Tremors: The Series

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Kevin Bacon is reprising his role of Valentine McKee from the 1990 original film in a new TV series adaptation that will land of the SyFy Channel and Bacon is also executive producer.

“We are going to do a pilot for Syfy. It’s the only character I’ve ever played that I was interested in exploring 25 years later. It [‘Tremors’] is a really good movie. I don’t go back and watch my movies but because we were doing this one, I had to go back and look at it. It’s just the idea of this loser who is living a very ordinary life and has an extraordinary experience with these monsters and becomes, for a moment, a hero.”

You can't win an argument just by being right!
[ It’s just the idea of this loser who is living a very ordinary life and has an extraordinary experience with these monsters and becomes, for a moment, a hero.”
Sounds like his role in The Following.

Eh, if it doesn't have Michael Gross as Burt Gummer, I'm out. He took over as the second lead in the sequel, then the lead in the following movies. He was also the star of a short-lived SyFy series of Tremors in 2003. It was pretty good but only lasted one season. That was at the time when SyFy would cancel anything after one season, then replay it over and over.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3...v-series-axed/

"For the first time since the original film, Kevin Bacon was set to return to Perfection to fight Graboids in Syfy’s “Tremors,which filmed its pilot episode in Albuquerque, New Mexico last year. Sadly, the network has decided to not order the pilot to series.

Bacon himself broke the sad news over on Instagram tonight:

“Sad to report that my dream of revisiting the world of Perfection will not become a reality. Although we made a fantastic pilot (IMHO) the network has decided not to move forward. Thanks to our killer cast and everyone behind the scenes who worked so hard. And always keep one eye out for GRABOIDS!”

No word yet on when, or even if, we’ll be seeing the already-filmed pilot."