Fargo - TV Series

Tools    

Last episode was so weird, as Yoda says I kept expecting a bang and we never got one, and I just kept thinking "wtf?", not that it's a bad thing. Loved the ending with Lester and Malvo, and I agree that Lester is probably doomed now that he's gone so long with all this success.

Got to love Lorne Malvo though, he's a c*nt, but a great one, looked pretty normal at the end though

All done.

That was really good. Really enjoyed this show. I assume the critical response means it'll be back in some form, but probably in a "set in the same style of world" sense rather than a continuation of this particular story. Though based on how it weaved in elements of the film, I'd imagine even an entirely new set of characters would cross paths with some familiar ones.

Really impressed by the whole thing. Great cast, well-acted, and boy, did Hawley and co. nail the Coen style.

All this time I had been thinking at aired Wednesday nights for you US people, so I was watching it Thursday morning. Means I'm looking forward to finishing this off tonight, should be good

Finished here. It's been fun.
Nothing particularly wrong with this final episode...but I was extremely disappointed for some odd reason. I felt the ending was too safe, and it mirrored the film way too much.

Again not a bad episode, just very anticlimactic.

Nothing particularly wrong with this final episode...
True. It took a few episodes to find its groove, and the ending was a bit too predictable and anticlimactic. I think the reason I was a little disappointed was because I felt the show hit its zenith in episode nine. All-in-all, I'm looking forward to the next season.

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
I loved the series , it was wonderfully executed. Up until the final scene i thought Thornton was going to reveal himself as Lucifer, what with all the biblical references and all..oh and the little line, "I havn't has a peice of apple pie like that since the Garden of Eden"

Anyway, great show sad that it's over.

Nothing particularly wrong with this final episode...but I was extremely disappointed for some odd reason. I felt the ending was too safe, and it mirrored the film way too much.

Again not a bad episode, just very anticlimactic.
I feel the exact same way. It was a very solid finale, yet I felt oddly unsatisfied by the end of it. I don't know why exactly. Maybe my expectations were too high?

(Don't read if you haven't watched the finale, since there are spoilers below.)

I think I'm most disappointed by Malvo's fate. It makes sense for Gus to have been involved, considering what happened between he and Malvo at the beginning of the season, but something about it just seemed too easy. I mean, Malvo had an almost supernatural presence throughout the season, so it seems like it should have taken a lot more than just a bear trap and a guy lying in wait to finally eliminate him. Like the parable about the bear, he should've died on own terms, and I feel that didn't happen.

I know I'm in the minority with this, but I was kind of hoping that Malvo, like Javier Bardem's character in No Country for Old Men, would limp away from the destruction, wounded but alive. I knew Lester would either die or go to prison, but it would've been cool if Malvo, being the devil-like entity that he was, remained at large. Or maybe I just wanted that because I loved this show so much and I had the unrealistic desire to see another season revolve around Malvo's exploits and destruction.

I'm also surprised and somewhat disappointed that the deaf guy didn't return at some point.

The Adventure Starts Here!
The only thing I seemed to miss in the finale was how Gus knew to be suspicious of the little cabin and the red BMW. I was pretty sure that *he* didn't know Malvo was currently driving a red BMW. Right?

So why would he find that scene suspicious otherwise?

That was the part that felt forced/too obvious. Otherwise, although some of you felt it was a bit anticlimactic, I went into the finale hoping they wouldn't leave any loose ends. Because this was its own story (this season/series), it had to feel wrapped up to me. And, it did. I can leave it now because I know the fate of all the major characters. So, I was satisfied.

The only thing I seemed to miss in the finale was how Gus knew to be suspicious of the little cabin and the red BMW. I was pretty sure that *he* didn't know Malvo was currently driving a red BMW. Right?
He originally saw Malvo in the BMW and got suspicious in the last episode.

What I didnt know is what riddle he was talking about before he shot him. Anyone know?

I loved the series , it was wonderfully executed. Up until the final scene i thought Thornton was going to reveal himself as Lucifer, what with all the biblical references and all..oh and the little line, "I havn't has a peice of apple pie like that since the Garden of Eden"

Anyway, great show sad that it's over.
I think Malvo was just like Chigur in No Country in this way. He seems almost other worldly, but he is not, or is he? I love that about both those characters, it makes your imagination do a little work. You can read as much or as little into them as you desire. Maybe that would havd worked better if he had not been killed. I like that Bill had his moment though. It was worth it for that alone for me.

He originally saw Malvo in the BMW and got suspicious in the last episode.

What I didnt know is what riddle he was talking about before he shot him. Anyone know?
I didn't think about what he said at the time, but now that you bring it up, I'm thinking it has to be that riddle about all the different shades of green... no?

I didn't think about what he said at the time, but now that you bring it up, I'm thinking it has to be that riddle about all the different shades of green... no?
I think your right. Still wish he would have said more about it.

Me too... because why would that even be relevant? Molly explained it (the survival thing), but it's still just a head-scratcher to me to figure out why that riddle fit into the show's context at all ... let alone here in the last episode.

It goes back to what Malvo told Lester, about people being animals. He regards himself as a predator, and he regards acknowledging we're animals and dominating other people is what predators like him are supposed to do.

He's wrong, of course, and there's some hinting later on that it's really just an excuse to indulge his own terrible impulses. But that's his life philosophy.

Very good finale, I was happy with it despite it being relatively simple. The question is now, how do we give Emmys to both Matthew McCounaghey and Billy Bob Thornton?

And also, what direction is season 2 going to take?

Finally got round to mustering everyone to watch the final episode (I'm not watching series with anyone else outside my house again - too much waiting!) . I was satisfied with the ending, I loved the hints that Malvo was somehow otherworldly (the wolf, the delight in being nasty, the menacing car driving, the way he kills and doesn't kill some people) but then giving us nothing but a man vulnerable to bullets. Glad Mollie and Gus made it through ok. The very Coenesque way of humour suddenly turning black was so well done. Nice

Yeah, I assume everyone wondered at some point or another (possibly, like, half-way through the very first episode, like in my case) whether or not he was basically The Devil.

I havent read any of the thread, and am watching this now for the first time.

What? They got Billy Bob thornton?! Impressive, and Martin Freeman is just killing it with his portrayal of Lester Nygaard. The performances are strong, not good, but strong to where theyre leaving an impression on you. I have to say im as intrigued with what's going on in this story moreso than the movie. It's soon yet but I have a feeling this show wont falter.

Episode 1 SPOILERS

Now when Billy bob kills the cop, and Lester tells him his wife's in the basement, BB goes down into the basement. Then Lester thinks about shooting BB, but the cops arrive. When Lester goes down the basement stairs, BB is gone. How?! I was wondering if BB was a figment of Lesters imagination (see Fight Club), but BB has had too many interactions with others for that to be the case. So how wasnt he in the basement?!

In a word - Ninja Seriously though, I hope they explain that. I will definitely finish this out.

Just finished the 2nd episode. Oh man 2006 Minnesota PD sure aint like CSI on tv! Murderers and thieves would flock there if they knew better. Molly, her Dad, and the murdered sherriff are the only ones so far Ive seen that arent so stupid as to forget to breathe.