Feedback Needed: The User Reputation System

Tools    

I See You When You're Sleeping
What does it mean when you are given reputation points by a silver box instead of a green? (in the user CP)

Originally Posted by Kong
At some point people are going to bust 200 points. Do you plan on adding higher levels when that time comes? Maybe, to make a challenge for those posters, you could set it up to be circular and when someone breaks 200 they can restart from the very bottom (-500) and have to work their way back up. It might be fun...
Yeah, I figure as the levels get higher, I'll adjust the rankings. Hopefully, once we're a bit larger, I'll be able to more or less lock the rankings in, but odds are I'll have to tweak them again before long. If and when I do, I'll post the modified rankings here.

Originally Posted by MinionTV
What does it mean when you are given reputation points by a silver box instead of a green? (in the user CP)
Silver/gray usually indicates neutral...though I can't imagine how someone could give you neutral reputation. Did this happen, or is your question hypothetical?

My life isn't written very well.
Originally Posted by Yoda
Silver/gray usually indicates neutral...though I can't imagine how someone could give you neutral reputation. Did this happen, or is your question hypothetical?
Yeah Chris, I got a silver icon of rep instead of a green one too. I recieved it from a newbie, they had less than 10 posts, if that helps.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by r3port3r66
Yeah Chris, I got a silver icon of rep instead of a green one too. I recieved it from a newbie, they had less than 10 posts, if that helps.
Same here.

I’ve gotten two silver ones -- both from newbies. I just assumed they didn’t have enough posts yet to give any points…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I am having a nervous breakdance
It's happened to me too. AAAARRRRGHH!!!! IT IS EATING US ALL ALIVE!!!!!

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I See You When You're Sleeping
hmm, seems as though a lethal virus has attached itself to newbie reputation points.

To fix

Don't make the newbies happy

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
I’ve gotten two silver ones -- both from newbies. I just assumed they didn’t have enough posts yet to give any points…
Cait's got it right: people need to have a certain number of posts before they can go around effecting other people's reputation. If they don't have enough, the dot is listed as gray, though you can still read their comments.

Yeah, I bet a few of you got silver ones from me. I'm the source of the Newbie virus!

Put me in your pocket...
Thank you for the grey dot DRAngel. Grey or green, it's the thought that counts.

Originally Posted by Aniko
Thank you for the grey dot DRAngel. Grey or green, it's the thought that counts.
Your welcome. I might as well get in the habit of doing it now, it will count eventually!

My life isn't written very well.
Yes DRA, thanks for the gray recognition! It already counts to me !

I liked it better when you could see who was rating you. That way, I could drop a big virus on the fool who dared to red me! Howdy all.

Do you start with zero ? Because I hardly have 50 posts to my name and somehow I got 11 rep. points.

Can you tell I'm a modest person.

Originally Posted by Yoda
Nope. Everyone starts with 10.
Makes perfect sense. I figured as much.

Cait's got it right: people need to have a certain number of posts before they can go around effecting other people's reputation. If they don't have enough, the dot is listed as gray, though you can still read their comments.
I've got two silver ones from a bloke who has 900+ posts. Explanation wanted.

Originally Posted by Mairosu
I've got two silver ones from a bloke who has 900+ posts. Explanation wanted.
I'm thinking that's me. I've had other people tell me that I'm not giving them points when I try to. Could it be because I haven't been active enough recently?

Oh, I think I know what it is. I had 9 points for awhile, and you probably need 10 or more to affect people's rep.