What personal superstition you have ?

Tools    

No, but I do have a huge collection of pennies.
What, no penny rolls?

I believe in Tac. Get it?
I believe in Tics.

I see the finding-a-penny motto as more a practice in positive thinking (based on an already positive event) than a superstition.
Good luck or bad luck is really a decision in thinking.
Believing in good luck is the superstition. A lot of people know that it's a word, with a definition, but they don't actually believe in it. They don't believe that it has anything to do with their life. To literally see a penny, and get excited because you just found a 24 hour good luck charm . . . Yep, that's a superstition.

Believing in good luck is the superstition. A lot of people know that it's a word, with a definition, but they don't actually believe in it. They don't believe that it has anything to do with their life. To literally see a penny, and get excited because you just found a 24 hour good luck charm . . . Yep, that's a superstition.
True enough. I guess I fall more into the former crowd. When I find a penny I get excited because I now have one more penny.

Now, what if I view that penny's appearance as a sign from the universe that abundance is all around us, and the penny's message is: to increase the flow of abundance into my life, I just need to become more tuned into it, more open to it, and embrace the momentum of the universe? Is that superstition?

What, no penny rolls?
Nah, we don't have those over here. I had to look it up just to make sure it was what I thought it was.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I used to have an Evil Dead tee shirt. I wore it under a nicer shirt on my very first date. The date went well, and we dated for a few months, nothing serious. The next time I asked someone else out, I made sure to wear the shirt again, and I dated that girl for about 6 months. I kept wearing the shirt on first dates til it finally didn't fit and was fraying. All told, I had that shirt for about ten years. I considered it lucky. I no longer have the shirt, and my luck has definitely soured as of late. Coincidence?

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I used to have an Evil Dead tee shirt. I wore it under a nicer shirt on my very first date. The date went well, and we dated for a few months, nothing serious. The next time I asked someone else out, I made sure to wear the shirt again, and I dated that girl for about 6 months. I kept wearing the shirt on first dates til it finally didn't fit and was fraying. All told, I had that shirt for about ten years. I considered it lucky. I no longer have the shirt, and my luck has definitely soured as of late. Coincidence?
All those relationships didn't last, though. It's time for a fresh start. Good thing that shirt's gone.

All those relationships didn't last, though. It's time for a fresh start. Good thing that shirt's gone.
That's the attitude I've been talking about. "Luck", whether viewed as good or bad, is all a matter of perspective.

Superstition is all about attracting or ensuring good luck, and repelling or negating bad luck.
There are many versions to the following story, but it demonstrates that "luck" is all a matter of perspective...

The Taoist Farmer:
This farmer had only one horse, and one day the horse ran away. The neighbors came to condole over his terrible loss. The farmer said, "What makes you think it is so terrible?"

A month later, the horse came home--this time bringing with her two beautiful wild horses. The neighbors became excited at the farmer's good fortune. Such lovely strong horses! The farmer said, "What makes you think this is good fortune?"

The farmer's son was thrown from one of the wild horses and broke his leg. All the neighbors were very distressed. Such bad luck! The farmer said, "What makes you think it is bad?"

A war came, and every able-bodied man was conscripted and sent into battle. Only the farmer's son, because he had a broken leg, remained. The neighbors congratulated the farmer. "What makes you think this is good?" said the farmer.

Master of My Domain
Taoism is awesome. I'm a sort of a believer. Or else how could I have films like Plan 9 From Outer Space on my Top 100.

I never turn the page of my calendar unless it's a new month. I turn my mirror to face the wall each night. Never put new shoes on a table even when they are still boxed.

I see the finding-a-penny motto as more a practice in positive thinking (based on an already positive event) than a superstition.
Good luck or bad luck is really a decision in thinking.
I'm thrilled if I find a penny on the street (which I did today). I always call it a lucky penny. Makes no sense, I know. And nowhere near as good as the $50 bill I recently found.

Swedes have a weird one about manholes. If you step on one that's marked with a K, no problem. But if you step on one marked with an A, you have to spit 3 times or it's bad luck.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I don't share knives. And if I gift any kind of blade away, some type of coin has to cross my palm.

Wait. What?
Explain the origins, please!
=D

Wait. What?
Explain the origins, please!
=D
Shared knives don't care who they cut.

Gifting knives without some sort of coin changing hands is said to sever the friendship (don't worry, I'm well aware it's usually one friend being an arsehole and the other friend not having any of it that severs friendships I just really like the feel of that superstition.) Origin? The East, I think. The mediterraneans did a lot for that, too (my granny drummed all that into me, the only superstition that stuck). Added all kinds of addendums to the initial superstition. The shared knife thing is uncannily true (for me, although I can explain that with common sense too, but that's not half as romantic. )

That somehow everything will turn out just right. Maybe it's just an excuse to myself to be lazy. :P

can't see a shoe flipped over, I can ran accrose the street to flip it back.