What's the future of 24? Does it even have one? Discuss.

Tools    

The truth is in here
24 is one of my favorite television shows of all time. If I just want good old-fashioned high tension, adrenaline filled suspense, I turn to 24. Sure, some episodes are flawed (disjointed story directions, slower pace, uninteresting characters getting focused on), but overall I would still say I love it. And season 7 is shaping up to be much better than the 6th one (although still not as great as the first five).

But it's also had a messy history. After a generous 9 year run (including a TV movie), the show ended. But it was brought back 4 years later as Live Another Day, which was pretty much the 9th season but shorter. That's cool. But to everyone's dismay, they did not conclude the story and left it openended. Big mistake. Only 3 years later (barely) the spin-off 24: Legacy aired. Only one original character returned. It was a flop. After only one season it was cancelled, with lots of negative reviews.

And here we are... What will happen with 24 now? Will they bring it back and FINALLY give an actual permanent finale? Is it over? Or will they bring it back but make the same mistake as last time?

FOX has a tendency to not let things go and let shows run longer than they should, so I don't have much faith. If they ever bring 24 back, it's either Kiefer Sutherland or nothing. And even then, they've got to be very careful. What are your thoughts?

They were pretty much repeating themselves by the end of the original series, but without Jack...
The sad thing is, I think there's a potentially interesting anthology series in the idea. Do every season all new with the same 'ticking clock' format, but do different things set over a day. A murder mystery, a police drama, a ghost story, an alien invasion...
Not terrorists again. I feel like Carol Ann in Poltergeist. "No more..."