Should posts on ignore be completely hidden?

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Hidden completely. if someone goes on ignore there's no reason to even be reminded they exist.
Yeah that's what Yoda did. Used to really annoy me on imdb when I'd click on a new post and it would be one of the clingons I had on ignore still following me around.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
As your newist techno challenged tester I just tried my phone. It doesnt work, Yods. Doesn't bother me but just letting you know.

I'll PM you for the details.

But, standard reminder for anyone reading: always include specifics! 99% of the time I need to know what you're trying to do, and what's happening, to fix it.

EDIT: turns out it just hadn't been applied to the mobile style. Should be fixed in a couple of minutes.

I would never even consider putting someone on ignore. I never have confrontation here, but I would get a kick out of it if I did. If it were bad, I couldn't not know what the other party was saying.

Why does the master list say cricket posted here yet when I open the thread is the last post from Yoda instead ??

Edit: Never mind, found out why

Yeah that's what Yoda did. Used to really annoy me on imdb when I'd click on a new post and it would be one of the clingons I had on ignore still following me around.
I ended up using a greasemonkey script on Firefox for IMDb, with it running it handled the ignores and the offending twit ceased to exist completely.

The only way they were seen was if someone quoted one of their posts.

Why does the master list say cricket posted here yet when I open the thread is the last post from Yoda instead ??

Edit: Never mind, found out why
*waves hand*

cricket never posted here.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Just a thought on the other side:

I currently only have three users on ignore. Two of the three are there because they persistently post images that I'd rather not have show up on my screen. One of them does sometimes also post stuff about films that I'm interested in, so I quite like being able to see the posts if I want to and hide them again if necessary.

I realise this is probably a fairly niche use of the ignore function, so if it's a lot of trouble to have the ignored posts viewable, I'm fine with that too.

*waves hand*

cricket never posted here.
Phew
You might wanna take a look into that as a bug then as the master list definitely said he did

The 3 I have on Ignore User, there is absolutely nothing whatsoever worth peeking at that they post, ever. To make their posts even more invisible to me would be fine.

I currently only have three users on ignore. Two of the three are there because they persistently post images that I'd rather not have show up on my screen. One of them does sometimes also post stuff about films that I'm interested in, so I quite like being able to see the posts if I want to and hide them again if necessary.

I realise this is probably a fairly niche use of the ignore function, so if it's a lot of trouble to have the ignored posts viewable, I'm fine with that too.
That could be me, say it ain't so!

I would never even consider putting someone on ignore. I never have confrontation here, but I would get a kick out of it if I did. If it were bad, I couldn't not know what the other party was saying.
Yeah, I agree, and after reading this, I've decided to take my Ignored Users off.

This is just another stupid distraction to problems that won't solve anything, a revamped Ignore Users list. If I still have problems with people, and I don't use this feature, I'll only get blamed for not using it. So, no, forget this whole new thing about the Ignore Users list. This forum should just stop taking itself so seriously all the time. We do not need to be worrying about ignoring people and hiding their posts. It is just more navel gazing.

Thanks for the feedback. That makes sense. The consensus is otherwise pretty overwhelming, but I'll think about whether or not to add an option in the future, particularly if it continues to be an issue, or if other people have something similar going on.

Welcome to the human race...
I already put 3 on Ignore: two ex-IMDB ass-hats and an In-house idiotic instigator. Those 3 won't come out of the Ignore list ever, so I have no use to remember they even exist.

However, for you people not to think it's all random, a bit of a back story:

I'm not one to use Ignore features, I only did it twice on IMDB [2 stalkers that were following me around accusing me of being some sock account for someone who made them cry] when I much prefer to have some form of fun with trolls.

However, new house, new rules. And I despise attacks via subterfuge [I despise attacks of any shape or form, even less by someone who doesn't know me from nowhere; but if someone is to attack me, it better come out straight with a reason and wearing the balls in the right place, instead of half baked words and lousy attitude]. I'm not a patient person to self-righteous hypocrites. I'm respectful, candid and easy going till I'm greeted with sheer idiocy.
I'm pretty sure that Little Devil means me simply because the stuff I wrote in this thread was enough to get me labelled as an "instigator" in a thread that seems custom-designed to instigate negative discussions, in case you're wondering what it's going to take to make their ignore list (i.e. not much).

That's how I use it too.

I have to say this feature tweak is perfect

Now if they only didnt show up in quotes........

No, it should suppress both the notification and exclude it from the Mentions page.

EDIT: double-checked this: confirmed. Only exception is if you put someone ignore while the notification is already waiting for you, it won't vanish. But it will immediately vanish from the Mentions page, and future mentions will suppress the notification, too.