[NEW THING] Clubs

Tools    

Aye. From the first post:

Can we have Clubs for other things?

Not yet, but yes, I'd like to do this, too. But I need feedback for that, too: what things, and how should it work? With directors some of the features are obvious, but what about actors? Same idea? What about individual movies: even worth doing, since we already have Favorites? What about genres? Et cetera.

I think at that point if we can find someone to run (again, very little work actually involved) a Kubrick club, that'll cover us for awhile, unless we have a volunteer for Spielberg, too.
I'll volunteer for Kubrick if there aren't any candidates yet.

I think Mark would be great as Curator for a Spielberg club. There are some other huge fans of Spielberg here too.

Master of My Domain
I wonder if MoFo has enough Sidney Lumet fans to where a separate club is possible.

I've put my name forward for Verhoeven... I'll be starting a thread for it as soon as Yods gets the club up and maybe plan a few things for it in the future... and put my name forward as a possibility for Carpenter if nobody else wanted it.
I suggested Iro for Carpenter as I know he's a fan.

I've put my name forward for Verhoeven... I'll be starting a thread for it as soon as Yods gets the club up and maybe plan a few things for it in the future... and put my name forward as a possibility for Carpenter if nobody else wanted it.
I suggested Iro for Carpenter as I know he's a fan.
Noooooo!!! I suggested John Carpenter, and said I'd run it. That's my baby!!!

I also snagged John Hughes, and Wes Craven.

I'd never be part of a club that'd have somebody like me as a member.

Unless we're talking about film clubs. That sounds awesome.

Well, I just received compliments on the idea, not quotes with people showing me that.

I do believe I'm the biggest Carpenter fan here, but I reckon I'll be getting over it.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Great news! I think Yoda was needing just 2 more curators. I said I would do Capra club and I would join Kubrick and Spielberg clubs.
Capra and Kubrick -- I'm down for those guys.

I can never tell if Dezzi is serious or not...
Well of course I'm serious. I truly believe I'm the biggest Carpenter fan here. I put The Thing in the winner spot in the hall of fame, and if that goober Swan wasn't partly running the slasher thread, I would have put Halloween in. I love you, Swan, but you know I will claim that movie until the day I die. You'll have to kill me first, baby doll.

Oh ok... you can have Carpenter.
I've only seen one of his movies anyway.

Might be two movies. Can't remember.

Oh ok... you can have Carpenter.
I've only seen one of his movies anyway.

Might be two movies. Can't remember.
Just be very sure.

If that's the case, then hopefully I can get it started soon enough, so that I can have you all watch a movie or two a month. Then, Halloween 1, 2, and possibly 3, can be watched in October. I don't want to do too many, because of the Hitchcock movies.

I totally mentioned Carpenter first.

Me.

First.
Wrong. Here's the first post to mention Carpenter.

Makes sense. The only thing I'm itching for are some horror directors, but I understand if that has to be put on hold. If you are interested in popular directors, what about John Carpenter?
Me! That means I get to be curator.

I mean, I just want to curate a horror director. I'm a big fan of Carpenter, too - doesn't matter who the biggest fan is, and Destiny, it's wasted energy worrying about that or who "claims" Halloween. It's a film that means a lot to me, too.

Frankly I don't care who gets Carpenter, but I would like to curate a horror director, and he seems to be the most popular for the running.

The genre thing is interesting, but it'll be a bit before I can look at the logistics of that.

Re: Carpenter. Do you guys have a consensus on that? Is that the only one that was at all disputed? Sorry, time is short these days, so it's hard to sift through it all.