuns gays because they feel being gay "is a choice." I completely understand the feeling that being gay doesn't feel like a choice because I believe it's largely this psychological thing that is hard to control. I believe that gay people grow up in environments and have certain experiences that influences them to feel gay. I think society is even affecting us. There may also even be biological influences in people that can push someone to feel gay, but I don't think there's something in people that destines them to be gay. That they were born gay and all that. I don't believe it. I used to and it would probably be easier to believe it and be convinced that it's the truth, but I don't think it is.

Here to learn. And judge silently.
Okay, that I can understand. You're leaning towards deeply ingrained subconscious expression or something similar. Have you read anything on the epigenetics theory, then? Because that's where my money currently lies, particularly with the Rice/Friberg experiment. Just because anything else doesn't really explain, for me, how homosexuality runs in families.

I'm a huge nerd for social constructionism theory in regards to human sexuality/gender, though, didn't mean to dolphin jump into the middle of anything!

Anyway, this poor thread got sabotaged. I hope my posts don't get deleted because I am liking everything I am saying. Move them or something if you must, Yoda or whoever.

It's not about the expression. It's about the vibe you get from it.