The Men of Our Dreams

Tools    

LOL at 'he was pretty good'.

I love Tony in Westworld. Amazing performance. And he's still got charisma. I would crash tackle him.
He's great. It's just occurred to me actually that they've sort of played the same role in that Olivier played Zeus and Hopkins the Marvel version of Odin. I think Anthony Hopkins was seen as his successor at one point, a bit like John Neville was seen as the new John Gielgud.

Lots of actors got into the profession as a way of combating some kind of awkwardness or another.

I know James Earl Jones started to get over a stutter, funnily enough.
That's very interesting – I thought he was so good in Conan the Barbarian.

William Hartnell developed a stutter during World War II and was told "You'd better get back to the theatre, you're no bloody good here". Apparently he was in the Tank Corps, which must have been hellish.

There's a superhero style story, I don't think it's real, that Olivier became an actor as part of a promise to his mother before she died.

Story goes that she asked him to "become an actor", and to "be a good one, for [her]".

Seems too... theatrical to be real, but maybe...
Sometimes it's because the parent wanted to do it and couldn't for whatever reason.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I dont remember that from the bio but highly possible.

Interesting about the ensemble of AHS. They all play quite a confronting aspect of themselves (confronting to me anyway that they accentuate it) eg Jessica is always the aging beauty, Jamie plays a young woman with down syndrome, my darling Denis more often than not plays someone from LGBT community, some of the actors from Freak Show have birth defects, Gabourey plays an over eater etc.

I digress. My darling Denis O'Hare

This might just do nobody any good.
He's great. It's just occurred to me actually that they've sort of played the same role in that Olivier played Zeus and Hopkins the Marvel version of Odin.
omg, and Thor was directed by Kenneth Branagh, another supposed successor to Olivier (who actually played Olivier on film) CONSPIRACYTHEORYCROPCIRCLESAREREAL!

Interesting about the ensemble of AHS. They all play quite a confronting aspect of themselves (confronting to me anyway that they accentuate it) eg Jessica is always the aging beauty, Jamie plays a young woman with down syndrome, my darling Denis more often than not plays someone from LGBT community, some of the actors from Freak Show have birth defects, Gabourey plays an over eater etc.
Some call that uninspired casting.

More Denis. I would marry him but he has a beautiful husband nd baby

One more. Getting a bit hot in here - need to disrobe

That's beautiful.

omg, and Thor was directed by Kenneth Branagh, another supposed successor to Olivier (who actually played Olivier on film) CONSPIRACYTHEORYCROPCIRCLESAREREAL!
He looked like he did a good job of Olivier from what I've seen. I find his Shakespeare a bit hit and miss – he looked dire in Macbeth.

Oh god I disagree. Imagine being Jessica Lange, drawing attention to herself that she's a hasbeen aging beauty. Or Gaboury drawing attention to herself about her over eating (quite frankly I dont think she's a very good actress but that's beside the point, if ya know what I mean). Denis loved that he had to play a gay man with a stupendously enormous dong, though ehehehe.

I'm not totally familiar with his Shakespeare (Branagh's).

His Hamlet is one of my favorite films of the 90s, though. If only he'd cast Oldman and Roth as Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, he'd have made the definite cinematic version.

Oh god I disagree. Imagine being Jessica Lange, drawing attention to herself that she's a hasbeen aging beauty. Or Gaboury drawing attention to herself about her over eating (quite frankly I dont think she's a very good actress but that's beside the point, if ya know what I mean). Denis loved that he had to play a gay man with a stupendously enormous dong, though ehehehe.
I guess can't fault the cast of AHS. They all seem to be having fun in a "theatre kids" kind of way. I do think I'd try to do more with the cast. Lange, O'Hare, Paulson, Bates, etc. are fantastic actors. I'd like to see the show really challenge them. Maybe if Ryan Murphy took a step back and hand the series to a new creative team.

Like the guys working on American Crime Story. He's got good instincts when it comes to choosing interesting artistic voices. He should experiment with his trademark creation.

I guess can't fault the cast of AHS. They all seem to be having fun in a "theatre kids" kind of way. I do think I'd try to do more with the cast. Lange, O'Hare, Paulson, Bates, etc. are fantastic actors. I'd like to see the show really challenge them. Maybe if Ryan Murphy took a step back and hand the series to a new creative team.

Like the guys working on American Crime Story. He's got good instincts when it comes to choosing interesting artistic voices.
I'd like to see Denis given the lead/ It;s been too (dare I say this) female-centric. Needs a shake up for some 'diversity' and yes Ryan needs to hand the reins over. They sure look like they have fun, though, especially last season. That was a hoot.

I'm not totally familiar with his Shakespeare (Branagh's).

His Hamlet is one of my favorite films of the 90s, though. If only he'd cast Oldman and Roth as Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, he'd have made the definite cinematic version.
That would have been good .

Kitty Cat, who is this?

Needs no introduction.