User Tagging

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Can't remember if it said New Mention or New Mentions but it was only 1 Notification in the red pop up thing.
Test me, Rattus. Usually I get two separate notifications if someone gives a rep and then quotes me.

Test me, Rattus. Usually I get two separate notifications if someone gives a rep and then quotes me.
That's by design, since they're different types of notifications.

I did briefly wonder whether or not I should combine them, and I'm still open to it at some point, but for now I'll err on the side of compartmentalization/simplicity.

Sorry was sorting a quiz out... @Dani8

Try now...

You can't win an argument just by being right!
OK so I got quoted you and mentioned you in the same notification. Working, Yods. Thanks Rattus.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
@Yoda
@Yoda
@Yoda
@Yoda
@Yoda
@Yoda
@Yoda
@Yoda
@Yoda
@Yoda
@Yoda
@Yoda
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

OK, so after a few days, I can say I really do like both the tagging and the quoting features I think they're important as there's much more board activity and threads are harder to keep track of, and those two features help.

Quick note that I've had to tweak some of the queries for both mention notifications, and the Mentions page. I'm about 90% sure it's all working fine, but on the off chance any of you notice any problems in the next day or two, 1) that's why and 2) let me know. Gracias.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
@Yoda