Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I've not seen Red Angel. The only Masumura film I've seen is Manji which was good. What is the favourite you mention? I'll make sure I watch it before submitting my list if I haven't already seen it.
Onibaba

Detective Bureau 2-3: Go to Hell Bastards!

2 out of 5. Using the Netflix ratings.

I did a Mad Max marathon.

Mad Max on blu-ray: 8/10 inferior to Road Warrior but a nice beginning to the franchise no doubt.

The Road Warrior on blu-ray: 10/10 a masterpiece of the science fiction and action genres together. I saw both 1 and 2 29 years ago at age 4 and those with the Star Wars trilogy and Alien then seeing Aliens in theaters made me a sci-fi nut since then.

Mad Max Beyond thunderdome on BD: 6/10 disappointing PG-13 watered down sequel to 2 adult oriented action classics, Tina Turner does a nice performance in this movie and her song is memorable too. But it feels too much of a Peter Pan wannabe story, i'm glad Miller went back to be in control of the franchise with the fourth moving and giving back the balls to the series.

Mad Max Fury Road: 10/10 best MM since Road Warrior and nice to see it go back to the adult formula.

Seed (2007)

I got this off my disturbing movie watchlist, and I'd have to say it delivered. It's about a serial killer, and in the beginning, it shows him watching animals being beaten to death on TV. This is actual footage that was provided by PETA, and from what I understand, they received a portion of the profits from this movie. That is the kind of thing I never want to see under any circumstance, but I suppose some good came out of it. The movie also features a five minute scene in which the killer slowly beats a woman to death with a hammer. This is up there with the most disturbing scenes I've seen. There are other upsetting moments in this movie, including the ending. This is very well made for this particular kind of film, and is very dark. It could've been a great film if not for a couple of unrealistic touches, such as the killer surviving the electric chair and being buried alive. Worth watching for fans of disturbing movies.

All four get the same rating, huh?
5 actually. I really enjoyed all of them but none were full marks. Maybe Birdman.

High Functioning Sociopath

(Ironically this face is what I was making the entire time watching this movie)
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)

This movie certainly is ON STRANGER TIDES, and not good ones. IDK what it was, when I first watched this movie I throughout thought it was an okay movie. It just doesn't do it for me I guess. I think the amount of change that comes over this movie from the third one is certainly a lot. I have hope that the 5th or hell even the 6th will be good but until then I am left with.....well this. I still like Depp as Sparrow and Rush as Barbossa but a lot of stuff felt so forced it wasn't even funny. And that Priest-Mermaid romance oh god give me a break. I guess Bloom and Knightley not being in this just threw me off. Penelope Cruz just doesn't do it for me (Although I do love the ending scene between her and Sparrow)

Divergent (2014)

Another in a series of multi-part "empowered teens against the big bad guys" movies. This one is fairly decent, with good acting, particularly by Shailene Woodley. This is all about a society that is split into groups, with one overlord faction deciding the fate of the others. But there are various ones called "Divergents" who have certain mind powers that the head honchos fear and they are being weeded out. Of course Woodley is Divergent and has to gather what friends she has and escape. The movie is a bit slow, but there is some action...this is a first part and it shows. Still, a good time-waster. I'm curious to see the second part but I can wait till it ends up on cable. Oh yes, most importantly, Woodley is very fetching.

Spongebob Movie : Sponge out of Water

Feels like a really uninspired episode of Spongebob that goes on for way too long. Can't even recommend this to fans of the show.

French language, French-Canadian (as Mommy) or French?
hehe, I did think it was French, has that French feel to it,no? ^^ Did you like it Mark?

Bubblegum Crisis 2033 OVA 2-6

Collection of 5 direct to video animations, 2 under 40 minutes, 3 over 40 minutes hence classified as feature length movies. Anyway, this is pretty good overall, has some nice combat sequences featuring top of the line animation, Akira's level in fact. Reminds me of angel cop but in fact, its better though its too long to be a "movie" if taken in its entirely rub for 340 minutes in 8 direct to video movies/episodes. Though I included film trilogies in my top 50.

I will write a lengthy review of the whole OVA when I finish the last 2 direct to video movies/episodes (rather weird format isn't it?).

8/10

Care for some gopher?
The General (USA, 1926, Buster Keaton/Clyde Bruckman) -

Although this movie is considered one of the best movies of all time, i watched it without expecting too much. This movie was an extremely positive surprise! It is funny from start to finish and the cinematography is amazing (considering the year it was made - especially knowing they didn't use any models or tricks).