What's in your wallet? (bag, purse, backpack, etc)

Tools    

Chappie doesn't like the real world
My friends and I were having a discussion at lunch about how you can tell a lot about a person by what they carry stuff around in from place to place and also the contents of the carrier. Even if a person only stuffs things into their pockets, it still says something about them.

We also decided that if all the purses, bags, etc. were thrown into a pile and we didn't know whose was whose to begin with, we'd still be able to figure out pretty quickly what belonged to whom by what was inside of them.

Anyways, I thought it would be fun to bring the conversation here. So what do you carry around with you when you live the house and what's inside it?

I'll go first. I usually carry around a draw string back pack something like this:

But mine is cuter.

This was in my bag at the time of lunch:
A sketch pad
Colored pencils
Various pens & pencils
A pencil sharpener
A utility knife
A flashlight
A dog leash
A half bag of skittles
A book (A Storm of Swords-I'm re-reading the series)
Tape-(I have no idea why)
A half pack of Orbit gum
Chapstick
About a dozen elastic hair bands
My phone
A lighter (again I'm not sure why)
A wallet with my card and $11.51 in cash
Random receipts
A ten dollar winning scratch ticket

Your turn.

My wallet has a lot of credit cards and a lot of receipts, but very little actual money. I also carry a business card for Rattie Ratz Rescue, in case I need to refer somebody to them (it's happened more than you'd think).

My purse is currently empty. I rarely use it. It does have a little Emile (Ratatouille) charm hanging on it, though. It's made of wicker and black leather. I'd take a photo but I'm too lazy.

I usually carry one of my backpacks.

The first one is a black and silver backpack with way too many damn pockets in it. Inside you'll find:

-my wallet
-one of my sets of keys (either the Fillmore (Cars) keychain with my work key, house key, and bedroom key on it as well as a little flashlight keychain or the bunch of keychains that includes 3 Lindsey Buckingham keychains, 1 Tom Petty keychain, one Bob Seger keychain, little mini handcuffs, a Ratatouille keychain, a skull, the letter "V" with pirate skulls, and a little brown mouse. The only actual keys on it are my work key and my house key. Damn thing weighs a ton.
-my portable DVD player and a movie or two
-a baggie with bandaids, antibiotic ointment, Q-tips and hydrocortisone cream
-hairbrush
-pepper spray
-chap stick
-folding hand fan

My other backpack is a large all black packpack wih slightly fewer pockets. Inside you'll find:

-13 pound bowling ball.
-a pair of bowling shoes
-a see saw ball cleaner (like the kind Jesus of The Big Lebowski uses to polish his ball. Only mine's black.)
-2 large water bottles
-hairbrush
-one of the sets of keys
-folding hand fan
-pepper spray
-wallet (if I'm using the bag, anyway)
-If it's Sunday there'll also be a Nugo bar and a chocolate "Cutie Pie"

I bowl 10 games every Sunday morning and walk to and from the bowling to get there (approx. 2.7 miles each way).

My ball:

My shoes:

Before anybody asks, I'm not a very good bowler. I usually average around 120 points per game, with a personal best of 188.

See you carry a flashlight too. My friends thought it was weird that I carry one. I thought it was weird that they thought that was weird.

I forgot to include my keys. Yep, I need those.

What's weird about a flashlight?

I find it comes in handy, especially when I go out late and forget to leave the porchlight on. It makes it easier to find the keyhole. Also I live near a creek and you never know what kind of wildlife you might encounter at night (raccoons, possums, etc). Plus I don't want to trip over the garden hose or something.

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
If I leave my house, I usually only carry stuff in my pockets.

-My phone and house key in one pocket.
-My wallet in the other, which currently contains:

£4.68 in coins
Debit Card
Library Card (for book related emergencies)
Subway Loyalty Card (for subway related emergencies)
16-25 Railcard (which will be handy for when I start in uni later this month)
A piece of paper saying "Bring in Thing" which I assume was something to do with school, but I left school over two months ago, so maybe I never brought in the thing.

I tend to travel light.

Reviews

I guess they all live in town where everything is well lit, so they are never in need of one.

Like you, it's dark where I live and there all sorts of wildlife, including the occasional bear. I certainly would want to see it before it saw me.

What's weird about a flashlight?

I find it comes in handy, especially when I go out late and forget to leave the porchlight on. It makes it easier to find the keyhole. Also I live near a creek and you never know what kind of wildlife you might encounter at night (raccoons, possums, etc). Plus I don't want to trip over the garden hose or something.
You also might unexpectedly find yourself in the laser show of an Iron Butterfly concert.

Like you, it's dark where I live and there all sorts of wildlife, including the occasional bear. I certainly would want to see it before it saw me.
Yikes.

I live in town, but there's a creek that runs through my neighborhood so I see a lot of critters at night and during the day. Raccoons, possums, squirrels, muskrats, turkeys, lizards, snakes. Occasional skunk. I also spot a lot of vultures and the occasional owl or hawk when I walk along the creek. There's also a canal that runs nearby and periodically you can spot otters and Canada geese swimming in it. But no bears in town, though there are some up in the nearby hills, mountain lions too.

Another thing I'm likely to encounter is garden snails. I hate it when I accidentally step on them. I feel bad for them plus snail guts on my shoe is gross.

ok,let's see,in the bag:

sunglasses
umbrella
small purse for make-up
perfume
notebook
wallet
plastic ice cube
tons of papers with notes(since I watch movies at work,I write some notes for a review and put them all in my bag,then carry them until I write the review )
toothpicks
earphones
matches,cigarettes,random lighters
lots of receipts
USB
chewing gum,mints and other random mouth fresheners

Bag looks something like:

In the wallet I have money,"to-do lists",library card,ID card,various malls cards that give discounts,calendar,receipts again

If I leave my house, I usually only carry stuff in my pockets.

-My phone and house key in one pocket.
-My wallet in the other, which currently contains:

£4.68 in coins
Debit Card
Library Card (for book related emergencies)
Subway Loyalty Card (for subway related emergencies)
16-25 Railcard (which will be handy for when I start in uni later this month)
A piece of paper saying "Bring in Thing" which I assume was something to do with school, but I left school over two months ago, so maybe I never brought in the thing.

I tend to travel light.
I write myself cryptic notes all the time. It's fun trying to figure them out months later.

When I'm not cycling my bag is a canvas cross bag, something like this but it's red and got a nicer pattern on:

When I'm on my bike I use a back pack like this but mine is leather:

I put the following into whatever bag I'm using:

Purse

Passport - I don't have a driving license so it's the next best thing for ID for me. It's kept in the small zipped section of my bags.

House key, Bike lock keys

Folding Hand Fan - nice to see someone else carries one.

Hairbrush

Hand wipes:

Pack of Tissues

Small make up bag, I have this one:

Depending on what's happening I carry a Nikon camera in my bag similar to this:

Mobile Phone

A pen

If where I am travelling to is far then I will put a book and MP3 player in my bag.

If I'm going out shopping I shove a tote bag into my bag so I don't use the plastic bags from the shops. I just shove everything into the tote bag and it's easier than carrying around separate bags.

I think that's it.

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
I write myself cryptic notes all the time. It's fun trying to figure them out months later.
I had one once saying "Please don't forget about that, Luke". I think I forgot about it

Only 3 things really:

Wallet: Moths
Pockets: Lint... and some tobacco and a lighter
Cue Case: Pool Cue

My wallet sometimes has money if I win a few games of pool...

If I'm going out shopping I shove a tote bag into my bag so I don't use the plastic bags from the shops. I just shove everything into the tote bag and it's easier than carrying around separate bags.

I think that's it.
Yeah, I have tote bags in my car I use for groceries. I used to bike to the grocery, but now the one I shop at is 35 miles away, so I drive. There is a store 2 miles away that I'll bike to to get small things I need, but I do my major shopping a distance away.

Only 3 things really:

Aw. That tells a story doesn't it? So far the guys on this forum are really light travelers. I can't leave the house without taking at least all the stuff that I listed. That was a light day, I usually carry more especially if I have a dog or two with me. The guys at lunch were carrying stuff. Not as much as the girls, I guess, but more than you could stuff in your pockets.

I hate having stuff in my pockets, so I tend to unload most of it when I sit down at a desk, and I like to keep my wallet in the leather bag I take to work (with some books and an iPad in it). But if just otherwise going out it's just wallet, phone, keys.

Only 3 things really:

Don't forget that little bag that contains your portable DVD player and Young Guns and Young Guns II.