[NEW THING] Clubs

Tools    

Okay, got a little busy there, so I'm only just now adding this, but:

A Wonderful Life: A Frank Capra Club

Thanks to CR for curating this one. Should have some more threads on there soon.

Was Carpenter the only one we wanted to add ASAP? Was Destiny in line to curate that? I noticed a few people wanted to but, but I think both Rodent and Swan were fine with her doing it? Let me know if that's right; it's hard to tell even after reading the posts on the last page.

Yeah I think we agreed Des was taking Carpenter
I think @Swan was initially after Carpenter because he wanted a horror director, but said he might take Wes Craven instead.

I'm totally fine with Destiny taking Carpenter. I can wait a while on curating.

I think we're good for a bit, then. Got some ideas for some tweaks and features, so I'll probably give those a whirl before adding any new ones, unless anyone's really champing at the bit for any.

I just can't wait to start a proper Verhoeven Thread... if I'm allowed to curate the club... if there's going to be a club...

Will the link to the Clubs section on our profile pages be a mainstay? Also, will a link be added in the header?
I think both were asked earlier, and they actually have the same answer: it depends!

This is, unlike most of the features released around here, more of a beta test. I want to see how it goes, add some things to it, see if it's useful. I've got some ideas I've yet to implement, but very often how I think a feature will be used and how it's actually used are quite different, so I want to be open to that.

It'll definitely stay in the profile for now, though, since it's not really "in the way" or taking space from anything else by being in there.

Standing offer still if anyone wants to volunteer for Kubrick or Spielberg. Off the top of my head, those are probably the two biggest names we haven't added yet.

Standing offer still if anyone wants to volunteer for Kubrick or Spielberg. Off the top of my head, those are probably the two biggest names we haven't added yet.
I'll volunteer for Kubrick if there aren't any candidates yet.

I think Mark would be great as Curator for a Spielberg club. There are some other huge fans of Spielberg here too.
@mark f

I could do Kubrick if you wanted.

If not, I could do Linklater if that is someone people would be interested in discussing?