2013 MoFo Fantasy Football - The Playoffs

Tools    

I might be able to pull this out yet.

Picked up Justin Todman (MJDs replacement on the Jags), Dennis Johnson (Arian Fosters replacement), and Ryan Griffen (new TE in Houston with Owen Daniels out). Thinking of slotting in Todman for Pierre Thomas's slot (Carolinas tough), and Michael Crabtree instead of Larry Fitzgerald @ Sea. At Seattle, it just has a certain "theres no way your wide recievers gonna get double digits" type of ring to it.

Actually contemplated benching Brees for Ryan Fitzpatrick, R Fitz has slightly outperformed Brees the last 4 weeks in fantasy points, but I cant do that. R Fitz is to prone to interceptions. Still am contemplating benching Adrian Peterson for Dennis Johnson. APs ankles sketchy, and Gerharts coming back too. Could see a 2 or 3 man committee (Matt Asiata) running for Vikes sunday.

Im sure Ill change my mind a dozen more times, but there is some fanasy sports soundness to this way of thinking. I won the fantasy baseball championship by riding the Who's Hot Now waivers during a championship and won. The squad I was up against was even more ridiculous than Justins. Course I didnt have the talent on my team then as I do now. The matchups and circumstances surrounding this weeks championship just look so brutal.

Ok Ive definitely decided to play Jordan Todman over Pierre Thomas. Now Ive got to get the gumption to bench Larry Fitz for Crabtree (i.e. for more than a few hours). God I so dont want to do that. Crabtree is just nowhere near the vicinity of a talent like Larry Fitzgerald.

I didn't say anything about Fitz. But if you want to know, I'd be leaning towards starting Crabtree in his place. That's a tough call, at least, so I'd definitely think about it regardless of whatever Fit'z talent level is (and remember, Crabtree was selected 10th overall, so he's no slouch in the talent department). Plus, I'm not sure how much I care about overall talent level when judging a single sit/start decision, anyway.

With great deliberation, and even ignoring the experts on the sites, Ive decided not to play Michael Crabtree. I just have never been impressed with him, dont think Kapaernick will throw alot, and once San Fran gets ahead theyll probably run with Gore and throw to Vernon Davis.

If I do bench Fitz then itll be for the guy pictured above. He has outproduced Crabtree the last 4 weeks, and only played 3 games to Crabtrees 4 (suspended disciplinary for one). Will do more research on this as he's very new and the stakes cant be higher.

Oh hm! Looks who's double and triple posting the week leading up to the championship, and will probably post a dozen times more before tomorrow? That's right, and now "Mr Does Too Much" is fighting back a strong urge to bench Brees @ Car, Fitz @ Sea, and Peterson @ Cin.

I would go with Ryan Fitzpatrick @ Jax, Justin Hunter @ Jax, and Dennis Johnson (Arian Fosters replacement) vs Den.

Brees got near 40 points against Carolina, at the Superdome. Carolinas allowed next to nothing to QBs when in Carolina, and they are truly capable of shutting brees down altogether. Larry Fitz is battling the concussion in seattle vs the best pass protection in the NFL. If he wasnt Larry Fitz I wouldnt even consider playing him.

Then theres Peterson. I just think theyll be using a 2 or even 3 RB committee sunday. AP & Gerhart are both hurt, and that Asiata guy is good for one thing, goal line TDs. Dennis Johnson is the complete show right now in Houston.

I dont think this would be stupid as theres too many obvious factors i.e. information present, but it would be gutsy. It would be damn gutsy, but if i fail and my stars on the bench would have ended up winning it for me, well then my name would be Mud. There is that. sigh!

Well, I asked people to send me their phone numbers the other day and TONGO sent me his, so I gave him a call and we talked about fantasy football (including tomorrow's MoFo Bowl) for a little while. Enjoy.

Hmm, works okay here. It was still processing when I posted it, though, so you might just wanna fresh and try it again, or hit the YouTube button and try to load it on their site.

Doesnt work at all, and when I hit the YouTube button it says the same thing "This Video Is Private"

Now theyre saying MJD will probably play today. Last home game of year, and that means itll probably be the last home game for MJD with Jacksonville. Dennis Johnson is slotted in.

Edit in - Yep MJD is active.

I hope you two have a great final game - it has been a fun season. I worked pretty hard on my team this year keeping up with players and whatnot. I did come very close to being in the finals and it was not because of my heavy laden Bronco roster, as a matter of fact that is what helped me get to the playoffs and a little further. I came about 4 points away from getting in and I have won it all with a similar roster - although in the PPR league a year ago.
I too think the right teams made it and I hope it is a nail-biter, I will be watching. There is just no love

haha - Happy Holidays all, been a fun year!!!

Same to you, Dionne! Congrats on a great year!

Hope it's a fun, dramatic MoFo Bowl today. Closest one we've ever had was 10 points (MoFo Bowl III).

And don't forget what you guys are playing for, other than pride:

Oy, now they're saying Megatron might not play, and I've got Stafford. Ouch. Especially since the only legitimate alternative free agent QB I might have considered in his place (Cousins) got nabbed about 45 minutes ago.

Between that and MJD being active, I'm having to make a heck of a lot of decisions for the Championship in my other league this morning. SO MUCH DRAMANESS.

1:00 games have started.
This is it.

I have 4 players going to Jamalles 5.

Brees, Peterson, Dennis Johnson (Hou RB), and KC going now.

He has Luck, Garcon, Jamaal (who scored a td inside the first 5 min of the game already), Julius Thomas, and Witten.

Good luck!

I ended up switching to the DET defense over CAR, and with MJD playing I benched Todman for Crabtree (other options were Brown, Hilton, and R. White; tough choices are the perils of an awesome bench).

Here we go!