Should posts on ignore be completely hidden?

Tools    

MC for the Great Underground Circus
What's up with that number!?! That'd be weird if they were the same three, although I'm figuring they're not.
Interesting you mention it, lately when I go to bed it's either 3:33 or 2:33 [depending].

There was a time I was stuck with the number 9. I would look at the clock and it would be 9:09, 10:19; etc. A car would pass by and it had 9's on the plate. Weird as hell.

Interesting you mention it, lately when I go to bed it's either 3:33 or 2:33 [depending].

There was a time I was stuck with the number 9. I would look at the clock and it would be 9:09, 10:19; etc. A car would pass by and it had 9's on the plate. Weird as hell.
Yeah, I love when things like that happen. With you, it's a wild coincidence.

Something that's kind of like that . . . They say that we usually notice things more, once it's important to our lives. An example of what I mean, would be the name Jack. Ever since I discovered this man, it's seems to be a name I here allllll the time. A lot of my favorite movies have characters with the name Jack, and a lot of the time, it's one of the main stars. I see that name on TV, in movies, etc , , , all the time. Before this, I already had a cat named Jack . . . Jack & Jill, Bonnie & Clyde, and an uncle named Jack. I swear that I hear and/or see that name more times a day than I can count. I know it's a common name, so that helps, but still. Now that the name is important to me, I can't help but to notice it, and man how I do that all day long.

Another example is when we pick out our dream car. After that, we forever see them on the street, on TV, movies, etc . . .

Yeah, I love when things like that happen. With you, it's a wild coincidence.

Something that's kind of like that . . . They say that we usually notice things more, once it's important to our lives. An example of what I mean, would be the name Jack. Ever since I discovered this man, it's seems to be a name I here allllll the time. A lot of my favorite movies have characters with the name Jack, and a lot of the time, it's one of the main stars. I see that name on TV, in movies, etc , , , all the time. Before this, I already had a cat named Jack . . . Jack & Jill, Bonnie & Clyde, and an uncle named Jack. I swear that I hear and/or see that name more times a day than I can count. I know it's a common name, so that helps, but still. Now that the name is important to me, I can't help but to notice it, and man how I do that all day long.

Another example is when we pick out our dream car. After that, we forever see them on the street, on TV, movies, etc . . .
I can explain the 3:33/2:33 thing. We have internal clocks even tough we are not aware of it.

A good example is when you wake up at around the same time every day without the need of an alarm clock. Or when you seem to wake up just a few seconds before your alarm clock is triggered.

The Jack and the car examples are also great. Our minds are always working.

currently only have three users on ignore.
The 3 I have on Ignore
I already put 3 on Ignore.
What's up with that number!?! That'd be weird if they were the same three, although I'm figuring they're not.
Damn...checked my list. Yup. 3.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I went through a stage where I thought I was living in a haunted house and woke up every morning at 3.33

3.33? Only half evil then.

Yeah exactly. I moved and it stopped. Spooky. I dont even believe in ghosts but it was at a time when someone gave me the satanic bible to read and there's no 6.66

3.33? Only half evil then.

Yeah exactly. I moved and it stopped. Spooky. I dont even believe in ghosts but it was at a time when someone gave me the satanic bible to read and there's no 6.66
Speaking of...I used to work in a prog record store. Noticed an album by Anto LaVey called "Satan Takes a Holiday" so of course I had to give it a spin. Oh boy was it bad....

Speaking of...I used to work in a prog record store. Noticed an album by Anto LaVey called "Satan Takes a Holiday" so of course I had to give it a spin. Oh boy was it bad....
LOL I can imgine.

Casiotone devilpop. What could go wrong?
ROFL. That's woeful.

OK.

Cat, come with me.

Don't hide them completely.

Members who ignore other members that aren't banned (and therefore don't break any rules), should be reminded once in a while that they are, in fact, behaving quite cowardly.

We shouldn't promote living in self-created imaginary worlds of safety. The users of the 'ignore button' should be reminded of the existence of a real world, where there are also people operating who they don't happen to agree with or like.

I hope people won't ignore me because of this opinion, but this is my sincere view on the whole matter.

Don't hide them completely.

Members who ignore other members that aren't banned (and therefore don't break any rules), should be reminded once in a while that they are, in fact, behaving quite cowardly.

We shouldn't promote living in self-created imaginary worlds of safety. The users of the 'ignore button' should be reminded of the existence of a real world, where there are also people operating who they don't happen to agree with or like.

I hope people won't ignore me because of this opinion, but this is my sincere view on the whole matter.
A member that puts another one in Ignore is behaving cowardly, in your opinion? Under any circumstance?

We shouldn't promote hypocrisy in the first place [on line or not], such as the passive-aggressive stance

an example:

"hey "buddy" f.ck off "
"why did you tell me to f.ck off?"
"hey relax... I was only joking "buddy"... see the wink ? That's proof of joking.... Don't be a jack ass "
"you did again"
"no "buddy"... don't be stupid as usual "

A member that puts another one in Ignore is behaving cowardly, in your opinion? Under any circumstance?
Unless the moderation is failing and allowing genuinely irritating stuff like obvious spamming or constant PM abuse, I happen to think that is true, yes. This is, however, in my opinion and to my knowledge, not the case on this forum.

I think most (or perhaps all) people who use the 'ignore button' on here, are using it for the wrong reasons. I have many people I like on here that use it, but it's an issue I strongly disagree with them on. I'm sure they can respect that.

What other reasons are there to use the ignore function other than to, you know, ignore? I've never seen a forum that doesnt have one.

What other reasons are there to use the ignore function other than to, you know, ignore? I've never seen a forum that doesnt have one.
The question is: "what do people want to ignore?"

Do they want to ignore genuine continuing abuse, irritating spam or disturbing content? Well, then I'm all for that! None of those things are allowed on this forum, however, so it isn't used for that.

Do people want to ignore everyone who disagrees with them or who they somehow can't stand for their style or way of thinking?
Well, then I think you're showing a lack of courage. You should be able to deal with that kind of stuff on your own, without all of those people being artificially removed from your perception of reality.
Coping with other people that you don't intuitively get along with is an important part of growing as a person. I truly believe it makes you a better person if you allow yourself to be confronted with them and learn how to handle them yourself.